GliderCENTRAL

***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!***

Posted By: BindiAndScrubbie

***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 02:52 AM

So I was thinking of doing some sort of 'gym' type contraption to hang on the back of my office door (aka, also the suggie room) but I have no idea how to sew. So almost 4 hours later...I came up with this. It is about 5 foot tall, 2 foot wide, and hangs on the back of the door by 4 small plastic hooks. The two sides are braided fleece. Actually each side is three braids that are again, braided together for thickness. Each ladder rung is pvc pipe threaded through another braid and wrapped with fleece and tied on both ends. I am sure I will change/improve the toys hanging off of it but this is my first attempt at something this big. It turned out exactly how I had it pictured in my head so I am happy. Thought I'd share it with you all in case you wanted to give it a try. It actually was pretty easy to do and the best thing is it doesn't take up room space!

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Suggietrio/Ladder001.jpg
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Suggietrio/Ladder002.jpg

Posted By: Anonymous

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 02:56 AM

Ooooh! Nice job!

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 03:06 AM

Thanks! Once my suggies stop being freaked out...they may even play on it! roflmao
Posted By: Adri

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 03:07 AM

That is really nice! I love it!
Posted By: GliderGrrrL

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 03:11 AM

That ladder is really awesome Davie. Your girls are going to LOVE it.

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 03:20 AM

I hope so! Right now, between the full moon, and new things being in their cage and room...they are freaked! roflmao Hopefully when they are back to normal, they'll love it...they're always trying to scale the door anyway, now they have something else to climb on!

Thanks guys!
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 03:36 AM

Davie, that is REALLY cute! Can I save your pics for later use? I don't have much artistic umph right now. And, with me, it takes alot of umph to get things going!

Great job! clap

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 03:42 AM

Absolutely! I know what you mean...I have to be in the mood too! If you do decide to do this...just yell at me if you need help. Though, like I said...it was simple. Nothing but fleece, knots, braids, and patience!
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 04:00 AM

Thanks! I'll file this with my 'suggie to-do stuff!'

This actually looks like it would work great inside the hex cage too. Hmmmmm.

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 04:16 AM

Oh...I'm sure it would...good idea! Maybe I'll make a smaller one for my cage! wink

When you do it, I want to see a pic!

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 05:06 AM

That is cute! I'm sure your suggies will love of once they calm down a bit!
I may just have to make one myself now!

smile
Posted By: GliderGrrrL

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 05:36 AM

How do you keep the pvc in the braid? I want to try to make one.
Posted By: Sabrina

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 06:20 AM

Originally Posted By: GliderGrrrL

I have a no sew ladder that I made and one that I had made with a cage set I bought. You can also braid the rungs of the ladder instead of using pipe. If you braid the sides tight enough and just put the pvc through it should stay. I used braided fleece for my rungs. I tied off the ends with fleece and then used that to tie the rungs to the ladder after I squeezed them through the braids. The one that was made for me had thick plastic rungs..sort of like dog chew toys. Hopefully that made sense smile
Posted By: MagicEyez

Re: ***The "No Sew" Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 02:36 PM

That is very very cute!!!!

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 02:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Sabrina

I have a no sew ladder that I made and one that I had made with a cage set I bought. You can also braid the rungs of the ladder instead of using pipe. If you braid the sides tight enough and just put the pvc through it should stay. I used braided fleece for my rungs. I tied off the ends with fleece and then used that to tie the rungs to the ladder after I squeezed them through the braids. The one that was made for me had thick plastic rungs..sort of like dog chew toys. Hopefully that made sense smile

Seriously?!?! Shoot! I thought I was the first inventor! Oh well.... roflmao

Nicole...Yes...what she said. The pipe slips over the braid and the braided ends tie to the sides of the ladder. I first tried without the pvc but it kept 'bowing'. PVC kept it straightened out. When everything was tied, because it looked messy, I 'finished' each section with a thicker fleece knot to hide the mess.
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/11/09 11:58 PM

Awesome, Davie! Where's mine? LOL

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/12/09 12:00 AM

That is great! I will have to try my hand at this one, lol!

You are so creative! I love it!!!
Posted By: vagraphix

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/12/09 12:24 AM

I may have to try that but smaller - great job
Posted By: Sabrina

Re: ***The No Sew Activity Ladder!!!*** - 03/12/09 03:57 AM

Originally Posted By: BindiAndScrubbie
Originally Posted By: Sabrina

Seriously?!?! Shoot! I thought I was the first inventor! Oh well.... roflmao

Nicole...Yes...what she said. The pipe slips over the braid and the braided ends tie to the sides of the ladder. I first tried without the pvc but it kept 'bowing'. PVC kept it straightened out. When everything was tied, because it looked messy, I 'finished' each section with a thicker fleece knot to hide the mess.

I do that, too. I think up all of these ideas and then see that it's already there frown Everything is a variation of some other idea anyway. Your ladder is really cute. I don't have a pic of mine cuz I have to wash it, but here's the link to the one I ordered. It's 4 posts down. smile

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...WESO#Post706618
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL