GliderCENTRAL

End of my rope...

Posted By: TwoDog

End of my rope... - 08/12/17 09:30 AM

Grrrr.
Reaching the end of my rope here.
If it was just the gliders I could shut them out. But when they start bouncing round the cage at night, the dogs whine and cry until I let the gliders out.
must sleep...
Posted By: Feather

Re: End of my rope... - 08/12/17 02:58 PM

They are conspiring against you! :roflmao2:
Posted By: Hutch

Re: End of my rope... - 08/13/17 01:08 AM

You've encouraged monsters, now lay in the bed you've made... wide awake! :elaugh:
Posted By: TwoDog

Re: End of my rope... - 08/13/17 04:18 PM

Yeah.
Hutch is right. I brought this on myself.
I need to finish the project and start implementing rigid in-cage/out-of-cage times.
If I get them on a rythm they should be a lot easier to control--and where their poop ends up will be a lot easier to control.

The trick is, to delay their exodus into the RV for at least an hour after they wake up. Until they have all had a chance to get up...get breakfast and poop in the cage.

And if the condo house is their #1 house, gathering them up in the morning should be as easy as closing the cage door.

Everyone wins. They have a routine. Dogs and Gliders get rampage time, I get to sleep, and (most of) the poop from their play time concentrates in the cage for better RV hygiene.

That was the goal anyway. We will see what the result actually looks like. The cage is finally holding together during moves. Got all the tubes hooked up right so they move with the sliders and don't come unhooked in transit. Can't make them adhere to any kind of schedule unless I can get them in the cage....hehe.

OK...time to get up and get moving...
More later...happy glider-ing all!
Posted By: Terry

Re: End of my rope... - 08/13/17 08:54 PM

Just a thought, I've noticed that early am playtime, shortly before they go to bed for the day is the least messiest time for out of cage shenanigans. I had switched to the routine of 3 mornings a week prior to my first cross-country move, when I set them up in the bathroom for out of cage play. Unfortunately for some length of time, out of cage play was nil to occasional, & sporadic. I experimented in various arrangements, location, and set ups as well as veritable time/schedules to implement a routine. I have failed considerable until fairly recently, and I have worked endlessly trying to improve the area that they're restricted to, making it more interesting and yet still safe. I do not live in a RV, but my living situation since upon moving, once again cross-country, after a divorce which left me completely broke is for the most part contained with my life's belongings (50+ yrs) contained to either a very small bedroom and a 5 x 8 storage unit. So, I understand tight constraints, believe me. Sharing the rest of the house with family, leaves me little options for an out of cage play area.

Anyway, just saying, lol, am is the best time, but I haven't been able to establish that time myself, as of yet. I'm hoping to though, if I can get myself back into the routine again.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL