GliderCENTRAL

Newby

Posted By: Safari

Newby - 03/22/17 03:11 AM

Hi everyone, I'm totally new to these incredible little babies.we are interested in adopting one. We live in Apex, NC any advice as to where to get a little suggie. We are game rangers from South Africa living in the States now 😀
Posted By: TwoDog

Re: Newby - 03/22/17 12:46 PM

Hey welcome to the sugar-madness. Wow what cool jobs! You must have some great stories. We hope to hear them.

You can sometimes find joeys on Craigslist for adoption.
This site has a "Rescue Me" section...as well as ads for "new" joeys.

And there are breeders of course. Important to get good genetics--there are plenty of unethical mill type breeders out there. Leverage off this site for people's experiences with different breeders.

Don't limit yourself to your local market. Many breeders ship via the airlines. You would pick them up at the airport. It's actually very safe for them.

Also...you don't want one...you want at least two. They are worlds happier in pairs. It's the difference between "Castaway" and "Blue Lagoon"

You came to the right place...this site has all the info you could want--and great people to advise.

Happy Glider-ing!
Posted By: Takaia

Re: Newby - 03/22/17 05:24 PM

Rescuing gliders can be very rewarding, but getting it from a good breeder is super nice because, in my one experience, they're already tame and very handlable. The one I rescued still would prefer not to be handled, 7 years later, though she doesn't necessarily mind it anymore.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Newby - 03/22/17 05:45 PM

If you click on the word breeders it will take you to the database of breeders.

Welcome to GliderCENTRAL!

Re: Newby - 03/23/17 09:34 PM

Thank you so much, yep so many stories and adventures being a game ranger and very close encounters with death too! So excited about getting little babies! We will be sure to check things out properly before we get them and yes I think we will get two. I was going to show you a pic of my African babies but I can not see how to upload the pictures

Re: Newby - 03/23/17 09:37 PM

I was concerned about that there is someone who has an eight month old. Her work schedule changed and she has no time left with the little one, how hard is it for them to get used to you at that age?

Re: Newby - 03/23/17 10:20 PM

Thank you smile
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Newby - 03/23/17 10:28 PM

How to Add Pics to Posts

Personally I think using Photobucket is the easiest.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Newby - 03/24/17 02:48 AM

:welcomegc:

Re: Newby - 03/24/17 08:18 PM

Thanks 😀
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL