GliderCENTRAL

Stealth v Magnum

Posted By: sunjana1

Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 01:06 PM

So, I have chewers and have already have had to replace a piece on my Stealth. Now I am in the market for a second wheel as a backup/for my travel cage and am wondering if I should get the Magnum instead?

I know it will fit through the cage door no problem - my main concern is if the weight of the Magnum is much more than the Stealth, the side mount will put a lot of strain on the cage bars.

Does anyone have experience with both these wheels that can share some advice? Sure would appreciate it!

I also am a little baffled on how to mount the (any) wheel in my 65 gallon rept. It has a custom frame with a wheel mount, but I can't for the life of me figure out how a wheel would fit on it!
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 01:09 PM

Wish I could help but I have no experience with the Magnum, nor do I have experience with Repts. Hope you can figure something out so you don't have to keep replacing parts!

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 01:58 PM

Thanks! Me too! They seemed to have backed off the chewing quite a bit, I haven't had to replace anything else...but I have spare landware net just in case!
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 02:00 PM

LOL...I know others have trouble with them chewing it. Mine chew on some of their toys but that's it. What a pain though, huh?? There's got to be someone here that has experience with the Magnums. Have you looked in the archives for threads?

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 02:25 PM

yes I did a couple of searches, nothing about weight that I could find :/
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 02:29 PM

I think for the mounts you are going to need to do some frame modifications of your own. How to go about that I'm not sure. I've never tried to mount Stealths or the Magnum Stealth in any cage. I have two Cruisers though and even my chewer cage hasn't destroyed either one.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 02:31 PM

I do not have a Magnum but I have seen them. I would worry more about the overall size of a Magnum in a travel cage. I think they are a lot deeper (front to back) than the stealth even though the height and diameter of the wheel are about the same. If your travel cage is small it might make things a bit tight in the cage.
Posted By: Incerta

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 02:32 PM

My ratties love their Magnums! I have the HQ Brisbane/Sturdy Sugar Glider Cages and have had no trouble with the regular side mount. But you could get the PVC stand instead, if you're worried about your bars.

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 03:19 PM

Originally Posted By: OtteMom
I do not have a Magnum but I have seen them. I would worry more about the overall size of a Magnum in a travel cage. I think they are a lot deeper (front to back) than the stealth even though the height and diameter of the wheel are about the same. If your travel cage is small it might make things a bit tight in the cage.

Thanks Candy, I was thinking the same thing - that I would probably HAVE to use the stealth for the travel cage/as a back up.

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Incerta
My ratties love their Magnums! I have the HQ Brisbane/Sturdy Sugar Glider Cages and have had no trouble with the regular side mount. But you could get the PVC stand instead, if you're worried about your bars.

Thank you! I think it will be worth a try at least! I do have the PVC stand already - but to be honest I don't find it very practical, at least not in my cage, and I always worry about one of my guys laying under it or something.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/20/11 11:20 PM

Can't help with the Magnum, sorry.

Do your wheels have the pvc stand? If not, you'll need the vertical pvc pole to mount it into a rept or Glide-arium frame.

You can go to the Fast Track website and look at the FAQ page HERE. There you will see one way to make a wheel mount for a Glide-arium. Hope that helps! wink
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Stealth v Magnum - 07/21/11 01:00 AM

Please go to the AtticWorx web site and call Charlie. We live less than 50 miles from you and will be more than happy to answer your questions. We make both wheels.
Have a nice day!
© 2022 GliderCENTRAL