GliderCENTRAL

Round 3 the swelling starts

Posted By: mechnut450

Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/08/17 11:38 AM

I figure i better start a new round since my second round is over 134 post.

I start this round of with the mental image of a Glider trying to climbing in my pants for you. lol I spent some time with the Trio and actually had fun with them ( finally can show off and they not crabbing.) I had to stop at the local pet store and grab a couple mice for the smaller snakes to snack on. I was able to show them off to a couple curious kids, One of (my ) kids jumps off me runs over to the one kid's shoe peed on it and ran back to me going up my pant leg. between the laughing, my pants moving on their own and the squirming I was doing you think I had a ferret or a Rottweiler attacking me. Well after 3 minutes and a quick trip to their bathroom to retrieve the child. The parents of the child were more worried that the glider might of gotten injured plopping on the floor than their child shoes. On the other zoo Kahless is doing good watching anyone as they go near his cage. I got to work with him more and figure out which colony he will be meeting. Still (debating/thinking) of how to cause the next gen of gliders to happen lol..

Vino actually has come to me from across the cage at least 3 times now I am so happy he adjusting great to his new life with us and I not seen a seizure in a few months and that with cage changes ( mainly clean pouches and such)
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/08/17 12:18 PM

:roflmao2:

It's a good thing you didn't dance

But I'm sure your kids had fun! :hdance:

Oh happy day! jump

Thanks for giving me a smile today!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/14/17 02:44 PM

I took time this morning to say high to all the kids, and pulled kahless out of his cage and proceeded to rub his head,belly,and back with one finger as I held him and he crabbed in the pouch for a while. he slowed up and between crabs you can hear the happy beeps he was making, I think he enjoying the attention and loves or could been the dried papaya he was holding on to as I gave him the attention.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/15/17 10:17 PM

Oh well, dried papaya or not, it's a start! Lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/17/17 01:20 PM

some concerning news today, We seen blood on vino's fish snacks the last couple times we given him a treat,( most treats never needed that kind of chewing effort.) We thinking that his improper diet will be found the cause of this and may result in some teeth being removed. Oh not a good day for my boy I got to schedule this appointment and want to do so so if he needs doing he can be done that morning and I can him ( and hoping Kahless back home after neutering all the same day since it house rule no breeding goes on here,( which sucks I wanted to at least have a hand in the next Gen of Tucker clan lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/18/17 12:45 AM

Sorry to hear, poor guy! Please keep us posted on how Vino is doing.

Hope all things go well with both Vino and Kahless.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/20/17 02:27 PM

Gliders can cartwheel lol Kahless was running in his little wheel a couple nights ago and went to jump onto the cage, just happened I had open the door to put his food in while he was running. He goes cartwheeling out the cage to hit the wall and proceeds to run around and down the steps and into downstairs bathroom with a splash. He panic and climbed onto my wife then started to bounce around again in bathroom I just yetvatcher to close the lid and then we will caught him. So after his Buick dunk and a proper bath to make sure he was chemical free we troweled him down and placed him back in the cage and a few treats later he was happy lucky for him out upstairs is warmer than rest of house plus he got to crab at us all he wanted. And by this morning back to his normal self.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/20/17 09:06 PM

Glad to hear it ended well!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 09/19/17 04:31 PM

So I small rant and recent update ( thanks to my wife ) This weekend while i Was at work She reposed my trio up for adoption and they were pickup before I got off work Saturday. I was only told this about an hour before the lady got there and picked them up. I was mainly upset cause she didn't ask me if i wanted to keep Elda or anything. I was more-less told here the 200 I got for them cage and all. I know she didn't want the pair from the school to stay cause they didn't get along with anyone plus I was told they were staying from the get go once the surgery was over. I never argued with her about it but I was really upset she did so behind my back and I didn't get to say goodbye. Outside the hole she tore in my heart I know I can get over it. and once i can get her phone I shall contact the lady if my wife not erased the number and request updates on them. I will also be letting my wife know that she does a stunt like this again I shall just take my next x paychecks and repurchase myself a breeding group.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 09/20/17 12:48 AM

I'm sure that was upsetting, but don't be too hard on her. Just ask her for the contact info so you can get updates on them, I'm sure she'll give it to you.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 09/20/17 02:05 PM

oh I will get it I going to grab the info once she showering this morning.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/05/17 12:54 AM

Well Kahless is part of my Horde ( what we refer to the colony he living with) They are on Camera to lol, i have a Security camera on their cage ( for a while now) plus the other 2 outside that can be viewed remotely. We are off for the weekend to the sunshine state ( if it not raining) for a wedding and hopefully a little down time. While a friend watches and feed the kids while we are gone.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/05/17 02:15 AM

Enjoy your trip! Travel safe and fingers crossed for great weather.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/11/17 09:14 PM

great trip i came home and relaxed after getting my truck back(it needed some work while i was down. Kids little mad but they ok. i got to install my water blocks to my pc and realized ordered the wrong fittings (took larger hoses) but i replaced all my hoses anyway so i jut have 2 types of sizes.but hey it running no leaks I might have to turn this into a side hobby lol if i know enough people lol .
My wife got a lot of stuff I got a few things ( most my stuff was larger ticket items lol.( like a necklace for her.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/11/17 11:22 PM

Glad to hear all went well!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/13/17 07:01 AM

Sounds like you had a great trip! Glad all went well! smile

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/19/17 01:55 PM

Well We settle down from vacation and the mad rush to get caught up ( for me ) with non work stuff so Vino and Sterling( cause wife still worried that only one upper tooth in front and both bottom teeth he might be biting his gum a little) have their vet appointment.

I am not sure if Vino weight lose ( which right now is a good thing) is due too tooth issues or lack of all the junk food he use to get at previous owner has help him lose weight)the boy can jump again ( not great distance ) but more than 2 ft so far. He still scary cat and even in my shirt pocket this morning he shivering like he had the poop scared out of him.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/28/17 12:52 PM

So vet report lol. Vino and Sterling will be going back in for dental and some removals.
Vino mainly to see where the bleeding coming from when he chewing on snacks and if needed removals.
Sterling will have more teeth removed since the removal of one tooth has shifted his bite some and now the bottom teeth are now hitting the gum. Also verified that he has gone blind since he came here( had poor eyesight when came but it gotten worse.) We figure he had and knew it was a possible outcome of him being a cremino. Due to the fact he was not bother by the lights and he would go to grab anything that brushed his whiskers and bite first.

Freya ( who we took along to be Vino support buddy) remembered her vet visit and once in the room bolted down my shirt( I had a tanktop style on and outer shirt) and just stayed there and shook until we left.

Future plans are to schedule the Dental visits( looking at After holidays due to the number of appointments they have for shots since it will be boarding season) and pamper them all(as always)

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/29/17 01:14 AM

Wishing all goes well!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/30/17 03:07 PM

Thanks Terry. Sadly Vino had a seizure this morning, He doing ok now but he took a hard fall from the pouch during it. I had gone to retrieve my phone i had left at work.
My wife calls me once I text i had it. He was hanging on the side of the pouch peeing and just in a daze as she open the door and went to touch him he started actively seizing and before she could grab for him fell to the cage bottom. seizing. after about 20-30 seconds he stopped and she held him and kept him warm until I got home. as he came around we do like we normally do when we caught him having these attacks and calmly talk to him and rein-sure he ok and give him plenty of love and treats. I actually kept him in my shirt sleeve for over 2 hours this morning and just now putting him back. He was back to his normal self and actually was popping in contentment while in my shirt.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 10/30/17 06:37 PM

I'm glad here Vino is OK from his fall, and he had cuddle time with you!

It was good thing wife was there to check on the gliders and got to him right away.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 11/21/17 10:35 PM

I am going to make a quick rant and a warning to other if offered stuff.

I came in ot work Friday and someone seen my glider stickers on the truck. We chatted for a few as they loaded his Fridge on and the son( friend (who ever) strapped it in place. Well they offered me their old pockepet cage as their glider died during the summer and it been sitting by the shed since. I figure hey if I cant use it I knew of other who could. ( wildlife rescue person loves them for squirrel transportation)
SO I said sure just place it in my truck as I might be busy with a customer.. About an hour later I see them come back and get the other piece since both items didn't fit in the truck, and as i walk by the door i can see the cage with a bag on top in my truck bed. Skip ahead about 3 hours. I go out on my lunch break and check the bag figuring it cool enough that i didn't need to refrigerate anything right away. (it about 46 Degrees and windy) I sit in the truck for a second making a note to self the pouch needs to be tossed as it was a mess and full of pine needles. I sat down and there a note in the top of the bag. AS I read it my jaw sitting on the floor and I get the most horrible feeling ever. Rushing to the cage and in that ragy old pouch full of pine needles was the most shivering scared and cold glider I ever seen. if not for how fat he was ( guess being fed a wild bird food mix full of high in fat seed and nuts saved him) I snatched up my spare pouch in the truck ( always keep one lol) and grab him pluck him in the pouch and into the break room I ran( yes I ran) I didn't care he was panicking and biting my hand. I took a pic and sent my wife of the note and she flips out on me accusing me of having a co worker writing it and I had planned to pick this glider up. Heated arguments and threats later Margaret Biddle a local glider slave I started is called and now caring for the little guy. I am more upset that i was accused of having another person writing the letter than I was over him being left in the cage without a heads up.

My warning to all is to always keep a spare pouch and cage ready encase it needed. I shocked this little guy survived 3-4 hours in the cold wind and who knows how long he had pine needles as bedding.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 11/21/17 11:50 PM

What the... tant

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 11/22/17 01:54 AM

upset I'm sorry Terry, I'm glad you found him when you did and were able to find someone to care for the poor thing.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 11/27/17 04:17 PM

It is unimaginable what some people are capable of doing to animals without a second thought they are living breathing feeling creatures.

That's the nicest thing I can type about them right now. Board Rules will not let me type what is in my head shakehead

This was truly a miracle that you were there to rescue this precious little one.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 11/28/17 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: KarenE
It is unimaginable what some people are capable of doing to animals without a second thought they are living breathing feeling creatures.

That's the nicest thing I can type about them right now. Board Rules will not let me type what is in my head shakehead

This was truly a miracle that you were there to rescue this precious little one.

Ditto...

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 11/29/17 01:47 PM

Still upset over how he was dumped and irked with my wife over thinking i write a fake note to get him. but he happy with our friend and is being spoiled like mad.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 11/29/17 03:10 PM

I understand. smile Will you be able to keep us posted on this little guy once in awhile? I'd like to know how he's doing.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 11/29/17 07:27 PM

Me too!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/01/17 02:33 AM

Hey Terry, did you all get the earthquake where you live? I hope you are all well.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/01/17 12:00 PM

it was off the coast in DE bay they saying . we didn't feel it cause was in movies and had a lot of explosions plus the big comfy chairs lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/02/17 02:08 AM

Glad to hear! I didn't feel anything either, but hearing about a lot of people here in some places in MD felt it. Some people not that far from where I live or work.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/08/17 12:20 PM

I have fun report this trip lol. I have drywall replace and working on spackling of drywall compound started.( this was last week and spent 2 days teaching myself).

This morning, wife had to go in early to work. and Freya was waiting at the cage door to be picked up and giving her morning loves ( instead of me waking them up at 9 am lol) and I took her into the bathroom to stretch a little and she jumped back to me from shower rod and the towel rack multiply times and was beeping happily ( wife saying not to have her in there cause she was going to jump on her in the shower and get wet lol..

Took my wife outlast night for our 5year anny to a romantic dinner and then came home watch the Cobbler, before going to bed, A hour later I am on couch cause having leg spaz and didn't want to wake her up. It a pain trying to crawl down steps with your legs bouncing around like they are being tazed.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/08/17 01:45 PM

Happy anniversary!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/18/17 06:32 PM

We still kicking between a cold and injuring my back (yet again) I been slow to get stuff done. My days at the Bestbuy outlet are few (they are closing the location I am at since they didnt want to renew the property lease.) I am waiting to hear which store I shat end up we are being transferred to full bestbuy once we are closed at the outlet.

Working hard as I can to try and get stuff caught up and a projects done. I am also trying to find some xmas surprise for my wife and the kids.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/18/17 07:27 PM

I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling well...

I know how you can make some extra cash... If you have time. I'll PM you! smile

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/18/17 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: mechnut450
We still kicking between a cold and injuring my back (yet again)
I can sympathize, I damaged a disc my 2nd deployment. Take care of yourself, man! Nothing is worse than being couch-bound when your family is celebrating around you.

Working hard as I can to try and get stuff caught up and a projects done. I am also trying to find some xmas surprise for my wife and the kids.
Good luck, I hope your plans work out! Hang with your furballs, they have superior healing properties that you are only able to absorb through direct playtime.

Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
I know how you can make some extra cash... If you have time. I'll PM you! smile
Dawn being absolutely fantastic again!! heart

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/19/17 12:57 AM

Sorry to hear that Terry, hope your back heals quickly and the cold too.

I agree with Hutch on the suggies healing powers, at the least they give you a needed mental break from the caos and stresses of life. Also second the Dawn awesomeness smile. Hey, BTW, I might be interested in making extra money, lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/19/17 01:50 PM

Thanks guys, I was stuck on the couch for over three hours Thursday it not fun when you cant get up to even go pee lol. But then I sneezed, screamed bloody murder then was able to actually sit up enough I could pull self up to go to the bathroom( shocked I didn't [censored] my self after I sneezed) It seems that I had popped my back out just enough that i could move around until I sat/laid on the couch then everything locked up and when I sneezed it popped it back to were it needs to be but it didn't feels good. I just kept pushing though until after holidays then I guess once I know I am at the full store long enough I shall take my days off and try to get into doc and see what they can do.

On extra money front I am learning about bitcoin mining and got a little program running that does it but it will be about 3 weeks before I know it works and if worth the effort.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/24/17 07:20 PM

so today been a nightmare. find truck window cracked and it grows as I am driving. I got to wait until Tuesday to call insurance about replacing it . ( unless it out of pocket then I need to hope it hold for a few months to save for it. Came home worked on a couple things and went to go back down stairs fall and wake up wit ha hole in the wall (and a nap that was it appears to be at least 20 minutes long, based on the text I had waking up. Hopefully I can get though tonight and tomorrow without any more issues shoulder sore enough without adding to it.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/24/17 07:33 PM

Gees Terry, I keep hoping you'd catch a break, of the great kind that is. So sorry to hear of your additional misfortune.

I do hope things improve for you all and hope you and yours can find a way to have a Merry Christmas, and I pray your new year is much brighter than this one.

Please keep us posted.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/24/17 09:46 PM

Good grief man, hang on to the hand rails.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/25/17 04:04 AM

Please heal fast!!!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/25/17 08:20 AM

Whenever it rains, it freezes frown Take care of yourself, man!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/25/17 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Feather
Good grief man, hang on to the hand rails.
I got to put the rail back on, I been trying to wait until I finished the drywall lol.. lucky no lasting injuries ( i can handle the bruising and soreness lol. But I do wish that the good luck will get here lol.. maybe if i keep up with the bitcoin and it take a dive right before i transfer and then climb like mad lol I love to use it to put too a new truck lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 12/26/17 09:26 PM

Well, just find a way to safely enjoy the holidays, hopefully lady luck will be at your door very soon!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 01/16/18 09:49 PM

Well a couple different updates.
The glider that almost froze in my truck doing great my friend she loving him and he still gaining weight (going to make Vino look like he was on a diet lol.) She calling him Little Terry ( shakehead ) I just found out today I am transferring to the Concord Pike BestBuy (now I am waiting on hours to be schedule) I worked a total of like 8 hours at the old store helping load stuff up.
Tomorrow Sterling and Vino go in for their dental exam and teeth extractions. (who ready to get up at 5 am in morning ( not us lol)
Truck goes in shop again on Thursday, I may be leaving it behind fora few weeks cause there some form of a leak, O2 sensor issue we cant pin point. ( plus I lack the equipment/ garage to put truck in the air to crawl under it and stay warm and dry. ( while i am in lower De area I have some computer work to do so I can at least maybe make a couple bucks.
my bitcoin miner program ( first one ) sucked it took 3 weeks to make 70 cents. the second one I am now running has made almost 40 bucks in the same time. it great too cause it runs only at 50% load and makes enough heat from the cpu and gpu running it bumps the glider room up about 5-10 degrees warmer with door open and at night about 10+ so no space heater running required, wit us keeping most the house in lower 60s to save heating oil lol.

in 12 days my wife will add another year to her count and 2 days after that i add the same number lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 01/17/18 01:29 AM

Glad to hear the little guy is doing well. I hope your luck gets better soon! Hang in there and thanks for the update! We like to know you're all okay.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 01/18/18 12:06 AM

Vino lost four teeth and Sterling lost his bottom front teeth

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 01/18/18 06:17 AM

Did you keep the teeth?

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 01/19/18 04:00 AM

not this time we forgot to ask to save them. we still have Muffins and the rest of the one Sterling lost from last fall

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/05/18 07:36 PM

been a while but quick rundown ( mechanic needed) I only worked 30 hours total (between January and today)... I having a 171 error code which is a vac leak I have about as much business with monkeying around with a running motor, as Feather and Karen has running in a off road race with no shocks. ( my luck I pull a stub back where my finger should be lol)

Starting next week I should have 25 hours of work in a single week lol I wont know how to act/feel since i been sitting mostly during all this down time.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/06/18 01:02 AM

Well, there might be an adjustment, but should feel pretty good getting in the time.

Thanks for the update. Stay well.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/09/18 07:10 PM

truck issue is over I killed it lol. We traded the poor girl in on a younger model lol, So I am now in debt on a 2015 frontier ( everything the same outside this one has more fancy stuff like heated seats and came with fog lights built in

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/09/18 07:28 PM

Yay! Congrats!!!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/09/18 08:22 PM

Congratulations! dance it's good to have something more reliable and more comfortable. Happy for you.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/09/18 08:48 PM

2015, a youngin' wink

Gratz on the new ride, hope you have much better luck with her!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/09/18 10:12 PM

Cool beans on the new ride. Those heated seats will come in handy wink

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/10/18 01:51 PM

Cool beans on the new ride. Those heated seats will come in handy wink
oh they have already, not cold out, but with my back and all the walking I did when getting this truck they feel nice on my lower back. ( I am about to start my first full day at the Best Buy that I got transferred too) , I hope they don't do this bust my [censored] one week then the next I only get one day like it looking like.(with current schedule) If so I am going to start looking for another job, I need a income not gas money)

The truck was needed either way the old one was having more issues than we knew off, they where going over it and actually called me yesterday afternoon late, it has blew the front bearing seal, and both head gaskets when they were inspecting the motor after seeing a oil puddle on floor, The poor girl would of never made it though west Virginia if we took her to the SGGA. They said they were going to more less put her in the wholesale lot as is and someone might want her for a fixer up ( aka they got more money than brains lol) I was almost tearing up when I was removing stuff from her thursday night and friday morning.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/10/18 10:29 PM

They said they were going to more less put her in the wholesale lot as is and someone might want her for a fixer up ( aka they got more money than brains lol) I was almost tearing up when I was removing stuff from her thursday night and friday morning.

Depends on your point of view. Some idiots (as in me) like to buy (cheap) projects to use as platforms for upgrades and testing. The last house I owned was like that & learned a lot while adding $20K to its value over seven years of play.

That notwithstanding, a reliable way to get to work cannot be passed up wink

I hope your job starts treating your better or you find a new one soon. I cannot imagine the stress that causes frown

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/14/18 12:39 PM

Hd a exciting evening yesterday. I have given a local a pet store manager my number to give out for glider issues( thinking it never be remembered), Well I got a call last night about 7 pm. and end up removing thread off a gliders toes, no discoloring of toes just a lot of thread and a squirmy butt that needed help. so I pulled out the glider bag tussled him into a ejacket and went about removing the thread and inspecting the toes. only damaged to the toes looks like while struggling he scratched the skin a little. gave them links to here, critterlove, and atticworx so they can get the boys some proper pieces and they might heat suburban sugar up for stuff.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/14/18 12:54 PM

thumb Wow! clap You're my hero for the day!!! :yes: It's great to hear they survived with all their fingers and toes!!!

Does an ejacket help hang on to them?

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/14/18 04:33 PM

the jacket was to keep him from biting me as much cause he was all tussled up while i worked on his back foot. from what the owners said they were gifted to them and they didn't know the age of them but both are un-neutered males. I told them that getting both fixed would reduce the smell a lot and reduce chances of any fighting to an degree.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/14/18 04:53 PM

thumb clap thumb

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/14/18 06:08 PM

Awesome work clap That could have been a sad ending if you had not come to the rescue. Little one would certainly have lost an appendage.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/15/18 01:14 AM

Super glad you had left your number in the first place, also super glad they kept it and called you. Super-duper glad you were able to help them with the issue clap clap clap

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/15/18 01:22 PM

the jacket was to keep him from biting me as much cause he was all tussled up while i worked on his back foot.

Wow I never thought of that! Mine are little contortionists when it comes to nail clipping. They don't bite so much anymore. That would be a great way to manage a glider who doesn't know you.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/21/18 08:10 PM

WOW 75 degrees in February. We all doing good the kids going crazy with the finds from Craigslist.
I am enjoying the warm weather and windows all open this afternoon.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/23/18 01:28 AM

I know! Last weekend we had snow, two days later it's almost hitting 80 shakehead

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/23/18 04:06 PM

Same here, except some people may be building arks now ohwell

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 02/24/18 09:02 AM

Same here, except some people may be building arks now ohwell
:haha: :funny: :gidea:

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 03/05/18 06:29 PM

back from weekend with friend in New York. it hard to sleep with 21 gliders in a single room and it barking fest going on lol.. ( brought 2 glider extra back and taking them to a friend later in the week.)

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 03/05/18 07:59 PM

TWENTY-ONE!? As in the number two followed by the number one in order to form a whole number!?

I hope you weren't actually expecting sleep when you entered that room for bed. Wow.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 03/05/18 08:14 PM

back from weekend with friend in New York. it hard to sleep with 21 gliders in a single room and it barking fest going on lol.. ( brought 2 glider extra back and taking them to a friend later in the week.)

I can only imagine! Lol!

I can feel the love!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 03/06/18 03:05 AM

well 9 were ours and 10 was our friend for the most the trip Our one girl barked the most. the rest were just upset over new smells and noises. lol

The 2 we brought back if you guys remember a year or so back I acquired a glider that went to our friend in New York ( same one we visited this weekend) well these are 2 of his off spring. and she had adopted them out and the lady's daughter has I guess lost interest in them. Well she been after our friend to take them back cause she felt the daughter was not taking proper care of them. Well I told my friend that i knew a lady that would take them and before I was off the phone texting said lady of the possible gliders they were brought over to my friend we were visiting lol) so I brought home 2 gliders and once my truck out of the shop or she up this way for work . they will be going home with her.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 03/29/18 11:53 AM

All of us are alive been busy with training for work(more hours clocked in 4 days than i had most pay cycle since in full bestbuy.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 03/31/18 07:11 PM

I think i almost like that show Luke cage lol, i fell and cracked the thin concrete path a neighbor had this morning when i stopped and visited,(no i didn't use my face on it?) but i can say this he was irked(not at me) cause it broke and was less than a year old. we dug up the one edge and side and it like less than 1/2 inch thick. H called the guy and contacted his lawyer and if i know him will have the entire walkway dug out before either has called him back. He hates people who half butt things and cheat people. Knowing him he will have the guy replace the entire path and watch them do it all( he said he can use some vacation time lol) I was like dang man be glad I didn't land on your truck you need a new fender laughing as we do. He knows about my CP and he always tries to make sure I am doing good when he sees me (not as often these days since I moved north lol)

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 03/31/18 08:34 PM

Hope you are okay! Glad you're getting hours in, I mean if you are, lol

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 04/01/18 03:10 AM

i have rocks for brains and lead for bones i guess no marks at all just a sore muscle or 4 lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 04/08/18 08:11 PM

was right once he told the guy his lawyer was contacted and it broke when fell onto. the guy been out most the week digging it up and redoing the entire walk way. found 2 other thin spots while he was doing it. I bet driving a zero turn mower on the walkway would of broken any of the spots..

I may actually get to go cut grass this week. lol The weather been either raining or I lacked the funds to go down and start real work.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 04/08/18 09:12 PM

I'm glad to hear good news for your friend!!! Hopefully he will get it right this time. smile

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 04/19/18 07:32 PM

so spent time with my kids today got pics and some happy beeps out of the Horde all but Kahless let me hold them as I took picture but he did let me pet him as he sat on the ledge and enjoyed his yogi . Sadly I saw Vino tail hair is thin I am not sure if it him or one of the others glider over-grooming it or just cause he getting older( he about 8-9 years now) Going to watch it and see how it goes if keeps up might need figure out a vet visit/cost. since 3 days of work in 2 weeks for less than 20 hours sucks.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 04/20/18 05:40 PM

Sounds like success mostly!

Sorry about the work hours though.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 04/29/18 08:44 PM

Well that hurt and sucked lol.. I was going to the shed this afternoon and slipped on wet moss lol( of all things) end up with a soaking wet butt, and i had just finished the laundry, Well a small load for tomorrow once i ma done with yard work lol.. just glad no kids on me when I fell my luck i be outside for a week looking for escapees. I need to add to our things to get butterfly nets,( do they make a glider sized shock collar, cause with the trees we have I never caught them on run lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 05/14/18 03:22 PM

I claim limited success with Kahless this week. he was asleep but I was able to pick him out of the fur pile and hold him for almost a minute with no crabbing or biting. Then he realized the warmth was not his cage mates but my hand then licked and bit me as he tried to jump out as i was putting him back. I wish he calm down a little faster cause I want to hold him more and have him pocket trained some by SGGA time.

Vino tail not getting any worse or better that we seen so I thinking he might just have some old glider fart balding a little we still watching it and he been more active and will come right up for a treat now ( taking almost 2 years but he learning I am his friend )

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 05/15/18 12:13 AM

Have you tried holding him in such a way that he can't bite then rub your forehead on his head. Scent mark him.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 05/31/18 01:48 PM

Feather as much as I been sweating I prolly have to de-grease him or worse bleach him back to grey and whiter from the dirt and green from grass cutting. lol but i working on him a little.. If i knew it help I just hold him then slobber/lick on him and then rinse my mouht from the fur lol

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/13/18 01:55 AM

hey all still kicking I have some updates and such but I have to wait until possible Saturday to get time to give you all them in a single post lol.. it a mixture of rants and good news.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/16/18 12:05 AM

So as promised the long update/rant on how it been.

I am still only getting one day every other week at work, but I did interview for a full time position and with hope it will pay off.
I took my truck in to get it first service done, tire rotated, new air filter my old one look horrible and the oil change. What I got instead was oil change (with a faulty oil filter (resulting in 2 more trips to get a leak fixed) my tires rotated, a air filter, plus a dent by one of the tech leaning against my truck.popped most of it out by hand, once I get my hands on a pop a dent I remove the rest. I cant afford to be without the truck for any period of time between my wife working and me trying to make some money. Plus I am still trying to clean the oil stains off my driveway at home.
ON glider front we are doing better Kahless now has been letting me pet him and he taking worms from my hand, ( he so gentle at taking them he lets go if he pulls back and they don't come freely lol. He also letting me pet him a little now without the crabbing from the start. ( Ladymagyver you got a long year ahead of you with Stewie if he anything like Kahless specially if i am right and they are related to Tucker lol we got a lot of work to make them fat lazy boys. lol I hope to see you at the SGGA this year to compare notes.
On the other gliders everyone seems to be doing well, Vino tail hair not growing back in but it not getting worse he still not a jumper ( more of a plop per) he made a few very short jumps that max out about one glider body length. Leeloo she still her nice one minute and evil the next, Freya still wants to go everywhere with me, Momo, Marshmallow and Waffles are still in their own world and Momo not as picky as to who holders her as long she gets a fish snack. Muffin and Sterling still holding on with their limited teeth and having lick mainly snacks (I think Muffin misses her worms )

I blew up my trimmer last month ( got the wrong oil mix and motor burned up cause it had no oil) replacing it cost me 340 bucks. I been given a DR trimmer type push mower/trimmer but it need a carburetor and that 100 buck ( and no promise if that all it needs, so it use and working on will be pout on hold until after SGGA.
Found out one of my customers has been screwing me/ her brother over with a promise/deal she agreed to and I am on the fence about dropping her or making her a pay per cut only type deal, but I dont want to go into that on here)

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/16/18 01:13 AM

Hope you're interview pays off!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/16/18 04:58 AM

You have to remember I promised Tucker I would never neuter him. Kahless and Stewie are neutered!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/16/18 01:41 PM

You have to remember I promised Tucker I would never neuter him. Kahless and Stewie are neutered!

that may be true Feather but I could not keep him if he was not neutered ( i come home and wife would of re homed him when I was not home then possible make me get rid of all my gliders cause i cant follow her rules. I am lucky she not done so now since work is not paying the bills.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/16/18 04:03 PM

Well, all I can say to that is Stewie is a very happy onery little cus right now... If I had to do it all over again, other than the glue, I'd have it done again... smile

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/16/18 11:54 PM

We got lucky with Kahless Dawn we think he had the laser off and he was ok within 2 hours I would of liked to bred him once but wife so against with with so many people trying to sell and give away glider around here it not funny, I know if i took every glider i been offered I have 40+ gliders by now. I get to the point of bringing them back to healthy state and friendly I don't want to give them up to possible to be mistreated (even if not ment to be) .

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/17/18 12:55 PM

Mechnut, Kim and I thought we were doing the right thing by poor little Stewie. He had a lazer neuter. But it all went wrong when he woke up. He went after it. They e-jacket him after he got to it and glued it shut. This little guy had way more glue on him than he should have. He must have been awake when they did it. I will open a topic for future reference soon. But it was a mess.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/17/18 01:41 PM

oh I know when Freya hand got hurt the colony was changed and Momo wont accept her anymore so we had to split the colony into 2 groups. even after the hand has healed up and only left a little scare they still wont get along.. The sad part was they were like best friends

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/17/18 02:16 PM

That is so sad... worried

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/24/18 10:35 AM

worried

Leeloo woke up with a swollen eye yesterday morning I got to call the vet in the morning ( monday ) at 8 am to see if they can get her in to be looked at. Not sure if it a eye or tooth issue. All we know right now is that she was fine Friday night and when doing my moring check saturday she was not. This will be a our first sudden injury/abscess ( pop up).

Most the other minor ones we had were like does it look puffy for a day or 2 then boom it is swelling ( and we have a vet appointment already made if we both think so. Leeloo was very noticeable saturday and by the time we got home her eye almost swollen shut( and still so this morning) we are thinking it may me a eye injury since she spent over 1 minute ( on video ) working on a fish snack this morning and had the nerve to nip my hand cause I was holding her in a unfree to bolt style to her.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/26/18 01:24 AM

WOW is all I can say.. Leeloo had 2 teeth removed from her upper right jaw today. the vet said the gums had receded, causing the back 2 most molars to expose the nerve and a minor injection to possible start in the root canal. so she had the teeth removed and already seeing a slight reduction in the swelling ( my wife says) compared to this morning. she happy over here munching on avocado pieces cotton candy grapes and scrambled eggs with a touch of milk and cheese to help ease her belly and provide some yummyness. wife says she skipped HPW mix to make sure they ate what they are given as they seem to fill up on the HPW instead of food.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 06/26/18 02:31 AM

Wishing Leelo a quick recovery!

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 07/05/18 07:41 PM

sorry I had a rotten luck this week. good news is Leeloo all better and i actually stopped the antibiotics a littler early only cause it was giving her some really soft poop and she bitten me 3 days in a row lol.

Watching her and she doing Fine.

bad part of the week is i Krama not been nice to me. I had my truck about 6 months a now and I was going down to cut grass for grand-mom and I was letting this trucker in front of me cause no one else was. My payback is a stone into the window shield and a 13-18 inch Y crack. So of course after I get his info and such We have a 400 for a windshield to replace, in our truck.

This is of course the dry weeks looking like for grass so my funds are gone and work still slow. ( once back From the SGGA I starting to look for new work) My wife wants to take the bonus she got and get the windshield fixed she feels it more important than replacing her glasses since they coating is peeling off of them. I like i worry about the windshield once we get back it only the first of the 2 layers that cracked and I seen people ride around with a lot worse windshields. I figure once i am back I can lay into 2 projects i put off cause I dont want to injure myself befog the trip. I think between them I can net enough or most of the funds to replace the windshield. This is all while trying to help wife make sgga supplies to sell and do my normal house work/yard work as the weather lets me lol

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 07/22/18 12:53 PM

last planned day of treat making, I got windshield replaced with some side job money ( sucks cause i wont have any spending funds now)
Wife will have a bunch of extra little props and such as I knew she had them in the sewing room and she forgot ( as always) I had to go looking for some items for her and brought them out placed where she can find them. I been debating on the nail trims for all the kids or to wait until we get there cause I know i can use them for demos if needed lol.

Re: Round 3 the swelling starts - 08/13/18 11:42 AM

well finally update for this round lol.. SGGA was a blast (wife feels vending was not as great). She having a huge treat sale now on her etsy store to sell off the extra treats from sgga. I started to look for new job and my wife has too (short version ) wanted her to go be manager at a store that 20 miles away and it cost her about 10 bucks a day to go and come home from work but they only wanted to pay her ~2 dollars more to do the job and deal with the extra headaches with only 2 other staff members so she declined and she also looking for new job.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL