GliderCENTRAL

This Generation I'll Tell Ya...

Posted By: billytense aka Lisa11

This Generation I'll Tell Ya... - 03/19/18 10:20 AM

I think I have Millenial Gliders...actually, I'm sure of it.

They have little to no work ethic, they barely have a clue about the value of a hard earned dollar and the sense of entitlement is overwhemingly evident. They litterally want everything handed to them.
Participation trophies and grade/ego inflation did nothing but un-naturally raise the expectations for the outside world or outside the cage. When these expectaions are not met, Gen Z blames the caregiver (usually in the form of "crabbing").
This is a world where everyone gets a mealie just for waking up, or, if you prefer, I'll feed you a fat juicy one in between yawns while you are still relaxing in your clean warm pouch. You are special, you are different, you, are unique.
My generation lived in dirt and sticky crowded tree holes and we were glad for it. No one changed our cage linen on the daily, no one made sure we had delish fresh food and triple filtered clean water in an antique depression era milk glass saucer. If we wanted sustenence we spread our damn Patagium and got some. I had to fight six siblings and five cousins just to gnaw on a cricket leg...I don't even like cricket legs but I never complained.
I wouldn't consider myself a "helicopter parent", more like an "elevator parent" both for the type of entertainment I build for my special little girls and the range of emotions present in this relationship.

The mantra for the millenials is "follow your dreams" well my fuzzbutts seem to dream of nothing but food, the nub on the top of my ball cap and when the next nap is. Maybe the real reason they are called Gen Z is because they sleep so darn much.
I've read that Gen Y grew up with PC's, video game systems, and cell phones where Gen Z has tablets, smart phones and apps. I can attest to this from the tiny foot prints of evidence on my waterproof keyboard and chew marks on my phone. As far as Apps go, well these over/under achievers just consider that the treat before (one of) the main course.

Speaking of complaining, these Gen Z's don't understand that life is not a vacation. Sometimes the lights are bright, sometimes it takes a little work to release the snack, sometimes you have to have nail maintenence whether you like it or not. You just can't sit back on your adorable behind and wait for someone to bring you a six dollar watermellon just so you can lick it and then wrinkle your fabulous pink nose in disgust.
I would expound on this theory but i'ts time for the ladies hourly head and bellly massage and tail fluff. Afterwards it will be a cornicopia of color coordinated munchies cut into disney shapes served while a nice italian opera lilts in the background.

Re: This Generation I'll Tell Ya... - 03/19/18 10:29 AM

Oh and yes I'm exhausted, this is when these things happen. Off topic, I tried to fix something today, it broke, had to make a new one, tool used to make new one broke, breaking Two other things at same time. Tried to fix tool, injury!!! Nap. Try to use different tool,. Injury!!! Try to fix first tool. Smash it out of frustration, 24 he. Wall mart, new tool, cookies, parking lot binge, tummy upset, gliders no play time, write post, spend hour, happy, post DISAPPEARED.... never to be seen again. Looking for cyanide pills.....

First version of post was so much fun with!!

Cheers
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: This Generation I'll Tell Ya... - 03/19/18 01:04 PM

First post reply: Ain't that the truth!?! dunno

Originally Posted By: billytense aka Lisa11
Oh and yes I'm exhausted, this is when these things happen. Off topic, I tried to fix something today, it broke, had to make a new one, tool used to make new one broke, breaking Two other things at same time. Tried to fix tool, injury!!! Nap. Try to use different tool,. Injury!!! Try to fix first tool. Smash it out of frustration, 24 he. Wall mart, new tool, cookies, parking lot binge, tummy upset, gliders no play time, write post, spend hour, happy, post DISAPPEARED.... never to be seen again. Looking for cyanide pills.....

First version of post was so much fun with!!

Cheers

I hate it when I whittle away on new phone, typing furiously, only to accidentally swipe right, and poof! It's gone!!!

:tant2:

Tools... Love them till they break. Then close your ears and duck! It's gonna get ugly! tant The only tool I can't throw are my sewing machines. (Yes, I have several types, and a backup, and I know how to use them!) Most lighter power tools will go airborne. Screwdrivers really sent me over the edge!

Re: This Generation I'll Tell Ya... - 03/19/18 01:24 PM

I bought a sewing machine when I got the girls with every intention of learning how to make my own pouches etc. Then I started watching some videos and realized that I was going to really mess things up if I tried, which is rare, I usually just jump e right in and make it work, but seeing send pretty precise like baking. Soooooo, it is holding up a pile of fabric and "sewing notions" that will probably just disintegrate over time...
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: This Generation I'll Tell Ya... - 03/19/18 05:18 PM

As with any intricate detailed device, practice makes perfect. I've been on a sewing machine of some sort for almost 50 years. I make doll clothes, quilt, and quilting(there is a difference.)

Today I'm teaching an 8 and 10 year old how to make/ sew things for their plush sugar gliders.
Posted By: Feather

Re: This Generation I'll Tell Ya... - 03/19/18 08:22 PM

You can do it!

There is a guy that goes to Nancy's Notions and teach embroidery.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL