GliderCENTRAL

Vetricyn the miracle spray!

Posted By: Sherri

Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 05:15 PM

Some of you know, some of you don't......I have a baby girl (Abigail) who had a severe case of Moist Dermatits (yeast) AND had to get her tail amputated because she started attacking it and it went necroptic. Her tail amputation was yesterday Feb. 24th 2012.

This is my photo dump of how well and FAST vetricyn works.

I picked up some vetricyn on Monday Feb 20th and there weren't a whole lot of change for the first couple of days. But by Wed. Feb 22nd till last night there have been some MAJOR change from using it.

Wednesday Feb.22nd Abigail's back was completely covered in yeasty, crusted and matted fur.

Thursday Feb. 23rd 5pm she showed some improvement with small patches of pink clear skin devoid of crustiness.

This is also Thursady night Feb 23rd about 10pm

This if from Friday Feb 24th 5:30 pm after her tail amputation.

And this is 11:15 or so pm last night Feb 24th

And if you think that is mind boggling wait till you see this discovery! My vet was concerned about the bite mark that she has at the base of her tail but was afraid to amutate that far down so she told be to keep an eye on it. The bite mark was there at 5:30 pm yesterday but is completely healed at 11:15 last night!

VETRICYN NEEDS TO BE IN EVERYONE'S E KIT!
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 05:34 PM

Wow! That stuff appears to work great!

And that tail looks amazing from just being amputated yesterday!! clap
Posted By: Craby123

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 05:38 PM

Bless her little heart, she must be a very strong willed glider! looks like she is on her way to recovery.
Posted By: Gemini67

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 05:41 PM

Wow! That vetericyn is amazing! Thank you for sharing the pictures- really drives through your point! Glad Abigail is healing up so quickly!
Posted By: JanetGlider

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 06:30 PM

I have used Vetricyn for quite a while on both my dogs
and my gliders. Great stuff! Wouldn't be without it!
Posted By: StowawayGliders

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 06:48 PM

what is vetericyn?
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 06:52 PM

http://vetericyn.com/
Posted By: lilangels

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 06:59 PM

Are you using any other medicine for the yeast? That poor baby looks just awful in the beginning pics but is looking much better in the last. I can't believe the bite one her tail healed that fast. I am now off to buy some vetericyn for my e kit. Thanks for the wonderful pics. Please give that poor baby a love for me and wish her a very fast recovery.

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 07:16 PM

She is on antibiotics and medicated shampoo and since the yeast takes so much away from her she has needed to be subqued numerous times when she was at her worst. But I haven't had to subque her at all since Tuesday. YAY!!!

The vetricyn is the only thing that I have seen any major improvement since starting her on it.

That bite mark dissappearing in such a short time relly blew me away!
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 07:44 PM

I've been trying to tell people about Vetericyn FOR EVER! It is a MUST have around my home. I use it on all of my animals AND myself and hubby too!

It is amazing how fast it helps wounds heal.

I was first introduced to it (by my vet) when my horse cut her throat open. A large enough wound that my hubby stuck his hand IN the wound to hold the artery closed to keep her from bleeding out while we waited on the vet to get here.

I thought it would take MONTHS for her to heal from such a devistating wound but it was healed in just a few weeks and with almost no scar at all.

I have since used it on mating wounds on gliders and the healing time is about 1/4th the time compared to not using it.

And great thing is, it does not sting or stain at all and is completely safe if they ingest some or accidentally get it in their eyes.

Sherri, I'm so happy that your little one is healing so quickly. Go Abigail!

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 08:00 PM

I think I'm going to go out and get the whole line of vetricyn products!

I remember you talking about your horse and how horrible that wound was. So glad that she made a full recovery with very little scarring.

I'm just a little slow sometimes getting on board with all the really good stuff! LOL

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 08:32 PM

Here's hoping that you will NEVER need to use it again after Abigail!

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 08:35 PM

I pray not to have to use it again with joeys, but feeling rather awesome to have it in my e kit thats for sure!
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 08:45 PM

See? Momma D isn't HALF as crazy as some people might think....

You DO NOT need a prescription to get this stuff. All you need to do to find where you can purchase it is go to the link that Shelly/GliderNursery gave above...they have a tab for a "store locator" where you type in your zip code, and it'll show you the stores that carry it. You want to look for the "WOUND & INFECTION TREATMENT"...they make an eye care and ear care as well, so closely watch what you're buying.

And as a side hint: I have a "habit" of chewing my cuticles or getting cut by my rotary wheel. My immunity levels aren't spectacular, and I invariably get an infection. Two squirts of Vetericyn and a bandage, the next day the infection is GONE and the ouchie is healing!

(If you can't find it near you, give me a holler! I have a store here in the Fort Town....it's $25.00 for a 4 oz. bottle, but SOOOOOO worth the investment!!)
Posted By: Marz

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/25/12 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: minkasmom
You want to look for the "WOUND & INFECTION TREATMENT"...they make an eye care and ear care as well, so closely watch what you're buying.

There is a hydrogel spray and a liquid spray under the wound and infection treatment section of the website. Which is the one people are using?

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/26/12 12:01 AM

I'm using the liquid spray.

Kinda off topic but not really. Hi MARZ!!!!

I saw on your marsupial forum the other day that someone in australia had a brushtail possum with that nasty dermatitis in 2010. My poor baby girl looked just like those possums.
Posted By: StowawayGliders

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/26/12 02:14 AM

That looks like a miracle spray. I am just surprised my vet tech friend hasnt heard of it. Will get it for all my critters furry and not!

Edit: Is there a different kind for different animals?
Posted By: Tobi

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/26/12 02:26 AM

There is a general spray and some sprays specifically for horses or what not.
I use the hydrogel spray because it lasts longer on the wound, and I have had to use it a few times and it truly is amazing!! It is a MUST! Just watch the expiration dates!
My boy used to get bites on his neck from his brother (thankfully that has stopped) and I would spray the wound carefully and it would heal in no time! Miracle stuff!
Posted By: krysKritters

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/26/12 06:11 PM

That stuff is awesome! I will be offering it on my site soon too... Glad to hear your baby is doing so much better!

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 08:45 AM

We went from THIS....

To THIS.....

In 5 days, using vetricyn!!!! WHOOT WHOOT!!!!
Posted By: eshaw

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 09:33 AM

Talk about a bad hair day! rofl What caused that in the first place???
Posted By: IndieAndStella

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 02:30 PM

I just tried the storelocator and it looks like Petco carries it in my area...good to know! thanks OP for this topic!
Posted By: sitkasmom

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 02:53 PM

After seeing posts from Dancing and Minkasmom I bought the 4 oz bottle.

The first time I used it was for a nasty infected cut on hubby's arm. Of course he gave me crap about it. "Its for animals!" "Its horse spray." Whine Whine Whine... But he stopped whining when the cut was healed in 3 days. Now he looks for the bottle...

I love that its safe for all critters, and especially if they lick it or it gets in their eyes...
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 03:45 PM

off_topic Hi, Marz! wave What I've been getting around here is the spray...but I'd imagine the gel is even BETTER! I'd guess that it "stays put better".

KB, to answer your question: No, there's no "species specific" varieties...just wounds, eyes, and ears. It has a picture of a horse, a dog & a bird on the bottle (and it SAYS "not for human use"...to quote my granddaughter, BAH! :rofl2: it's great for US too!)
Posted By: Chris_R

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 04:42 PM

Actually the hair loss in possums/opossums can be directly linked (and has for a very long time) to a lack of fats in the diet..because of the metabolism they need higher fats than other animals require otherwise they end up with a crud on their skin and hairloss, failure to thrive and they literally slowly starve to death... ask any long standing rehabber or wildlife vet....

Here is one of my cases, this is hawk, he came from a litter of 12 (6 died immediately by being directly hit by the car that killed the momma) but he was the "oldest/biggest" of all the other 5 survivors and needed more fat added via heavy cream to his diet faster than the others could "handle it" so he suffered the consequences... as you can see, he is next to one of the younger siblings in each picture

This happened in a matter of days, but luckily I was able to add more heavy cream to his (fed him last and added it to the leftover formula just for him) and he slowly got all his hair back and was released a happy/healthy awesome weight, completely weaned juevy smile

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 05:33 PM

The joey that Sherri has is not simply from lack of fat in the diet. The glider has what we are calling "ick" There is no definitive single answer to the different joeys in the different homes in different states all looking the same and having the same symptoms, they just look "icky".

While some may think the second picture of the bald joey looks worse, it actually looks better. With this "ick", the joey gets horrible looking, and then once starts recovery, will loose all the nasty fur, go bald and then regrow normal beautiful hair. It is a long process for the little joey and not all joeys have survived.
Posted By: tefi143

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 05:36 PM

thanks for sharing..this is an excellent post for newbies like me

I will def. go get some for emergencies!

Glad your baby is doing better!

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 06:14 PM

Thank you Teresa for clarifying that this is NOT diet related. This baby had Moist Dermatitis which is a yeast infection of the skin.

I want to remind everyone that this thread is for the healing affects of Vetricyn and not about whats wrong with my joey.

There are other threads that are dedicated to "ick" in the health and hygiene section or if you want to know more about whats wrong with "my" joey, please feel free to pm me.
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 06:19 PM

Ok, I have my own story to share just to agree with how great this stuff is!!

A while back I had to separate Drake from Dayana because he kept giving her *mating wounds*. I also neutered Sil and separated him from Carmella because he was just becoming too overly protecting of joeys. So Sil went in with my oldest Bear and I put Drake in with Carmella. I had thought Dayana was getting mating wounds because she just didnt want to breed (she was a bit on the fluffy side). After months, Drake and Carmella still did not have joeys. There was no pulling, just no joeys. So we summed it up Drake was probably shooting blanks (even though he had a *full sack*). So Drake went down and got the snip.
Every day I take my gliders out and yesterday when I did I was shocked to see that Drake now put a large wound on Carmella. :-(
I am thinking it is more of a dominance wound than a mating wound, simply because she was in heat two weeks ago (her and meadow are my loud ones and they are like clock work).

Thankfully, after seeing what the Vetericyn did for Sherri's Abigail I went down and got some to put in my e-kit.

So here is more proof of how good this stuff works.
(Carmella is going to the Vet tomorrow, he isnt in on Tuesdays)
I will be taking pictures in to Dr.Gary and see if he has ever heard of it, since Sherri said her Vet hadnt heard of it before.

This is Carmella Monday Night

This is Carmella around noon today

I will continue to flush it out with saline and then apply the Vetericyn until I can get my girl into the Vet tomorrow.

Thank God I had this stuff.

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 06:34 PM

I have photos of Missy (my horse) and her wound if anyone really wants to see. They are VERY graphic and gross. Her wound was MASSIVE. The vetericyn was a miracle for her. I live on a farm and animals get wounds. It is a fact of life around here. While I can do my best to protect my gliders, the others are outside most of the time.

Vetericyn kills bacteria (including staph and drug-resistant MRSA), viruses, fungi and spores without harming healthy tissue. Vetericyn can safely kill 99.9999 percent of most single-cell
pathogens within 30 seconds. That is IMPRESSIVE!

Here is another site that explains how this works.
http://vetericyn.com/downloads/press/veterinary_formula_pr.pdf
Posted By: Chris_R

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Dancing
The joey that Sherri has is not simply from lack of fat in the diet. The glider has what we are calling "ick" There is no definitive single answer to the different joeys in the different homes in different states all looking the same and having the same symptoms, they just look "icky".

While some may think the second picture of the bald joey looks worse, it actually looks better. With this "ick", the joey gets horrible looking, and then once starts recovery, will loose all the nasty fur, go bald and then regrow normal beautiful hair. It is a long process for the little joey and not all joeys have survived.

I meant to quote Sherrie about the brush tailed possum she saw on Marz site having what she thought was same issue as her joey (obviously it didnt work).... IT IS NOT, this is common when the formula is still to dilute for them (possum/opossum) and lacking in fats... Im just terrible at putting my words to paper LOL

when hand rearing orphaned opossums/possums the formula starts out very dilute (because 1. they need to get used to it on their gut and 2. most are in sad shape and are dehyrated and that is the issue you are mainly dealing with)

the common recipe for orphaned opossums/possums that are still bottle age is 1/3 espilac or kmr (i prefer kmr since espilac changed their recipe a few years back) 1/3 part HEAVY CREAM and 1/3 part water. to start babies (depending on their age) I either half again water or 2/3 again water... and SLOWLY get them to full strength (again depends on each individual case).... So say I get in 5 week`ers... I make up 3 cc of formula and then I would add 5 cc of water to this and feed that for a couple of days as they will die faster from lack of hydration then they will from starving, if they were 7 week olds I would only add another 3cc of water to it to start them out....
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/28/12 07:45 PM

Here is the link to what Sherri was talking about with the brushtail possums...

Caution** NASTY photo, but good read. Causes for this are STRESS and Temperature.

http://www.awrc.org.au/uploads/5/8/6/6/5866843/dr_jim_pollock-staph_infection_in_possums.pdf
Posted By: eshaw

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/29/12 10:16 AM

Dancing, you say that you used vetericyn on your horse. I'm starting to wonder if this stuff also goes by the name Blue Vitrol. I used to work with a large animal vet and that is what he used for fighting infections.

Re: Vetricyn the miracle spray! - 02/29/12 05:49 PM

eshaw...no, Blue Vitrol and Vetericyn are different products.

Blue Vitrol contains copper sulphate.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL