GliderCENTRAL

Post Poned Neutering Set For March

Posted By: Claralice

Post Poned Neutering Set For March - 02/14/18 02:47 AM

Due to confusion over the ecollars, the neutering was cancelled. It is now scheduled for March 8th. I am feeling relief but also confidence that this will be a good thing! So, ecollars are here, traveling etc ready so here we go!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Post Poned Neutering Set For March - 02/14/18 05:05 AM

Don't over think this. Did you find out if they are doing a laser pom off procedure?

If so just ask them to do it at least 1/8 of an inch from their belly so there isn't a hole. It will shrink in on itself and close up.

Re: Post Poned Neutering Set For March - 02/14/18 07:03 AM

It is not laser and they do not shave. She, the vet apparently routinely does one particular breeders males prior to sell.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Post Poned Neutering Set For March - 02/14/18 04:48 PM

:thumb2:
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Post Poned Neutering Set For March - 02/14/18 05:43 PM

I agree with Feather/Kim. Please don't stress about this as your stress will transfer to the glider. Everything will be fine. Just have the e-collar in case it is needed.

Re: Post Poned Neutering Set For March - 02/15/18 12:07 AM

Thank you for the support Kim and Karen! I am learning all I can regarding the neuter process and do realize I have to have a calm state in order to instill calm. I am feeling much relief as I learn this is best and that most gliders do fine with veterinarians' that are familiar with this exotic breed and very familiar with the procedure.
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL