GliderCENTRAL

Birth question?

Posted By: SuggieGirl16

Birth question? - 07/27/15 12:15 AM

So today would be about the fifteenth day since my gliders mated. I am quite sure that my female is pregnant as she has been singing and paying a lot of attention to her stomach/pouch area. That being said, I know they typically give birth fifteen to seventeen days after conception. Is it safe to be taking her out the next few days, or should I just leave her in her cage. I typically take my gliders out in a bonding pouch during the day with me when I run errands, shop, or whatever. Should I not be doing that this week, or for the rest of the the time the joeys are in pouch? (I obviously won't be taking her anywhere when the joeys come oop) I'm quite new to this and I don't really know what is okay or what is not okay. And I would rather be on the safe side and ask rather than just guess. Thanks everyone! smile
Posted By: LSardou

Re: Birth question? - 07/28/15 04:26 PM

If your little one is comfortable with you, taking her out for short periods will not be a problem. It's good to maintain the schedule/routine with them as much as possible.

You should avoid stressful situations, loud noises etc. Once the joeys have attached to moms nipple, they can withstand more than what we realize. Use your best judgment.

For more information, you will find tons of helpful information on the following web link. Suz Sugar Gliders Breeding & Babies

Congratulations and Good Luck.
Posted By: SuggieGirl16

Re: Birth question? - 07/28/15 06:40 PM

Thanks for the info! Yes, she is very comfortable with me, we are pretty close. That being said I decided that I think it is best if we both just stay home for the next few days. I figure that by about the 20th, if she was pregnant she would have given birth and the joeys would be in the pouch. We'll resume our regular activities after that smile Thanks again for the help!!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Birth question? - 07/28/15 11:01 PM

Linda gave you good advice. I typically do not change what I normally do with them. So if I normally carry them they come along.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL