GliderCENTRAL

Wash a Wodent

Posted By: Holly1221

Wash a Wodent - 10/02/08 03:54 AM

how do i wash a wodent with the track in it ? do i have to take it apart ? dunno i'm used to my stealth...
Posted By: KattyM

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/02/08 04:42 AM

I know I had a Wodent in the past. If I recall, it has plastic screws or something you can take a dime to and remove the track (like when you're going to change it)? Or is that the Stealth? I haven't used mine in awhile, since they didn't really do the trick for me. dunno
Posted By: CritterHill

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/02/08 12:02 PM

If you remove the pin out of the front of the wheel, then the whole of the wheel will come apart. Here are assembly instructions: http://www.transoniq.com/assembly.html if you need help putting it back together after you have washed it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/02/08 10:03 PM

i take mine apart and then put it in the dishwasher.

but yeah basically you pull the little pin out and try not to lose any of the pieces while you're cleaning it.
Posted By: Holly1221

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/02/08 11:33 PM

great ! as if i'm not going thru enough, i gotta figure out how to take it apart, carry it to the sink to wash it while on crutches.. can my life get any crappier ?!

[p.s, soz for the rant; i dislocated my knee. i'm not very happy lately]

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/03/08 02:09 PM

I just take my wodents off the stand (they are zip tied to the cage), take the front piece off and wash all of it with hot hot soapy water and rinse well. Sometimes I have to do the extra scrubbing (ew) but it takes me no time at all. Never thought of the dishwasher tho lol.

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/03/08 02:55 PM

Just be sure to wash the wodent wheel *alone* in the dishwasher. Ewww! Just run a cycle before using it with the dirty dishes.

Jen

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/03/08 04:26 PM

I remove the pin and soak my wodent wheel in the tub - then scrub it clean..... reassembly and it is ready to use again.
Posted By: Sabrina

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/03/08 04:26 PM

I was in a major hurry one day and just took the whole thing into the bathroom and rinsed it off with super hot water and one of those hand-held shower things. Later on when I came home, I took it apart to check it out and there was no smell and no residue left, so it worked great. Mine don't get it that dirty, but my guess is the pressure from the hand-held shower thing sort of power washed it.

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/06/08 07:19 PM

I wash it by hand, as described above by other members. But, be careful about scrubbing too hard if your have the sandy trimmer in your wheel because the sand will come off and leave "bald" spots. Soaking the trimmer for a while before scrubbing lightly takes care of that.

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/06/08 08:08 PM

wow, you guys make it WAAAAAAAY too complicated! No wonder people don't like wodents! Every month or so, I take my cages outside, remove all fleece, etc., and spray with a hose on jet stream setting. If you do it at the right angle, the wodent starts spinning like mad and flinging nasty water everywhere. Repeat until it flings clean water. Dry. Take back inside. I hate taking mine apart, so that's how I do it. It's perfect, because I get my entire cage clean that way.

Re: Wash a Wodent - 10/06/08 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Mio
Every month or so, I take my cages outside, remove all fleece, etc., and spray with a hose on jet stream setting. If you do it at the right angle, the wodent starts spinning like mad and flinging nasty water everywhere. Repeat until it flings clean water. Dry. Take back inside.

Wow, you must have clean gliders! If I leave a Wodent in my cage for a WEEK, its totally nasty! I have to take it apart!

I always take it apart, handwash the tiny pieces & put all the big pieces in the dishwasher. I don't use the Nail O Matic anymore, but when I had them, I put those in the dishwasher too & just made sure they were dry before using them again.

I like to do it in the dishwasher because then I know its sanitized. With the hose, I can't get hot water, no matter how hard the spray is.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL