GliderCENTRAL

EN Kage Kleen

Posted By: Shalena

EN Kage Kleen - 05/08/18 05:34 AM

Hi, again! Was wondering what some of you thought of Exotic Nutritions Kage Kleen product as I myself just bought it. I have always used baby wipes to wipe down my cage. Also the smell of Kage Kleen while using it seemed a bit to much, should I be worried this could harm my suggies? I did as instructions said and took my suggies (and bird) out of the room before i used the product and kept them away until the scent died down. Is this just me or am i just a worry wart?
Thanks~
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: EN Kage Kleen - 05/08/18 10:31 AM

I've never used this and I went to their website. It seems to be mostly natural, a biodegrable product. My biggest concern is smell. I would make sure to rinse well after cleaning. If the animals can't be in the room while cleaning, I'd make sure to rinse well.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: EN Kage Kleen - 05/08/18 02:06 PM

Most of these cage cleaning products, IMO, are just a gimmick to get the humans to purchase them. There are already safe products we have in the home that can be used.

Many of use simply use Dawn dishwashing soap making sure it is thoroughly rinsed. If it is good enough to use on oil soaked wild life, it is certainly good enough for our suggies cages and accessories agree
Posted By: alicat

Re: EN Kage Kleen - 05/08/18 05:54 PM

I also used Kage Kleen once, and the smell was pretty strong for a while. Even rinsing didn't seem to get all the smell out. As Karen said, Dawn works really good. I have been using a solution of a little apple cider vinegar and water. It works great, and the smell dies down quickly. It has really kept cage smell down very well. I only wash a section of the cage every day so the girls don't over mark.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL