GliderCENTRAL

Deejo is pregnant

Posted By: Craig

Deejo is pregnant - 03/19/16 07:57 PM

So I'm thinking my little girl Deejo is pregnant right now and I'm just wondering if I will have to at anytime hand-feed the joey or can the mother feed it all by herself as long as I keep a close eye on them ? also any advice would be great, I'm reading everything I can on all the threads I can find but it is still a bit scary because I don't want anything to go wrong for the joey or the mother and I was not planning this but l will say I am super excited and have the room and resources to look after it and I was planning on trying to add another Glider to this little family soon so if I can breed and have one that way that will be amazing.

Re: Deejo is pregnant - 03/19/16 10:34 PM

Also I forgot to ask about pouches, I have two pouches in the cage at all times and a large 3 tier hammock thing that works as a pouch tower in a way and all at different heights to offer them lots of choice, I was reading that this could be bad and the mother could leave the joey alone in one so should I remove all now and leave the cage quite bare until I know it is okay.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: Deejo is pregnant - 03/20/16 06:23 AM

This web page will answer most of your questions about breeding and care of the joeys. You should not need to feed the joey unless it is rejected - then it becomes an around the clock job to feed the joey and keep it warm.

http://www.suzsugargliders.com/educationalarticles.htm

Re: Deejo is pregnant - 03/21/16 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: CandyOtte
This web page will answer most of your questions about breeding and care of the joeys. You should not need to feed the joey unless it is rejected - then it becomes an around the clock job to feed the joey and keep it warm.

http://www.suzsugargliders.com/educationalarticles.htm

Thank you for the help, are Joey's regularly rejected or is it not that common ? also could you take a look at this pic and tell me what you think that is at her pouch, I'm worried in case it's not a joey and she is hurt in some way.

© 2024 GliderCENTRAL