GliderCENTRAL

Lumpy Tail

Posted By: shad0ws

Lumpy Tail - 05/29/18 02:13 PM

Help! My Squeaks has lumps on her tail! I watched my food hoarder bite her tail. I'm now seeing Squeaks grooming it. will the lumps go down? I'm currently giving the food before they wake up, multiple stations, and sitting right next to the cage to prevent any issues. It has helped, they have not been fighting for the last four nights. The weird thing now, is the food hoarder is being protective of Squeaks.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Lumpy Tail - 05/29/18 03:17 PM

It is hard to know if this was over food aggression or something else.

Will the bumps go down? That is also something we cannot tell you because we don't know how bad the bites are and more importantly we are not vets. These could just be superficial bites or they could be deep dunno

You should take her to a vet for proper assessment and medication if indicated.

Multiple stations could solve the problem if this was a food aggression issue. But, if Squeaks grooms the tail too much, there could be another issue of overgrooming.

Vet visit is still in order.

I am going to move this to Health & Hygiene now.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Lumpy Tail - 05/29/18 11:55 PM

I agree with Karen about the vet visit. If the blood supply was cut off to the end of the tail from the bite it will start to die and need to be amputated and antibiotics given so that the glider doesn't get a septic infection from the dying tail.

Please keep us posted on your little one.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL