GliderCENTRAL

Glider room construction is done!

Posted By: GliderNursery

Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 01:53 AM

Finally! dance My wonderful hubby mlove got my glider rooms done! I now have a room for my cages that is about 9'x16' and the playroom is about 9'10'. I will have lots of room to put all of my glider stuff in one room. The playroom has a small storage closet in it. I can't wait to get it all set up! jump

You have to walk into the cage room and close the door, then turn right and go into the play room. I used screen doors for added ventilation. I also have petscreen over the HVAC vent ~ just in case. Above the closet is a screened area for added airflow for extra heat in the winter(because there are hot water pipes for our outdoor wood burner in there). We put safety things in all of the electrical outlets, and he installed a flushmount 4' fluorescent light in the playroom so the gliders can't get to the bulbs, or get behind/under it. The only thing I need in there is something to go under the closet door so the gliders can't get inside of it when playing.

Cage Room

Playroom
Posted By: ozzi

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 01:57 AM

That is awesome!!!! I wish all gliders could have rooms like that angel Great job!!!

Pat
Posted By: chattrbabe

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 01:58 AM

I'm moving in baby! Make room!!! ROFL!
Posted By: SugareeErin

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 01:59 AM

That is awesome! I just finished redoing my glider room too, but I sure wish I had a separate play room and cage room! Nice job! I can't wait to see it all set up!
Posted By: gliderma

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 02:03 AM

My glider room is a spare bedroom, but it is so nice to be able to have a room devoted to them! Especially when you have as much glider stuff as I do! Looks great! Now get busy, we need pix of gliders in there! dance
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 02:05 AM

I'm jealous! My mom and I have to wait for my brother to move out before we can renovate his old room! Nice job by the way to the hubby!

~Erich

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 02:54 AM

WOW! AWESOME job! Can't wait to see pics of the glider room filled up with cages and the playroom filled up with toys!

Jen
Posted By: Feather

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 02:57 AM

Awesome rooms but I don't know if I could sleep without my babies in the room with me.

I am so used to sleeping with all the critters in the same room, parrots, gliders and the lone guinea pig.

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 03:11 AM

Very nice! I am jealous! I am looking forward to seeing the pics when you get everyone moved in!
Posted By: snowbabygliders

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 03:22 AM

congrats, looks awesome! I have a room devoted to my dart frogs, vivs and food items, and on the outside is my glider room. No play room though, yours looks amazing! kristy:)
Posted By: Nikki

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 03:26 AM

I'm helping Shelly fill the play room. I have seen this from the start to finish. Can't wait to see it this weekend.

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 03:47 AM

Whoa nice job! Can't wait to see pix of your babies playin in their new room! Super jealous! LoL

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 04:37 AM

WOW!!!! I cannot wait to see it full! haha

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 04:52 AM

That is so cool!! You are so lucky.. I have about 13 years until I will get my glider room ( that is if my kids move out when they are 18) lol. Or... I could just get the hubby to make our house bigger... lol
Posted By: anjill_tree

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 09:53 AM

That Room ROCKS!!! Filler - Up!!!
Posted By: LabNGliderMom

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 11:10 AM

The room looks great- and you might be able to go to Lowes or Home depot for one of those bottom-of-the-door guards that would keep them out of the closet in the plyroom!
Posted By: rdobbie23

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 01:49 PM

WOW if I only had that much "extra" space in the new house. We are lucky if we don't have to sit ontop of eachother. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is all set up! I am jelious! Shhh, don't let my suggies get wind of this, they will feel deprived!

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/18/09 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: LabNGliderMom
The room looks great- and you might be able to go to Lowes or Home depot for one of those bottom-of-the-door guards that would keep them out of the closet in the plyroom!
Oooh, get to go to Lowe's again!

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/20/09 02:28 AM

Here are my meager toys so far...(gotta get shopping I tell ya!)

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/20/09 02:37 AM

AWww look at them!
Posted By: IowaMisty

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/20/09 05:28 AM

Totally jealous of your new room! My gliders want to come visit! There were small hopes of a glider room for a little bit, but then my brother moved in, my husband started working at home, & soon my sister is moving in.....so there are no extra play rooms here. We have our tent though!

Misty
Posted By: Guerita135

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 06/20/09 11:59 AM

Wow! Awesome job!

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 02:53 PM

At the SGGA, I was able to get a couple of things for my glider room. My gliders absolutely LOVE going in there! I still have some things to do in there, but here it is...

Happy Tapestry hanging on the wall made by Suz

Triple Neener by Sherri (blue toy hanging)
Posted By: cryingoutloud37

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 03:00 PM

Looks great and well on it's way to becoming full. Your gliders gotta be so happy.

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 03:02 PM

Just a bit spoiled I'd say! grin But they deserve it!
Posted By: sugeebaby

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 03:17 PM

I's looking good. About time to get rid of those naked walls.
Posted By: hushpuppy

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 03:21 PM

Wow! that looks great! I love seeing pics of glider rooms.

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: sugeebaby
I's looking good. About time to get rid of those naked walls.

One more wall to go! I have the fleece, but need to do something with it, I have and idea...

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 03:38 PM

WOW I can't wait to move so I can get my glider room started!

4 more weeks!
Posted By: StitchsMom

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 03:48 PM

clap That is AWESOME!!! Don't show my gliders. They will get sooooo jealous!
Posted By: jen102375

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 05:22 PM

What kind of paneling did you use on your walls? Looks Awsome.
Posted By: vagraphix

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 06:57 PM

can my gliders come and play at your house? Great job

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/02/09 09:47 PM

BEAUTIFUL! my gliders and I are so jealous! Just one ?. I have a big 12x12 room for mine...How do you keep the walls and floors from not smelling?? Is there something special you use??

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/03/09 12:16 AM

The floor is painted concrete, so it cleans up real easy. The walls are paneling and can be wiped down; but they play on the "stuff" in the room and on the fleece on the walls. They can't climb the walls, so they aren't getting it dirty from them like cage walls get. Obviously the fleece can be taken down and washed.

So far no problems!
Posted By: Holly1221

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/03/09 08:18 PM

Shelly, what do you mean by "painted concrete" ? if it's what i think it is, you need to keep an eye on it, bc it CAN peel off !

Re: Glider room construction is done! - 08/04/09 02:08 AM

I used the paint for garage floors, so it's made for much more abuse than my gliders could ever do. (BTW - It was obviously dry and all odors of paint gone before my gliders ever went near the room. I took every precaution I could.)

I also have fleece on the floor for them to crawl across. Ultimately, I want to get floor mats ~ something a bit softer for when they jump to the floor.

Keep in mind that this is just a play room, and they are supervised when in there. For the most part, they stay up high and not so much on the floor. They have so much fun. One of these days I'll have to get video!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL