GliderCENTRAL

how to find the best breeder to work with to adopt a new baby

Posted By: Zaarae

how to find the best breeder to work with to adopt a new baby - 01/28/16 11:27 PM

I have been in contact with 1 breeder near me. However they have not been the best communicator and has said they have a long waiting list but then at another time said it's just a few people. The breeder I choose I want to be able to trust and build a relationship with for future needs. I am not willing to pay the price of a glider without knowing about where they came from. What they've been fed, how they have been handled, ect. I am new to sugar gliders and I want to learn.if it means I drive awhile to boarding states okay with that.

Re: how to find the best breeder to work with to adopt a new baby - 01/28/16 11:29 PM

Oh wow. Sorry about my typing I'm on my phone and it sometimes glitches.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: how to find the best breeder to work with to adopt a new baby - 01/29/16 12:47 AM

Don't overlook breeders who will ship. There are several who are wonderful to work with who ship.

Breeders who ship listed on our database

Re: how to find the best breeder to work with to adopt a new baby - 01/29/16 04:14 AM

Idk about shipping I would rather drive and meet them. I am not saying any of them are or do, but how can I know they treat their animals well unless I meet them and see the environment.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: how to find the best breeder to work with to adopt a new baby - 01/29/16 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Zaarae
Idk about shipping I would rather drive and meet them. I am not saying any of them are or do, but how can I know they treat their animals well unless I meet them and see the environment.

You can ask for personal recommendations or ask if any of us have personal recommendations.
Posted By: Feather

Re: how to find the best breeder to work with to adopt a new baby - 01/29/16 11:56 PM

There are a lot of reputable breeders that ship.

If your in doubt ask us here about a specific breeder and someone may be able to share their experience with that breeder.
© 2019 GliderCENTRAL