GliderCENTRAL

Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket

Posted By: Cora

Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 02:51 AM

My Husband, Ronnie took these videos. The first is applying a sattelite collar and fasten with a staple (lightweight). The second is applying a jacket (which I have not had as much practice at) made by Denise(minkasmom). I alternate between the 2 as he is very comfortable in the satellite (sp?) but not as familiar with the jacket. He can eat with his hands with the jacket and he likes that part but thats it...........LOL
I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Please keep praying we find the cause and can one day cure this awful desire he has to mutilate his cloaca.
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/?action=view&current=SDV_0056.flv

http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/angelfish_37/?action=view&current=SDV_0057.flv
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 02:54 AM

ABSOLUTELY awesome! dance GREAT job on the videos!
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 03:14 AM

hug2 Cora, you've MADE MY NIGHT showing that video of the e-jacket! hug2

I'm breaking out in goosebumps that you've got it down to such a SIMPLE procedure!! I'd love to shorten the length of his "corset" a bit, but I'd be worried that he could bend easier...ya know what I mean?

Give Spencer a BIG ol' mealie and a kiss from me!
Posted By: josefine

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 03:21 AM

you are so wonderful!! you made it look so easy. i hope i will never have to use one in the future. i did have Maggie in an ecollar for awhile sometime back, i know that it isn't any fun for the little ones.
talk @ ya L8R
Posted By: pbear3s

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 03:38 AM

Thanks for posting them. Your little guy was so good letting you put them on. What a great idea with the jacket.
Posted By: Meg_n_Von

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 04:41 AM

Nice job... smile

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 05:36 AM

I dont have a shotglass one any more or I would show how to put that one on.........definitely takes 2 for that one!!!

Glad you liked it Denise!! Thank you for making it!!

Spencer is so good because he lives in a collar or jacket now and has on and off for about 2 and a half years.

Thanks for the thumbs up, the vids are for teaching purposes. If you use it please use mine and Spencers name!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 03:07 PM

Little Spencers is in my prayers, i'm sure it can't be easy.
Great videos.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 01/31/10 03:35 PM

Thanks so much for sharing! It's easy to tell you've got a lot of practice! Keeping Spencer in my prayers!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/03/10 10:21 PM

Ok Cora.... you made it look way to easy ... I just worked up a sweat!!!!!!! but I got it on hope it stays on lol wow what a chore it was!!!!!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/03/10 10:28 PM

lol...........I have done it a few times!!!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/03/10 10:29 PM

h has one arm out already waaaaaaa Waaaaaaaaa

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/03/10 11:02 PM

then the corset is not tight enough(The straps), try try again my dear! When you have it on right he will look like a turtle, did I send you the directions Denise sent me??

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/04/10 11:11 AM

Ok Cora here he is he has one strap on it dont feel tight around tummy going to take it off today.. Just wanted to give his neck a break!!!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/04/10 07:24 PM

bless his little heart!!!!! he is so pretty! Spencer wears the collar at night and jacket in the day to give his neck a break!!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/04/10 09:02 PM

Ya sad isn't it...... he loves it tho doesn't even bother him! I will take it off today and put the collar on for a bit .... heck you can't even wake him hardly he is so relaxedlol

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/04/10 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Cora
then the corset is not tight enough(The straps), try try again my dear! When you have it on right he will look like a turtle, did I send you the directions Denise sent me??

Nope you sure didn't...
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/05/10 02:20 AM

I have them in my computer at work....I knew I should've e-mailed them to my laptop! tant

If Cora doesn't get them to you tonite, I'll PM them to you tomorrow. I can be so DOGGONE blonde sometimes, forgetting to mail them with the jackets themselves. !!DUH!!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/05/10 02:30 AM

Random question: doesn't a jacket irritate the patagium like a leash would?
Posted By: Kara

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/05/10 02:31 AM

love the videos!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/05/10 03:58 AM

Sorry, just saw this here hun
Step-by-step on what to do:

Lay everything flat so the criss-crossing of the main section is facing DOWN. The velco part on the straps should be facing UP.

In the same fashion as putting on a shotglass e-collar, place the opened jacket on a folded-up towel to give the glider a little cushion. Position him over the jacket so that the main section is just under the front arms. Wrap it around snugly around his main torso, being careful not to constrict regular breathing.

The "X" of the velcro should be positioned between his shoulder blades...starting with the RIGHT strap, go between his cheek and shoulder and pull it toward his LEFT rear leg; lightly push down until the "hook" and "loop" of the velcro secures. Do the same thing with the LEFT strap & pull toward the RIGHT rear leg; push down.

(IF Spencer starts to chew at the velcro straps, you CAN twist it a couple times to make the width of the straps narrower by his face...just make sure the velcro is against the "X". I've made the straps a little longer just for this!)

At first, he won't want to move. You'll need to show him that he CAN walk, he CAN eat treats, he CAN climb, he CAN do anything he normally does EXCEPT get at his cloacal area...there's index tab material around the front of the "corset" that doesn't allow him to bend forward.

The jacket ddoes not irritate the patagium.

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/05/10 09:34 PM

He did have a slight irritation. and that could be i had the jacket it's self a bit to tight. But he is out of it today with the collar on... The vet also sent some of that tape stuff home with me and showed me how to put it on him like the jacket so now i have 2 things i can use for emergancy!
Posted By: SugarBlossoms

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/05/10 10:21 PM

Denise and Cora, are you making these to sell? I would like to order some just in case!

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/05/10 10:56 PM

Denise makes them!
Posted By: Sabarika

Re: Videos of Applying Sattelite Collar & Jacket - 02/11/10 11:34 PM

Wow, I'm a very visual learner and those videos were great. And omg, WHAT A CUTIE PIE. I can only hope whatever gliders I adopt eventually will be so calm and easy to handle!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL