GliderCENTRAL

Single baby

Posted By: Aqua

Single baby - 01/12/16 07:08 PM

This is the first time my little girl has had a single pregnancy. I was a little worried that one baby would not stay as warm while mom is out of the pouch etc. I was wondering if this baby could also be staying in pouch longer. I know it has to have come OOP by now but everytime I check the baby is in pouch. It looks like it's moving around in there but maybe with more room she is letting this one stay in there longer?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Single baby - 01/12/16 08:30 PM

Where is the father of this joey. He babysits the joey once the joey is OOP. I have never had any problems with single joeys.

Re: Single baby - 01/13/16 04:33 PM

The father is in with her, but they don't always do a great job of staying in there. The last litter they had, there was an older joey in with them still. They seemed to do really well with that.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Single baby - 01/13/16 07:24 PM

Keep an eye on them, maybe dad will take better care of the singleton than he did with the twins.

Re: Single baby - 01/18/16 03:22 AM

The little one is OOP as of last night. They seem to be pretty good so far at staying in the pouch. I usually have to watch after 2-3 weeks when they start adventuring out more. I will definitely keep a close eye. I do have things ready in case they have trouble. If I ever find him out of their pouch alone I will feed him and warm him before returning him to the pouch. That was a hard lesson.
© 2019 GliderCENTRAL