GliderCENTRAL

Did you know that

Posted By: Anonymous

Did you know that - 09/29/10 11:44 AM

you can use Grape Seed Extract (organic) to clean bird and sugar glider cages. It is a natural anti-bacterial cleaner that kills strep, staph, salmonella, candida, and e-coli better than clorox. You use 20 drops in a 32 oz. spray bottle. And you also can use the GSE for cleaning your carpets. You use 10 to 15 drops per gallon of water in your steam cleaner. Hospitals are even using this to clean their carpets and its safe. No chemicals to hurt us or our animals.

Just thought I would share if anyone wanted to try this. And you can also use the GSE to shave your legs etc. Hair does not grow back as fast. smile
Posted By: culookn

Re: Did you know that - 09/29/10 11:51 AM

Really? humm cool
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Did you know that - 09/29/10 12:09 PM

That's interesting! love the part about using it to shave your legs!

But since gliders can't have grape seeds, how would this be safe for them?

I'd love to try it if it's safe. At least for shaving and cleaning the rest of my home. Where do you get it?

Re: Did you know that - 09/29/10 12:59 PM

You can get it at any health food or grocery store. They use GSE in a lot of natural cleaners. It is diluted so much that I do not think it will harm them and plus you are wiping it off not leaving it on the cage. It is a lot safer to use especially if people also have birds.

I have cleaned my house out more since I have my bird coming home tomorrow. I did not know about a lot of the hidden dangers in almost everything we use. So just imagine what all of us and our animals are exposed to. I did not know that using my hair dryer by a bird could kill it. shakehead God what have my gliders been exposed to that I thought was ok. And my children. I have gotten rid of almost all my cleaners and I am using baking soda , vinegar, GSE, and Citra-Sol in my home for cleaners.

I used Method and 7th Generation.

Re: Did you know that - 09/29/10 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: AmyLynn

I did not know that using my hair dryer by a bird could kill it.

I didn't know that either! How does it kill birds?
Originally Posted By: AmyLynn

I used Method and 7th Generation.

What are those?
Posted By: jacknsally

Re: Did you know that - 09/29/10 02:27 PM

7th Generation is a company that makes lots of products that are naturally & organically made. They have no hazardous/toxic chemicals in their products and their products and chemicals are never tested on animals. I'm assuming Method is a similar company.

Re: Did you know that - 09/29/10 05:19 PM

Thank you!

Re: Did you know that - 09/29/10 05:38 PM

The coils in the hair dryer are coated with Teflon. Method is Targets natural earth friendly line of cleaners.
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Did you know that - 09/30/10 09:46 AM

Interesting.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL