GliderCENTRAL

Rejected Joey Quick Reference and contact #

Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Rejected Joey Quick Reference and contact # - 05/30/08 10:14 AM

I was recently writing out a "cheat sheet" of how to deal with a rejected joey... I came up with a good "Quick Reference Guide" and decided to post it on my site for easy access in times of emergency. If you are breeding, you may want to bookmark this page smile
Help For Rejected Joeys

3/10/09 - Edited to Add:
Originally Posted By: sugarglidersuz
If you are breeding gliders at all, please make sure you are familiar with ALL of these symptoms...
Symptoms of Rejection include, but are not limited to:
o Joey found left alone in nest by both parents for more than 10-15 minutes at a time
o Joey crying a lot with neither parent responding to the joey's cries
o Joey trying to crawl out of the nesting area (before 4-5 weeks out of pouch)
o Joey found alone and cold outside of the nesting area
o Joey found alone in a different nesting area from where parents are located
o Joey found on cage bottom
o Joey found dehydrated
o Joey found with bite and/or scratch marks anywhere on body or face
Posted By: suggiemom1980

For rejected joey help: call suggiemom_1980 - 12/16/10 11:50 PM

Suz is not able to take or respond to calls at this time. On her voicemail, she instructs people to not leave a message, but to call me, Connie Small (suggiemom_1980).

My numbers are listed in my signature. My cell phone is on 24/7. I always have it with me and I do have text messaging. I am usually home during the day, so call my house phone. If I don't answer either phone for some reason, leave a voice mail and I will call you back ASAP.

Please don't forget to also check Suz's site for valuable information on joeys, from how to tell if a joey has been rejected to how to hand raise a rejected joey.
Hand raising rejected joeys
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL