GliderCENTRAL

fake leaves?

Posted By: Anonymous

fake leaves? - 06/11/09 05:44 PM

Where is everyone getting these fake leaves from? Maybe that is why I never see my kids tail wrapping because they do not have fun leaves to play with?
Posted By: DeeDancer

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 05:58 PM

I get my fake vines from hobby lobby. I'm sure there are some other places that carry them too.

Other good things for tail carriers are plastic bangles and milk jug rings (cut so that they can't hurt themselves).

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 06:09 PM

I have jug rings in there already and monkeys. I sometimes fnd monkeys in their pouch, maybe they will have more fun with leaves.

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 06:41 PM

At the dollar tree they have the safe vines (the ones without wire!) you can buy some of those and strip one to put in a toy somewhere and hang the others. Rodan LOVES those vines.

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 07:02 PM

What do you mean strip one?
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 08:59 PM

She means taking the leaves off. thumb

I find that my kids strip their own vines (no help from me wink ). Mine also really like the small flowers and stuff their pouches with them.
Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 09:04 PM

Gretchen, I know you can buy the fake flowers that are not connected to the stems. Is there any certain kind (fabric material wise) that can be used vs some made of material that you should not use. I hope that made sense! lol

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 09:23 PM

Mine like the flowered vines (I only find them every once in a while - the ones filled with small flowers).

As far as fake flowers to use/not use - I stay away from the flowers and leaves that have that fake dew or water droplets on them. And if they have a fuzzy center, I don't use those either. Some of the vines have styrofoam balls added, but you can usually just pull those off.

Most of the fabric and plastic plants work fine for mine, just watch the fabric because it sometimes ravels, so I pull those pieces out.
Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 09:26 PM

Ok, that helps thankyou Gretchen!

I tried the wire free vines but none of my crew ever touched them and then they started to smell from urine getting on them and soaking in. I threw them away I was so disgusted. I figure they might like the loose ones better.

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: sugarlope

I find that my kids strip their own vines (no help from me wink ).

Mine do the same thing.. and instead of a ball pit, I sometimes use the loose leaves that they've stripped. They love digging around in their "leaf pit" agree

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 09:43 PM

I wash the vines in the dishwasher (no heat drying) so I can keep using them until there aren't any more leaves, that is. smile

Re: fake leaves? - 06/11/09 11:17 PM

I get mine from hobby lobby they have a huge selection. The gliders love them and are so cute when they are tarring them up.
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: fake leaves? - 06/12/09 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: shar0na
Originally Posted By: sugarlope

I find that my kids strip their own vines (no help from me wink ).

Mine do the same thing.. and instead of a ball pit, I sometimes use the loose leaves that they've stripped. They love digging around in their "leaf pit" agree
Omg, I do this too!! LoL!!!! It's SO cute to see them in the leaf pit ruffling around!!! heart

Re: fake leaves? - 06/12/09 05:30 AM

Ok... I will be going there hopefully next week like monday smile Thanks!!! smile

Re: fake leaves? - 06/12/09 05:51 AM

I found these really cool leaf things at the dollar tree. I don't really know how to describe them. They are just a sprig of really big leaves. I weaved them through the backs and the sides of the cage. Anywho the leaves and stems are strong enough for them to climb on. My fuzzy butts love them! I also get my vines at the dollar tree.. However, I never thought of making a little leaf pit for them after they destroy the vine.. I will now though.. Double the money.. lol.. I just found the balls for the ball pit. My Wally world doesn't carry them. But we visited a Meijer 30 miles away and Yay we got them!

Re: fake leaves? - 06/12/09 03:24 PM

Sweet!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL