GliderCENTRAL

Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference

Posted By: Anonymous

Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/30/09 06:12 PM

Well I was looking at fabric again... and I saw fleece then I saw Flannel... I couldn't really tell the difference except flannel felt a bit harder.

Is there a real difference?
Posted By: sugarlope

Re: Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/30/09 06:25 PM

Flannel is more like cotton - it will ravel, whereas fleece will not. thumb
Posted By: CharmedSuggies

Re: Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/30/09 06:26 PM

nevermind, lol, sorry
Posted By: Sherri

Re: Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/30/09 06:41 PM

When sewing with flannel you have to be careful to make sure it doesnt unravel. Its also not reccomended to use flannel on the inside of pouches either, so you'll still need fleece for that.

Re: Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/31/09 12:01 AM

What does ravel mean exactly blush Sorry...

Re: Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/31/09 12:08 AM

You know how if you cut your jeans into cut offs and wash them and the part where it was cut gets all stringy... that is raveling lol

Re: Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/31/09 12:22 AM

Oh! Haha. Thanks! roflmao
Posted By: Trigger

Re: Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/31/09 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Sherri
When sewing with flannel you have to be careful to make sure it doesnt unravel. Its also not reccomended to use flannel on the inside of pouches either, so you'll still need fleece for that.

I am wondering why this is. I have several sissy pouches with flannel inside & cotton outside. I really prefer the flannel for summer time here in TX because it is just so hot.

Re: Flannel VS Fleece? What's the difference - 05/31/09 01:32 AM

Also, you have to watch the surface of flannel, just like cotton. With fleece the nap is so dense that their little toenails can't reach the crossthreads as well, but with cotton and flannel the crossthreads right on the surface, thus posing an entanglement danger. In other words, you have to keep their nails trimmed with either one. wink
© 2022 GliderCENTRAL