GliderCENTRAL

I’m so sorry if I’m annoying just one more question

Posted By: Gliderlove87

I’m so sorry if I’m annoying just one more question - 10/30/19 02:17 AM

My so called standard grey plat het female has white whiskers on one side of her face but no other non-standard white on her (her mother was a mosaic dad was platinum) maybe it’s a stupid thing to ask but can standard greys have white whiskers or would she be a mosaic? Just noticed them she is 10 months old I don’t mean to bother anyone or ask stupid questions but I’m learning about how all the colors work and it’s very limited on looking specifics up so I’m sorry if I’m a bother
Posted By: Xeno

Re: I’m so sorry if I’m annoying just one more question - 10/31/19 02:09 AM

No idea, I found that my mosaic is beginning to lose her coloration a bit as she ages. She is becoming more like her leucristic sister but I doubt it will ever fade away entirely. I would not worry too much about whisker coloration.
Posted By: Gliderlove87

Re: I’m so sorry if I’m annoying just one more question - 10/31/19 09:24 AM

Thank you xeno That’s interesting yours is losing her color ,maybe she is turning into a graying old lady like us humans do I know I’m starting to find more and more grey on my aging head 😩😆
Posted By: Xeno

Re: I’m so sorry if I’m annoying just one more question - 11/19/19 12:12 AM

I do not think it is age. She is only a year old, not even a full adult. At least she is not like me. My hair is thinning so I just shave it. I think it is just fading due to genetics. She was strongly mosaic as a baby but is fading towards cremeino. Making it harder to tell my two girls apart in dim light but I can usually tell by behavior now.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL