GliderCENTRAL

Pet sitters in my area?

Posted By: FunInTheSun

Pet sitters in my area? - 04/16/17 10:04 PM

Does anyone happen to know of a pet sitter company or person who has experience with sugar gliders in the Kansas City area? I'm leaving town for a wedding and want to leave my gliders with someone who is comfortable with caring for them, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding someone willing to watch them because everyone I've found isn't familiar with them at all!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Pet sitters in my area? - 04/17/17 01:09 AM

I make up their plates of food ahead of time and label them as to what cage they go in, I have a sitter twice a week because of my work, she comes in and removes the plates at around 3:30 and puts the new ones in before they wake up.

I do the same for vacations. If your only gone a couple days this will work for you. Contact your local 4H office to get a list of local leaders who will find you a responsible teenager.
Posted By: HieronymusBunch

Re: Pet sitters in my area? - 04/17/17 04:58 AM

Did you find someone to help out? When is the date you need a sitter? I actually live in Des Moines (3hrs north) but will be making a trip down soon.
Posted By: FunInTheSun

Re: Pet sitters in my area? - 04/19/17 04:20 AM

I didn't find anyone yet but have a couple numbers a local veterinary clinic gave me. They haven't gotten back to me yet, though. That's funny you live in Iowa, I lived in Ames for 10 years! I went to school there and then just stayed a little longer because I got comfortable. When will you be in town?
Posted By: HieronymusBunch

Re: Pet sitters in my area? - 05/09/17 05:24 PM

Sorry for the late reply! I'm new at this site and believe this, couldn't figure out where I posted lol. I finally found you!

We came down to the KC area last weekend. I do make trips down to see my family pretty often. I bring my gliders with me and put them in a pop up dog tent. I have 2 females and a male that I'm currently breeding. I love how they all have their own personalities! So much fun!

I've lived in Des Moines for 12 years now. I like it but the winters are yucky and dreary.

Do you know when you will need a sitter, I can always make plans to come down or meet you halfway.
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL