GliderCENTRAL

young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser

Posted By: bbjoeys

young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/06/11 03:29 PM

My gliders are about 5 months old now (we have had them for 3 months) and they sit on top of the custom cruiser full bounce wheel but have not figured out how to run in it yet and make it spin. Any advice?
Posted By: Viciousencounter

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/06/11 06:36 PM

Um some meal worms in the wheel or peanut butter, honey or whatever they like dotted on the back of the wheel.

You could slowly walk inside of it using your hand to show what is does.
Posted By: SGQ

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/10/11 04:50 PM

My first babies were like that! They would run and jump on the top and make it spin and go over the other side roflmao

It was hilarious to watch actually~

I started placing them inside the wheel and moving it *slowly* so they could see they could run inside of it. Eventually they got it.

I really like the idea of putting treats in there~ lol~ I bet that would get faster results smile
Posted By: Berg

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/10/11 06:57 PM

grin Wait until they do figure out, and then both run in opposite directions at the same time! It's hilarious, but they are having fun!
Posted By: bbjoeys

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/12/11 03:37 PM

Thanks guys! I have tried mealies in the wheel and turning it gently while they are in it. I think it will just take time!
Posted By: All4Murphy

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/26/11 05:48 AM

I have had the same problem and mine just dont get it and i tried guiding them and treats...its just not happenin for us
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/26/11 06:12 AM

Have you tried putting them in the wheel, and then holding one of their favorite treats in front of them, just out of their reach? They will try to walk up and get the treat, but they won't get anywhere because they are in the wheel! roflmao
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/26/11 06:22 AM

Try putting them in the wheel, and holding a feather on the outside of the track that they have to "chase" to get to. Bet they will figure it out!
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/26/11 07:56 AM

My pouch potato used to think the wheel was some kind of a luxury couch where he could just chill out. shakehead

I showed him the wheel can turn, moved the wheel slowly in the opposite direction for a few times with him in it. He soon after figured it out. smile
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/26/11 09:19 AM

My guys LOVE LOVE LOVE their Custom Cruiser!!!! mlove

Katy, Iris and Ira heart
(In mid spin)
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/26/11 11:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Gizmogirl
My pouch potato used to think the wheel was some kind of a luxury couch where he could just chill out. shakehead

I showed him the wheel can turn, moved the wheel slowly in the opposite direction for a few times with him in it. He soon after figured it out. smile

Yes! And now Boesman is a very regular user of the wheel! LOL
Posted By: All4Murphy

Re: young gliders have not figured out custom cruiser - 01/27/11 07:07 PM

Ya i tried all off that and its like it goes to fast for them once it gets to the point where it spins them the rest of the way and they hate that so i tried to control it for them the first couple times and they just dont get it. Ive tried the feather the treats and me spinning it for them with them walking frown but i hate the wheel they are in. They run really fast and you can tell they want to run faster and jump but they cant because of the bar in the middle
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL