GliderCENTRAL

Rogue Sugar Glider!

Posted By: Bdj1973

Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/07/16 11:05 PM

I brought my Suggie to work with me whilst being on call for a couple of days at the hospital! Long story short he is loose on a floor that Is used for offices and call rooms.. Yes I took precautions, but he wiggled under a closed door, that was blocked with a blanket, And come Monday morning a.m. this place will be crawling whith females! And I am sure there has to be rat poison out there somewhere! And I would surely loose my job, if he was found by them Dead or alive! I have only had him for 3 weeks! He was a year old rescue the breeder had, that I bought instead of a baby..., Anyway how good is their smell? As all the office doors are closed.. And locked! Thus what ever I bait him will be behind a closed door with a crack at the bottom. Thank goodness there are only like 8 doors out of 20 he could have crawled under, including mine! And what is the best thing to bait him with.. I have not had him long enough to have very much insight within the realm of a Sugar Gliders favorite food preferences. Please help me! Fast!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/07/16 11:24 PM

Canned chicken, drain it and rinse it well.

I would make sure there is no open water in any of the rooms and start searching one room at a time.

As you eliminate a room, put something he can't move under the door so he can't back track on you.

Guess you have your work cut out for you, take his sleeping pouch that smells like him, that will help.

Good Luck,

Re: Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/07/16 11:27 PM

Oh, keep us apprised of your progress catching this little AWOL critter.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/08/16 01:15 AM

Feather has given you great info, mine like grapes, dark places, shoes, and anything with their smell on it. Think tree climber. He may be high.
And please keep us posted.
Posted By: Bdj1973

Re: Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/08/16 05:34 AM

I got the little bugger, it really was luck. He was all the way over on the opposite hall than from where my room is! I took an ear of corn and smeared juice in a a trail to a cardboard box on each side of the unit. On my 1 a.m. rounding, the box had shifted and as I ran to it he stuck is little nose out, and tried to make a run for it! But I was faster than he was! Lol.. Must of been that full belly of his, as I put an extra scoop of his food in the box!
Whew that was a close one!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/08/16 10:51 AM

That's great glad you found him! I can see where corn on the cob would be a great bait!

I have one that likes to play hide and seek. We are bonded, but she likes to hide, and if I take too long to find her, she will bark... unless she takes a nap first.

Re: Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/08/16 02:48 PM

Great News!
Posted By: LSinc

Re: Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/08/16 07:33 PM

Thanks Goodness you got him! Apparently, I forgot to latch the cage door last night and the little rascals got out. 1am my 23 year old, her friend and my 20 year old daughter and her boyfriend were trying to catch Roo. Nigel was easy since he is used to being hand held. Roo is a very active glider and her favorite thing to do is hide. It only took them 30 minutes which is record breaking.

Needless to say, they are safe and none of the kids got bitten. :willy:

Roo :grey:

Sir Nigel Thornberry :grey:
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Rogue Sugar Glider! - 05/09/16 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: LSinc
Thanks Goodness you got him! Apparently, I forgot to latch the cage door last night and the little rascals got out.

Needless to say, they are safe and none of the kids got bitten. :willy:

Roo :grey:

Sir Nigel Thornberry :grey:

Glad all the little escapees are safe and sound :yes:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL