GliderCENTRAL

silent spinner?

Posted By: eterrell84

silent spinner? - 07/30/10 11:45 PM

are these okay for the gliders? just wondering, they look like they would be a more affordable alternative to a stealth (which i want the custom cruiser soooo bad) so if this would work, please let me know!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: silent spinner? - 07/30/10 11:55 PM

It works for smaller gliders like joeys, most adult gliders need a bigger wheel. Also, the ones that have the side-mount option tend to fall off the sides of cages occasionally and need constant daily checking.
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: silent spinner? - 07/31/10 12:32 AM

We have silent spinners at my house! We have the big ones, about $30 I think ~ they're as big around as the cruisers, just do not have as deep of a track to run on. But even my kids with cruisers only run one at a time.

We have had no troubles with the spinners for almost a year now. I have them side-mounted and do not let the backs get much water on them at all when hosing down cages. The backs really don't get dirty anyway. I check them about every week to make sure they are tight. I've never had to tighten mine. They are resting on the heavier cross-bar of the cage and are very sturdy.

I read reviews AFTER I got my first one and they were mixed. Alot of people said they fell apart after only a few months ~ guess I'm just lucky. They run in them ALL NIGHT LONG.

I have a few that prefer these over the cruisers shakehead My fluffy kids won't run in either! mad

I did foster a few youngins that had one of the smaller ones. The little boy would not run but the little girl worked it all night. But it was sad ~ her tail curled up and almost touched her nose cuz the wheel was so small frown

Re: silent spinner? - 07/31/10 12:39 AM

LOL, poor little girl! ok, well, i am thinking i may just hold out til i can afford the custom cruiser.... i have a wodent, but i really love the "mesh" ones and the bouncy ones are amazing!
thanks so much everyone!
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: silent spinner? - 07/31/10 01:12 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what the cruisers cost after shipping, but I'm pretty sure they're about a $40 wheel.

Our spinners were an impulse buy ~ a gift from my husband to the gliders. They were like $28 +tax bought on 2 seperate occasions.

I have a cruiser in one of my cages that they won't run on. They were 1 and 5 years old when we got them and had never had a wheel. They are the only cage in that room so they never even get to see other gliders run. We are going to try a spinner for them and see. Only beacaus I have another cage who had a cruiser and wouldn't use it. Put a dang spinner in there and away they go shakehead I think I'll add the cruiser back in 'just to see.'

But you know I'm the one with that little 4 mo. old baby who runs her cuiser TO DEATH! (video from last week) And I have 2 cruisers in my colony cage. The girls run ~ the boys watch.

But yeah, all this buying wheels just to see who likes what is getting ridiculous! Silly monkeys!

Re: silent spinner? - 07/31/10 01:47 AM

LOL yeah... i have 4 gliders in one cage and one wodent... im looking at trading for a 2nd wodent at http://sugarswap.webs.com/ !!! but now to BUY one, i will save and get the one i really want!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL