GliderCENTRAL

TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE?

Posted By: MichelleF

TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/02/15 04:37 PM

I have twin joeys that were oop August 19. They were both 10 grams at that time. Now one is 24 grams and the other is 18 grams. Should I start supplementing the smaller one. She is tiny all over. The mom is always holding the bigger one and the smaller one is always laying to the side in a ball.
Posted By: Feather

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 01:06 AM

You could try supplement feeding her and putting her back with mom and dad.

Have you increased momma and daddy's food? I always add another serving of everything.

Go to Suz's sugar glider site she has a lot of good information on raising joeys.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 02:12 AM

Yes I have increased their food quite a bit. But one joey is growing and the other is not.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 02:13 PM

Here is Suz's Sugar Gliders Link with all the information you should need to help with your little one.

Please keep us posted on how he/she is doing.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 10:06 PM

I started supplementing the little joey today. She was a little dehydrated today to. I weighed the joeys again today and the big one is 28 grams now and the little one is still only 18 grams.

I also have another joey that was oop August 27 and he was 18 grams. I weighed him today and he is 16 grams. What should I do about that.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 10:20 PM

Did this same mom have triplets? If so, you need to supplement the two smaller ones.

ETA: I reread your original post and suppose they do have different moms.

You need to explain more about this third joey, please.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 10:43 PM

The third joey was oop August 27. He weighed 18 grams. I weighed him today and he weighs 16 grams. He has a different mom than the other two. Should I give him a couple more days and weigh him again or should I start to supplement him too. He looks really healthy.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 10:46 PM

If he is her only joey, you might try to supplement him a little. Check to see if he is dehydrated. Have you looked over Suz's page about supplementing joeys?

Are the dads in with both these moms?

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 10:53 PM

Yes I have read Suz page. It was very helpful. Yes the dads are in with the moms in both cages.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/03/15 10:55 PM

Yes he is the only joey in that cage but I think she has another joey in the pouch too now.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/04/15 06:43 PM

Make sure you increase the food you are giving to Mom and Dad. It is very possible that both females are pregnant again. Glider usually go into heat on the day that their joeys come OOP.

Therefore in 16 days they will have more joeys drop IP and they will still be nursing the older joeys.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/06/15 11:05 PM

Just wanted to update you on the little twin sugar glider joey. Im not sure what happened but when I got up this morning she had passed away. I feel so bad for her. I cried just about all day today.

Re: TWIN JOEYS. DO I NEED TO SUPPLEMENT ONE? - 09/06/15 11:58 PM

I am very sorry to hear this.

It is possible that there was something wrong with the joey and that is why it didn't survive and was smaller than the other one.

Glide Free Little Angel.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL