GliderCENTRAL

Jelly bracelets.

Posted By: xSwtxSugaX

Jelly bracelets. - 07/07/11 07:39 AM

So.. Since I plan on toy making ive been scanning the party supply sites like mad. And Ive found this. I know alot of you have trouble finding the jelly bracelets without being overcharged for like five of them. This is a deal if ive ever seen one. Only Question is.. the size and what its made of.

Im not sure if it would be safe for the babies to chew on.. and they seem incredibly small.. (I think). Isnt Vinyl toxic if chewed on?

Advice?

http://www.orientaltrading.com/lots-and-lots-of-jelly-bracelets-a2-39_1929-12-1.fltr?Ntt=rainbows
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Jelly bracelets. - 07/07/11 07:50 AM

Write to them and ask for the MSDS sheets. Lately I am nervous of everything that comes out of china. I used to feel that if it was made for kids it would be safe, but I no longer feel that way as so many products that come from overseas has been found to contain unsafe chemicals.

But that is a great find! Thanks!

Re: Jelly bracelets. - 07/07/11 10:35 AM

Very true! Only prob... everything is made in china. lol Even the ones u buy from walmart. So thats why I was conflicted. Do they openly hand out those sheets when asked?
Posted By: TheGliderPlayroom

Re: Jelly bracelets. - 07/07/11 01:59 PM

I thought the soft jelly bracelets were a huge no-no? I've only ever used the hard bangle bracelets. I think I remember a glider getting tangled up in a soft one.

Re: Jelly bracelets. - 07/07/11 08:15 PM

The soft jelly rings get hard after awhile. I know alot of people that use them on here. Never heard of one getting tangled in one.. dunno
Posted By: Jackie_Chans_Mom

Re: Jelly bracelets. - 07/07/11 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: TheGliderPlayroom
I thought the soft jelly bracelets were a huge no-no? I've only ever used the hard bangle bracelets. I think I remember a glider getting tangled up in a soft one.

You remember correctly, Helen. This is why we moved to only using hard plastic bracelets for toys.

Re: Jelly bracelets. - 07/07/11 10:55 PM

When did this happen? Just recently? I JUST saw a thread not too long ago about people looking for these things and how they are hard to find in larger quantities. I aparently didnt get the memo. lol
Posted By: LuuLuu

Re: Jelly bracelets. - 07/08/11 01:19 AM

I only use the hard plastic bracelets... even washed them with dish soap before putting them in the cage LOL Even if they are 'ok' to use, I'd be afraid that my chewer Ziggy would bite pieces off and ingest them
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Jelly bracelets. - 07/09/11 08:47 PM

Originally Posted By: xSwtxSugaX
Very true! Only prob... everything is made in china. lol Even the ones u buy from walmart. So thats why I was conflicted. Do they openly hand out those sheets when asked?

Its my understanding that if you request it, they have to furnish it.
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL