GliderCENTRAL

Enrichment Toys

Posted By: GliderNursery

Enrichment Toys - 03/24/14 08:00 PM

We all know that sugar gliders need daily enrichment to keep themselves occupied while in the cage at night. What type of items do you use, what do you think they need?

Please include photos of your favorite enrichment toy, how it works, what you like about it, and even where you got it from!
Posted By: Terry

Re: Enrichment Toys - 03/25/14 01:45 AM

I currently have mostly foraging toys, I need more reset toys.

I made a few tunnels from landwire clothe before leaving MD. I have alternated how they are hung in their cage so the larger one is hanging high on the back wall with a long dangly forage toy that came with Ollie (made by his mom), the small tunnel is hung horizontal higher on the right side. In addition to the tunnels I have two hide-away toys Frog with dangly toy to hang things off of, their tree house and a toy bin, last but not least two much loved wheels.

I'll try to get photo of the tunnel/forage toy up asap, need to get close up photo and can't do it just now.

I managed to get a photo of the toy. My plan was to use tunnels in various orientations for changes, hang things inside and out for enrichment purposes. So far I just hung a forage toy inside and a few monkeys off the bottom, hoping to more, maybe stick some through here and there. Ideas welcome and appreciated.

By the way, tunnels are fixed to sides with links, do not move much, forage toy is dangling, hanging from roof.
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Enrichment Toys - 03/25/14 06:28 PM

I like ones that make them work or think for the treats hidden inside. Alot of puzzle bird toys. Some have compartments that have to be twisted or pulled to open, or have little doors that swing open. I find all mine at Petsmart. Sorry no photos.
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Enrichment Toys - 03/26/14 11:40 AM

My gliders favorite is a wiffle ball stuffed with fleece strips. Sometimes I intertwine a treat in a few of the strips when I'm stuffing them in. Those are the days that every single piece of fleece is pulled out of the ball.

I'll try to remember to take pics tonight....

Re: Enrichment Toys - 03/26/14 11:56 PM

Here is a pic of one of my toys that I got from Sarah's Suggie Shoppe . My gliders pull the parts and literally tie it into a knot! :rofl2:

Here is another that is made by Treasured Gliders :

This is also made by Melissa @ Treasured Gliders. It is an amazing foraging toy!
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Enrichment Toys - 04/10/14 07:27 PM

Come on people! We can do better than that. I know you have more ideas and pictures out there grin
Posted By: Drez

Re: Enrichment Toys - 04/12/14 12:35 AM

Can anyone recommend some good jungle themed toys for the little ones? I'm trying to put together a more natural looking environment for them as much as possible. Going to have vines and leafy vines but I want to make sure they have toys as well to keep them entertained while they are in there. I do love the toys above but they're a bit more brightly colored then the overall theme I was going for. If there's no way around it, then so be it. I'd rather them be happy then worry about it that much.

Re: Enrichment Toys - 04/12/14 12:39 AM

Mine were specifically ordered as my "theme" is red, blue, and yellow. Check out the vendors in Toy Classifieds. Many will do custom orders. wink

Re: Enrichment Toys - 04/12/14 12:39 AM

There has to be more of you with photos of your enrichment toys?
Posted By: ssdreamsicles

Re: Enrichment Toys - 04/12/14 12:46 AM

Id post mine Shelly but you already did tounge tounge
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Enrichment Toys - 04/12/14 12:48 AM

You can always add grapevine and cork bark to the cages!!
Posted By: ssdreamsicles

Re: Enrichment Toys - 04/12/14 01:43 AM

Id love some grapevine but I dont think i can get it around here. I need to get some larger cork bark and make some toys out of it for my guys. I have smaller cork but its for the geckos.
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL