GliderCENTRAL

If you could go back in time...

Posted By: TwoDog

If you could go back in time... - 12/29/15 05:06 AM

Hey all!
Can't stop reading...can't wait to get a cage set up...

As I try to absorb everything, my idea of how my sugar glider journey will begin, is changing some.
I started out thinking of getting 4 to start with, and possibly breeding.
Now I think it is going to be two, and no breeding. <snip!>
Changing the plan as I learn more.

So here is my question: If you could go back in time to where you were about to get your first gliders--what would you do differently? Different gliders? Adoption vs Breeding? One cage or another? One diet or another? If you could go back in time and do it over...what would you change?

Thanks for looking!
Dave
Posted By: Feather

Re: If you could go back in time... - 12/30/15 03:47 AM

My first gliders were all rescues. I didn't get my first lineaged glider until I had gliders for about 18 months. They came her mate.

I don't know if I would change anything as to how I got started in gliders. Except that I wish I wouldn't have talked myself out of them in 2003. I have made a lot of great friends from having gliders.
Posted By: CandyOtte

Re: If you could go back in time... - 12/30/15 03:41 PM

My biggest mistake was buying a cage that was way too small - then replacing it with one of the flimsy flight cages with the slide up doors that would not allow a wheel to be put into the cage without taking the cage apart.

I wish I had known to buy a sturdy, large cage in the first place - which actually cost no more than what I spent (combined) on the first two cages.
Posted By: Erica111412

Re: If you could go back in time... - 01/28/16 06:30 PM

The cage sounds like a great response. That a investement within itself. I would make sure im happy with what i got there
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL