GliderCENTRAL

Help With Genetics

Posted By: AlyCatz

Help With Genetics - 01/03/18 09:02 PM

Would anybody like to email back and forth on genetics? I need a "teacher" that won't mind assisting me on genetics and hets. A person that won't mind random emails and questions that may seem obvious. That won't mind taking time explaining things to me and making sure I have the proper information. I think this method may be way easier for me to learn rather than reading up online. I've been getting stuck on scientific explanations and how people word their answers, so I need somebody to answer questions I have in easier terms and won't mind being patient with me. I want to get it right!
I'm not saying the volunteer has to sit at their computer and reply ASAP or that we have a "class session" for so long each day. I just want to have somebody I can email when I get stuck. They can certainly take their time!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Help With Genetics - 01/04/18 02:37 PM

AlyCatz,

Why don't you ask these questions of the breeder that you got your pair from. Priscilla has been breeding for a long time and she does have all the colors.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Help With Genetics - 01/04/18 03:58 PM

Aly,. It sounds like you are looking for a "mentor". Kim's idea to contact the breeder you're getting joeys from is a good place to start. Maybe they can lead you to a source for that if they can't personally do so.

I know nothing about breeding, so can't actually help you. Wish you luck in finding the support you're looking for.
Posted By: hwh4ev

Re: Help With Genetics - 03/07/18 10:39 PM

Try http//www.glidernursery.com/
Shelly Sterk has good info on gliders.
Posted By: AlyCatz

Re: Help With Genetics - 03/12/18 08:18 PM

I looked at her website a while back, but I'm honestly still confused. I'm going to continue with my research and message my breeder about it since she says she doesn't mind teaching me how things work. c:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL