GliderCENTRAL

Neutered Male with Bald Spot?

Posted By: clreilly

Neutered Male with Bald Spot? - 09/23/19 05:13 PM

Hello!

I have two gliders a boy, Genji, oop May 29, 2019, and a girl, Misha, oop June 21, 2019. We received them on August 16, 2019. The boy was neutered prior to us getting them. About a week ago we noticed he had a little bald spot on his head. Our girl is intact and we don't want to keep them together if there is a chance of them breeding since they are so young. I took them to the vet on September 13 for an annual check-up and no one noticed it. I attached a picture of my handsome man below. Hes been acting completely normal and it isn't oily like he is marking. I also rotate my cage cleaning. I do the tray one week, half the toys/ fleece the second week, the other half of the toys, fleece the third week, and the cage itself the last week. I also feed TPG.

Attached picture Bald Spot.jpg
Posted By: Xeno

Re: Neutered Male with Bald Spot? - 09/23/19 07:09 PM

I do not think it is big enough to indicate he is intact. It will probably fade with age.

Re: Neutered Male with Bald Spot? - 09/23/19 07:12 PM

Ok I was looking at some pictures I took of them at the vet and it is noticeable but very tiny. So it did grow. I will just keep an eye on it.
Posted By: Xeno

Re: Neutered Male with Bald Spot? - 09/23/19 08:00 PM

My understanding is that the bald spot can grow a little bit immediately after the neuter and shrinks once the hormones filter out which takes time after the neuter. If it continues to grow I would look into it.

Hopefully someone who knows more will chime in.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Neutered Male with Bald Spot? - 09/24/19 04:02 PM

Can you post a picture of his belly. It may take two people to do this.

Re: Neutered Male with Bald Spot? - 09/24/19 07:32 PM

I was able to get one through the tent and another one that isn't as good.

Attached picture Webp.net-resizeimage 1.jpg
Attached picture Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Posted By: Feather

Re: Neutered Male with Bald Spot? - 09/25/19 05:24 PM

He is neutered. Some boys keep a little bit of their bald spot, specially if they rub their heads on everything.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL