GliderCENTRAL

Losing Control.....

Posted By: TwoDog

Losing Control..... - 10/23/16 10:41 AM

Hey all!
Been dragging [censored] for some reason lately. Get tired quick and fall asleep early. Don't sleep much because I keep waking up from the cold...

Problem is, I have been falling asleep without getting them back into the cage.

4:20am

Even the dogs don't know where they are. I know they are here. But not where.

Three hours ago they were chasing the dogs around in circles over my not-quite sleeping head, so I know they are safe, and our bond is strong.
From a half-asleep state I can slide my hand out from under the covers and scratch at the bed covers with my fingers--and within a few seconds, my hand is getting a suggie-bath. So they are sticking close, and reacting to me positively...

I really need to crack down now though on the IN the CAGE rules though, because Frisby is getting close to term.

Got to see inside her pouch for the first time! The babies are getting big! I think we must have...three weeks to go.

That's good because hopefully we will be in Arizona by then...should be a little easier to keep out the cold.

Any members here from Arizona?
Posted By: Feather

Re: Losing Control..... - 10/23/16 03:51 PM

You are right, get them back in their cage before you drift off.

Hopefully you will get to warmer weather soon.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Losing Control..... - 10/23/16 03:52 PM

I know about this bond you have. I had it with my first glider Charlie who would curl up in the crook of my neck to sleep at night until the the unthinkable happened .

I wrote that story sixteen years ago, and I still cannot read it without tears in my eyes.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Losing Control..... - 10/25/16 05:16 PM

Thank you for sharing your story Karen. I can understand why it is hard to read... So sorry about Charlie...

I have a snuggler too and I am constantly having to remove Fiona from her favorite snuggle spot when she's with me. In my arm pit... While doing light housework of all times... She sleeps and hangs on to the inside of my shirt. Our compromise is in the hoodie. I know where she is and I can feel her move, be it a shift, a scratch, or grooming... We don't take daytime naps together anymore either. She likes to sleep under my pillow... Next to my hand... it seems like we know what we are doing and want to be near them, but it's not worth the risk. Nothing happened to Fiona BTW, I just moved and I got startled awake because she was there...
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Losing Control..... - 10/26/16 04:16 PM

Originally Posted By: KarenE
I know about this bond you have. I had it with my first glider Charlie who would curl up in the crook of my neck to sleep at night until the the unthinkable happened .

I wrote that story sixteen years ago, and I still cannot read it without tears in my eyes.

cry :hbreak: cry

Note to self: if sleepy, sit with gliders in the recliner ONLY!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Losing Control..... - 10/26/16 06:00 PM

Thank you both.

The problem with gliders who have a truly strong bond is they want to be very close to you. Sometimes they can squeeze so close you would never dream they could squeeze into a place that small (just like squeezing out of their cages). One turn of our body, and they are trapped with tragic consequences.

My advice - 1)if you are sleepy, put them in their cage 2) never ever give your glider/s free roaming regardless of how glider proof you think your home is shakehead If is only a matter of time before something happens. Trust me on this one.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL