GliderCENTRAL

CritterTrail Plastic Tubes

Posted By: Wyldfyre63

CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/15/09 03:26 PM

Has anyone used this plastic tube network for gliders? They are advertised for hamsters & gerbils and are 2 1/2" wide plastic tubes that connect in numerous combinations.

I bought a load of them to make a maze for their cage, but they look awfully small in the diameter department. My girls are not fluffy at all but I still wonder if they'll fit well. It certainly doesn't look like they'd be able to trun around in the tube. Before i open the packaging I'd like to know if anyone has had experience with them. Thanks!

Janine
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/15/09 03:30 PM

I wouldn't risk it, if they decided to turn around in one, they may get stuck. Shoot even hamsters sometimes get stuck in those things.
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/15/09 03:33 PM

I agree. No since risking it.

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/15/09 03:51 PM

They do make a ferret size product that is very similar. Will cost you a bit more but the tubes will be much larger in diameter (~3-4")
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/15/09 04:40 PM

Sadly, I lost a pet Rat to one of those tube network things. The ferret ones are MUCH bigger.

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/15/09 04:44 PM

awww frown

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/15/09 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: chattrbabe
Sadly, I lost a pet Rat to one of those tube network things. The ferret ones are MUCH bigger.

Did he/she get stuck? What happened?

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/15/09 07:24 PM

I would use them for playtime! Set up the maze you are talking about for tent time and/or supervised play ONLY. That way you can keep an eye on them.

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/16/09 07:52 AM

Yeah, she got stuck and I found her the morning after. Quite tragic. I agree with Robin, if you are there the WHOLE TIME they are playing with the tubes, all should be fine because you'll be there in case of an emergency.
Posted By: nancy1202

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/16/09 05:31 PM

I've been thinking about trying some of the Ferret tubes, but I don't want the whole playground. Where is the best place to buy some of the individual tubes? I haven't found them at my local pet stores, so will have to get them online.

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/16/09 06:10 PM

Nancy, try ferret.com or petstore.com.

Janine
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/17/09 02:15 AM

I have 3 sections of the ferret tubes in both of my cages. The glider kids love them. I find all sorts of toys in there - bracelets, monkeys & straws all get carried into the tunnel. Sometimes they choose to sleep in the tunnel - they are clear enough I can see the gliders in them. I found them at a local pet store.

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/17/09 03:15 AM

Your petco or petsmart doesn't have them Nancy?

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/17/09 03:17 AM

Petsmart doesn't anymore. Maybe just online. (I work there)
Posted By: nancy1202

Re: CritterTrail Plastic Tubes - 06/17/09 08:08 AM

We don't have a Petco and that explains why I couldn't find them at Petsmart! Feeders Supply only has the small critter tubes, so I'll just get them from ferret.com. Thanks!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL