GliderCENTRAL

Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four

Posted By: DCMuffin

Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 01:35 PM

See PART THREE
Posted By: Cora

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 03:34 PM

Simba has a HUGE cheering section and prayer chain going on here!! Come on Simba!
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 03:40 PM

Still praying for little Simba.
Posted By: suggiemom1980

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 03:57 PM

Brandi, I know this has been an unbearably long weekend for you but know that Simba has the best of care with your vet and everyone here is sending their prayers and positive thoughts!
Posted By: vagraphix

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 04:40 PM

Any updates?

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 06:07 PM

From Brandi:

I just heard from the vet. He said Simba has continued to throw clots but today hasn't been as much as yesterday. He also isn't straining as much to pee. He isn't peeing much but at least he's starting to. Before he couldn't pee at all. He's still not drinking much but he is eaing better. He is making the vet hand feed him. He doesn't mess with the food when he puts it in a bowl. But if the vet has any of the food in his hand he said Simba gets excited and goes right for it. He said he thinks he just likes the attention. He also said when he walks in the room Simba will see him and bark. He said he feels that in a few more days if he keeps progressing like he is that he's hopeful the clotting problem will hopefully stop and he will be peeing without straining at all. Once he doesn't have the clotting issue and can pee without straining a all he can come home. He's still watching him very closely for now. So he is finally showing signs of slowly getting better. He said to just keep praying the clotting issue goes away.
Posted By: Johannasgliders

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 06:23 PM

heart mlove heart
Praying for you and Simba. hug2
Posted By: J_Costello

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 06:30 PM

Simba, we are rooting for you! Hang in there. Sending hugs to Brandi, too. You're doing a fantastic job taking care of your beloved Simba. I know this must be very difficult. More prayers being sent your way.

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 08:23 PM

same update i got Connie, cept she misses him terribly!
Posted By: Sherri

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 08:26 PM

Praying extra hard, come on Simba!
Posted By: DirtyPaws

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 08:46 PM

Thank God for a vet who is taking amazing care of Simba. I mean not just medically but handfeeding & all the extra attention he's getting. I think this really makes a difference in his getting better. He barks for him! How sweet is that heart

Brandi, you thought he was spoiled before!
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 08:59 PM

Thank You Jesus! I pray for strength for Simba and extra blessings for the vet for having such a big heart!
Posted By: Usha77

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 09:33 PM

I'm still praying hard! I'm so glad you have such a wonderful vet!! hug2 hug2 Get better fast, Simba, mama misses you!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 09:34 PM

sounds like the vet is getting attached to Simba. He is one lucky glider to have a vet that likes him so much mlove
Posted By: minkasmom

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 09:45 PM

I've been forcing myself to stay busy with other things today (glider laundry, cage washing & redesigning, sewing, etc) and couldn't stay away any longer. Eating and peeing are 2 VERY VERY positive signs...now if the clot-throwing thing could be gotten under control, that'd just be a MIRACLE in the making! I'm still praying hard as I can for you, Simba and Brandi! hug2 hug2 Hoping the healing continues....and the spoiling isn't hurting things at all! grin He's just gonna be a ROTTEN little boy when he gets back to you, Brandi; hope you're ready! mlove
Posted By: Gemini67

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/01/11 10:44 PM

Go Simba! Pee little guy..Pee grin SO glad he's eating, and he's at the top of his game there since he's made a slave out of his vet smile I bet you miss him terribly this weekend Brandi, but it sounds like he's in great care with your vet. Positive healing thoughts continue your way...
Posted By: Faerie

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 02:25 AM

Go Simba! He is such a brave boy!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 07:55 AM

I just read your story and it's very moving! I am praying for you both. I'm glad things are looking positive. Hope he comes home soon!
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 08:10 AM

Originally Posted By: JillMarie
Thank You Jesus! I pray for strength for Simba and extra blessings for the vet for having such a big heart!

Amen!
Posted By: glidermom71

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 01:15 PM

Amen
Posted By: SGQ

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 06:43 PM

I have prayed for you guys all weekend~ and I am so happy to come here and read about some improvements! smile

I laughed so hard that he's got the vet hand feeding him lol~ I love it~ You have an amazing vet Brandi!

I'll keep praying that this clotting issue gets under control, it sounds like he is making amazing improvement!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 09:25 PM

Simba Update:

I heard from the vet today. He said that Simba is peeing without straining at all. He has had no more blood in his urine. He is still having the clotting issues but they aren't as bad as they were. They seem to be slowly improving. He said he does want to be realistic and told me that at any moment one could go into his blood and kill him almost instantly(not what I wanted to hear). So he is hoping (and so I am) that they will stay to the one area and will stop soon.
He said that last night Simba walked around on him and hung out on him for about 3 hours. He said he peed all over him! He was able to control his pee and didn't seem to have any issues. So as far as that goes he doesn't think too much damage has been done there. He said we still don't know what other permanent damage has been done. We probably wont know that for a while.
He is still researching and speaking to people about the genetic blood disorder. He said that we need to find out if he has one or not. If he does then we will need to be more protective of him. We need to make sure he doesn't fall or get injured and to let any vet that sees him know. Hopefully he doesn't have that but it would be good to know a yes or no.

He said that he is not going to allow Simba to come home until this clotting thing is done. He doesn't want to send him home then for him to have problems. He said that other than the clotting issues that he thinks Simba is finally starting to go uphill and make a little progress but he still has a ways to go. He is going to call me again tomorrow and let me know how he is doing. I hope that the clotting thing is done. I can't wait to have my Simba back! I have missed him SO much! Izzy and Nala really need to see him to!
He did say for everyone to keep sending good thoughts and saying prayers for Simba. I told him I would let everyone on GC know!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 09:41 PM

Ty Brandi, still hoping and praying in Texas!!!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 09:51 PM

Still praying HARD for Simba!
Posted By: heidi

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 10:24 PM

hug2 hug2 heart mlove jumpWONDERFUL NEWS SIMBA, our prayers are being sent for you and mommy
Posted By: MissTiesa

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 10:24 PM

Finally finished reading all of the threads. Poor little Simba. He's so strong for putting up with this whole ordeal and you are just as strong for sticking by him and doing everything you can for your little one! Thoughts are with you both!!!
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/02/11 11:20 PM

Brandi, your vet is AMAZING, I have not heard of many vets who would actually take someone's pet home and care for him as if he is one of his own....how wonderful he is!

Still praying for Simba, it sounds like he's finally turned a good corner and is slowly making his way back to being 100%! He deserves all the health and happiness in the world for what he's been through! Simba, you've got this one in the bag! smile

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 12:27 AM

Brandi can you bring that vet back with you this summer?
Posted By: Nora

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 01:49 AM

Way to go Simba...We are still praying really hard for you!
Posted By: kjgoulet

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 02:00 AM

Awesome news! Way to go Simba jump best of thoughts and wishes to you and your mommy and you are all in my prayers! Keeping my fingers crossed for a reunion with your girls in the future! hug2
Posted By: tournesoul

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 02:13 AM

dance SUCH awesome news!!! dance

I just have a couple questions about all this... for anyone who can aswer ~
1) Where in FL are you? and you go to FL for part of the year and then Virginia? I think you might have said something about that way back but that was SSOOO long ago... Im not sure where to look.

2) What is this vets name? I cant imagine he wants to be anonymous, does he? I think we would all like to know... (I have lived a 1/3 of my life in FL and as nice as the 30 minutes of summer can be here upstate NY, I am still not sure it makes up for the other three seasons frown winter, before winter and after winter!! - My point is that I for one would definitely like to know who this vet is b/c Im likely not staying here a whole lot longer....)

3)How did he and Simba bond so well? Or is that just the kind of guy Simba is??? Being new at all this, and with all its taking here to bond to these boys ~ I have to wonder how a vet, one who does all the poking and prodding, gets a tight relationship going... Am I explaining that well at all? Nothing against vets at all, obviously... Its just that alot, if not most, animals dont really like going to the vet too much and its not like vets have alot of time to just hang out, bond, and get to know everyones pets... How long have they known each other? Did Simba see him regularly before? I mean enough to actually know him and that he was going to help him??

4) I know nothing about penis amputation. How exactly does he pee now? I hope that is not a dumb question...

Thanks!
Again, SOSOSOSOSOSO happy that he is doing well!!! jump mlove jump

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By: tournesoul

4) I know nothing about penis amputation. How exactly does he pee now? I hope that is not a dumb question...
Not dumb at all! Males use their penis solely for reproduction. They don't need it to pee.

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: suggiemom1980

Not dumb at all! Males use their penis solely for reproduction. They don't need it to pee.

OMG!!! Now, I REALLY feel dumb.

So the pee just happens to come out there but doesnt need to?

I swear my 11 yr old knows more than I do!! Are you smarter than a 6th grader?

*** NOT that she knows more about the penis than I do... That is definitely NOT what I meant! OMG... LOL ***

[censored] no! frown
Posted By: Bourbon

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 07:13 AM

the urethra actually runs under the penis and exits just below the fork.don't feel dumb, few people really know

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 07:08 PM

I just got a call from the vet's office. He had his vet tech call me to let me know that Simba is eating better and is sleeping peacefully right now. He still doesn't feel comfortable with me bringing him home yet but he will talk to me about that and everything else when he calls. He's going to call me after he sees a few patients. He just didn't want me to sit here and worry. How nice of him to do that. smile
The vet tech also said he would weigh Simba and let me know what his weight is. He had lost a lot of weight during this and I want to see if he is finally gaining it back. I will feel much better when he is gaining it back.

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 07:32 PM

dance SUCH awesome news!!! dance

I just have a couple questions about all this... for anyone who can aswer ~
1) Where in FL are you? and you go to FL for part of the year and then Virginia? I think you might have said something about that way back but that was SSOOO long ago... Im not sure where to look.

2) What is this vets name? I cant imagine he wants to be anonymous, does he? I think we would all like to know... (I have lived a 1/3 of my life in FL and as nice as the 30 minutes of summer can be here upstate NY, I am still not sure it makes up for the other three seasons frown winter, before winter and after winter!! - My point is that I for one would definitely like to know who this vet is b/c Im likely not staying here a whole lot longer....)

3)How did he and Simba bond so well? Or is that just the kind of guy Simba is??? Being new at all this, and with all its taking here to bond to these boys ~ I have to wonder how a vet, one who does all the poking and prodding, gets a tight relationship going... Am I explaining that well at all? Nothing against vets at all, obviously... Its just that alot, if not most, animals dont really like going to the vet too much and its not like vets have alot of time to just hang out, bond, and get to know everyones pets... How long have they known each other? Did Simba see him regularly before? I mean enough to actually know him and that he was going to help him??

Thanks!
Again, SOSOSOSOSOSO happy that he is doing well!!! jump mlove jump

1. I'm in Gainesville FL. I am from here and my husband is military stationed in VA. We go back and forth all throughout the year. Sometimes I stay in FL for months at a time.

2. The vet I use in FL is Dr.Patrick Gauvin from All Creatures Family Pet center. It's a small office but him and his wife are both vets and he is one of the best vets I have ever worked with! I highly recommend him to anyone in the area that needs a vet!

3. I have been taking my gliders to Dr.Pat for years. I have a vet in FL and a vet in VA. They are both awesome. I wouldn't say that Simba sees him enough to know him. Simba is a very sweet boy. He loves people. Dr.Pat is the type of vet that treats animals like little people. He truly loves his job and is in it to help animals. He has been very gentle with Simba and has been spending a lot of time with him. Simba liked him from the first day he saw him after this started. He was examining him and putting topical medicine on him and would stop just to give Simba a little sugar water from a syringe. Everyone that knows Simba personally will agree that THAT is the way to Simba's heart! Lol He spoke very softly to him and just showed Simba that he really cared and was there to help him. Their bond formed almost instantly. Dr.Pat hasn't just been treating Simba's medical issues. He has also been treating him mentally. He has cuddled with him and gently played with him. He has carried him around on him for hours at a time giving him that human interaction that he needs. He has also been hand feeding him which has also brought them closer. Dr.Pat is just so intuned to animals and seems to really understand that they don't just need medical treatment they need to feel cared for and to be loved.

4. Sugar gliders have a forked penis. Right where the fork begins (where the two parts of the penis split off) is the urethra where they pee. A vet can amputate all the way up to where the fork is and they will still be able to pee. Some gliders only require a partial amputation but due to the frenulum that keeps the penis from hanging out of the body all the time being totally destroyed, Simba had to have a full amputation. A full amputation is a very delicate surgery because they have to make sure that they don't damage the urethra and that it stays intact. Gliders that do well through the surgery usually heal up and have normal lives.

Don't ever think your questions are dumb! It shows your interest to learn more about gliders! That is a good thing and we would never think you were dumb for wanting to learn more! We all had to start somewhere. At one point every one of us didn't know much about them. We still don't know everything since there is not enough known about them. That is why there is constant research being done to try to learn more. Just Simba's case alone is teaching the vets about more about gliders that they may not have known before. I have definitely learned a LOT from everything that has happened with Simba! I hope that what Simba has gone through will help other gliders down the road. Hopefully no other glider will have to go through what he has been through.

Keep the prayers and good thoughts coming for my little Simba!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: vagraphix

I begged him to come but for some reason he just wont do it. Darn! At least he talks to Dr.Brinker in VA so we know Dr.Brinker can call him any time for advice if he needs to. They are both good vets!
I still think we should take over Texas and move all of the glider owners there along with all of the good vets! grin

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 07:46 PM

I'm glad to hear he's doing better and can't wait for the post when you let us know that he's coming home laugh

Don't worry I too was wondering how the whole peeing thing would work if he didn't have a penis but now I know smile

Get better soon Simba! Mommy and your ladies are missing you! hug2

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 08:03 PM

not texas...too hot for me...how about montana?

I am so glad Simba is on the road to healing!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 08:23 PM

Thank you for all that Brandi!! I am so glad he is seeing such a great vet!! I did know the vet was going out of his way for him etc... but I had just wondered how Simba let him... I guess it must help that you and Simba are bonded so tight!! He knows you trust him so he does as well, I guess?

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: NavyChiefWife
Originally Posted By: vagraphix

I begged him to come but for some reason he just wont do it. Darn! At least he talks to Dr.Brinker in VA so we know Dr.Brinker can call him any time for advice if he needs to. They are both good vets!
I still think we should take over Texas and move all of the glider owners there along with all of the good vets! grin

I am in!! grin Love TX!

So glad Simba is feeling better. Prayers continuing from here! hug2

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 11:34 PM

Tx is big enough for all of us, COME ON DOWN..

Simba your doin good buddy, dont stop now!!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/03/11 11:41 PM

Simba, you are the bravest, strongest little boy! Happy HAppy HAPpy HAPPy HAPPY jump that you're doing better and better!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 12:12 AM

yay Simba...keep getting stonger

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 12:36 AM

Hey everyone! Guess what! Brandi's vet called and said she could pick Simba up and bring him home tonight! He's doing well and he felt that being back home with Brandi would be a good thing for him.

Now, he can't have any family visitation because he doesn't want him to get too excited but he can at least cuddle with Brandi for the night.

Needless to say, she's on her way there to get him!! clap

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 12:41 AM

Yaaaaayyyy!!!

This is wonderful news.
Posted By: GliderGuy540

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: DCMuffin
Hey everyone! Guess what! Brandi's vet called and said she could pick Simba up and bring him home tonight! He's doing well and he felt that being back home with Brandi would be a good thing for him.

Now, he can't have any family visitation because he doesn't want him to get too excited but he can at least cuddle with Brandi for the night.

Needless to say, she's on her way there to get him!! clap

So glad to hear this!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 01:02 AM

WOOT WOOT!!!!! dance dance That is such SPECTACULAR NEWS!!!! (oh gee, I feel like I'm gonna start leaking again!!! cry all HAPPY tears!!)

I'm gonna add that Dr. Pat is ONE FANTASTIC VET and definitely one in a MILLION! mlove Do I HAVE to move to Florida to be a client of his? tant I literally WILT in the heat of summertime, and the bugs and other creepy-crawlies that live down there....NUH UH!!! Guess I'll have to just keep on keepin' on with what I got to work with.

Enjoy your evening with your special little man, Brandi! mlove mlove hug2
Posted By: sugmama77

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 01:08 AM

Does the little man have to go back to the vets in the morning or does he finally get to stay home? Im busting at the seams with happiness that Simba gets to go home!!! You go little buddy!!! The power of prayer is so strong and Simba is proof of that.

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 01:30 AM

I am soooooo happy!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 01:48 AM

just dont stop praying folks, this little glider is not out of the woods yet! COME ON SIMBA!!!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 01:51 AM

So happy to hear he's coming home! Still praying!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 02:01 AM

Woohoo! That means he's MUCH better!!!!
Posted By: tbull

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 02:08 AM

dance jump dance

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 03:06 AM

Yeah Simba....Brandi..so glad Simba gets to come home tonight! Still praying he continues to get stronger every day! dance clap clap

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 03:46 AM

grin party grin hooray!!! SUCH good news!! grin party grin

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 03:53 AM

Amazing news! Glad to hear he gets to go home to his mom laugh Keep up the good work Simba, in no time you'll get to see your girls!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 05:43 AM

dance Wonderful news! dance

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 05:55 AM

dance

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 11:34 AM

mloveFantastic news! How awesome to have Simba home with you again! Keep healing little guy! You're doing SOOOO well!
Posted By: Amyy

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 04:27 PM

So glad Simba's feeling better and can go home! smile

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 05:55 PM

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you Brandi! Way to go Simba!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 08:59 PM

Well, well, well...it seems as if there is another angel in our midst. Looks as though Simba has a zero balance at the vet!!!! Thank you SO much "angel"...you know who you are. hug2

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 09:20 PM

Well, well, well...it seems as if there is another angel in our midst. Looks as though Simba has a zero balance at the vet!!!! Thank you SO much "angel"...you know who you are. hug2

Wow...what a FANTASTIC community! So nice that Brandi can concentrate on Simba and not have to worry about vet bills. Whoever you are, "angel", you are a wonderfully, compassionate person with a HUGE heart. Makes me proud just to be involved in this community!!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/04/11 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Gemini67

Wow...what a FANTASTIC community! So nice that Brandi can concentrate on Simba and not have to worry about vet bills. Whoever you are, "angel", you are a wonderfully, compassionate person with a HUGE heart. Makes me proud just to be involved in this community!!!

I agree!
agree mlove dance mlove agree

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 12:00 AM

I have to tell you all, I shared this story with my ladies Bible study group today at church, and there were tears and lots of "praise Jesus", everyone was so happy. I am bringing in a pic of Simba next week for them all to see.

I am crying tears of joy. Thank You Lord for all the angels you provide, whether they be furred or unfurred, visible or invisible.

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 12:33 AM

Amen! Everyone who worried, prayed, sent positive thoughts, posted updates or paid vet bills, is an angel.

Like Cora says...."Glider people rock!"
Posted By: jb7741

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 12:53 PM

My wife and I are totally into our daily Simba updates.

We hope and pray that Simba does well.

Continue healing little one!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 01:09 PM

I've been talking with Brandi this morning a bit. She said that Simba has a good bit of energy this morning and has been crawling all over her. And in fact, he hopped for the first time since all of this happened! clap He's chirping and loving her all over the place! smile He's not eating a lot, but he's eating and going potty, all good things! The spoiled little boy doesn't want to be let down though, I think he's gonna milk this "cuddling" thing just as much as he can! LOLOL

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 01:18 PM

this update just made my day jump....now I can go to work! dance

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 01:19 PM

clap I am so happy to hear that!! He deserves all the cuddles he can milk!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 01:19 PM

awesome!!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 01:33 PM

If any glider ever deserved cuddling, he sure does! Tell Brandi to give him cuddles from all of us!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 01:45 PM

Simba give and get all the loven you can. We will continue to send prayers your way. please try to eat.

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 02:31 PM

I've been talking with Brandi this morning a bit. She said that Simba has a good bit of energy this morning and has been crawling all over her. And in fact, he hopped for the first time since all of this happened! clap He's chirping and loving her all over the place! smile He's not eating a lot, but he's eating and going potty, all good things! The spoiled little boy doesn't want to be let down though, I think he's gonna milk this "cuddling" thing just as much as he can! LOLOL

Awe, how cute! Great news grin

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 06:21 PM

Oh mercy mercy me! shakehead Sounds like somebody is learning some tricks pretty quickly!! "If I chirp sweet nothings in your ear, Mommy, will you hold me ALL DAY?" mlove That's quite all right, Brandi....you just spoil him 5 colors of ROTTEN!!! Both of you have some lovin' up time to make up for the days he hung out & got spoiled by Dr. Pat.

Your care package should be arriving today...I'm sure Dr. Pat will get a kick out of the "adjustments" I made to Simba's e-jackets. Let me know how close I came to Dr. Pat's thought processes (One thing you need to warn Simba about: I WILL NOT BE BESTED BY SOME SPOILED ROTTEN LITTLE FUZZBUTT!! If he needs to stay away from his bottom, he WILL be kept away from it! Game over! tant )

I'm just DANCING WITH JOY that he's doing better today. dance dance

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/05/11 08:59 PM

dance dance mlove dance dance
jump jump dance jump jump
dance dance clap dance dance

I am sad only about one thing

I dont get to cuddle him! tant

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/06/11 07:22 AM

Hooray for Simba. clap

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 12:12 AM

How is Simba today??

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 02:03 AM

Yesterday, I got the BEST BEST BEST picture texted to my phone with a certain precious, adorable, sweet, gorgeous glider saying hello to his "Aunt Jess" smile....just seeing that little face made me cry!

Simba, you're doing amazing and you have the strength of 10,000 men! Prayers continuing to head your way, I'm thinking about you often and know that mommy is so glad to have you home, safe, and on the road to recovery! smile

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 02:19 AM

I wanna pic Brandi!!!! *jealous* smile

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 02:21 AM

Just sent you the pic, Cora. smile

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 02:24 AM

I got a pic!!!! Thankies!!!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 03:06 AM

Glad to hear that there's more GOOD NEWS travelling through the Simba Fan Club today! clap dance The silence from Brandi today was making me VERRRRY fidgety...that's NOT a pretty sight. Makes me do silly things like flogging myself against the sewing machine... roflmao
Posted By: Berg

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 03:37 AM

Good news! Hope we can get a little more detailed report when Brandi has time.

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 03:39 AM

Well, last I heard...he was pouting when Brandi put him back in the incubator so she didn't get any sleep last night because of course, she HAD to stay up with him (god FORBID he spend a night in his OWN cage) and then oh, we're now in mommy's bra so we'll just chirp and chirp and chirp.

Oh wait...was THAT the detailed message you wanted?? roflmao

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 05:38 AM

Originally Posted By: minkasmom
Oh mercy mercy me! shakehead Sounds like somebody is learning some tricks pretty quickly!! "If I chirp sweet nothings in your ear, Mommy, will you hold me ALL DAY?"

(One thing you need to warn Simba about: I WILL NOT BE BESTED BY SOME SPOILED ROTTEN LITTLE FUZZBUTT!! If he needs to stay away from his bottom, he WILL be kept away from it! Game over! tant )

I'm just DANCING WITH JOY that he's doing better today. dance dance

You are so funny Denise!! roflmao

and Aimee!! (just read your post too smile

SSOOO glad our little community boy is feeling well enough to manipulate his mom so well roflmao

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 09:57 AM

I am seeing here that certain people got new pics? what gives? how about the rest of us?

*stomps foot impatiently*

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 12:51 PM

all men are babys when there sick. simba keep up the good work and get better soon. yes when can we get some pics

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/07/11 04:52 PM

I am seeing here that certain people got new pics? what gives? how about the rest of us?

*stomps foot impatiently*

wink exactly

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 01:31 AM

Oh Brandi... don't forget us now that your little one is doing better. LOL

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 01:38 AM

Yes!....We want to see the little guy....We have all grown to love him soooo much! So glad he is doing better!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 02:53 AM

OK, with Brandi's permission, I have an update and a PICTURE! I actually had 3 pics sent to my phone, so I picked the best one outta the bunch. Without further ado (spelling lol???), here's Simba making his mommy very happy with what he's doing!!!!:

Look at him being a little piggie, when she texted me that pic, he had eaten 10 whole mealies!!!!! YAY!!!!! Aunt Denise, look how HANDSOME Simba looks in his fancy jacket! smile Look at his little toosh sticking out from the jacket, how cute is he! smile

As for the update, I don't want to repeat old news, but I want to put down everything Brandi told me to post, so here goes. Simba is peeing fine, no issues with that. He had some bleeding again, but since last night, he hasn't had anymore. He has issues when he STARTS to poop, but once he gets going with it, he does OK. He does hiss the whole time though frown He still isn't eating as much as he should be, but he IS at least eating (see picture above!!). Simba doesn't seem to be in any pain. He's acting more like himself, but is not 100% yet.

Brandi wanted me to tell you all that she's been having some issues with both her phone and her laptop, which is why she hasn't been able to update herself. Hopefully those kinks will be worked out soon and she'll be back on here giving the good news herself!! smile Keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming!!! smile

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 02:54 AM

Oh, only thing is is that he's still not gaining weight yet frown His current weight is 123g, so he needs to get munching again!! Hopefully that pic is a sign of good things to come! smile
Posted By: Feather

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 03:08 AM

Thanks for the update!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: angelic4296
Aunt Denise, look how HANDSOME Simba looks in his fancy jacket! smile Look at his little toosh sticking out from the jacket, how cute is he! smile

I'm just GRINNING from ear to ear, he looks FANTASTIC to me!!! grin clap jump dance Just seeing him eating on his own makes my heart sing!! mlove TEN mealies???? shakehead Come on little man, eat TEN MORE! smile

Maybe our little man needs to get a few high-calorie things in his life? Like maybe some avocado, smashed & spread on top of some broiled chicken breast? How about a little coconut? Whatever he wants....however much he wants......it's all GOOD!

Thanks for sharing the pic, AngelicJess! hug2 I've been a captive on a long telephone conversation....and my pics can't load until I get OFF! (which I hope will be soon...)

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 03:37 AM

That is awesome! I'm so happy for Brandi and Simba! And yes he looks very handsome in his new suit. smile

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 05:13 AM

Ugh Denise, I know, I remember suggesting even a noodle or 2 of Mac N' Cheese (I've never met a glider who doesn't like a Mac N' Cheese noodle haha) at like 2am one night when she was trying to get him to eat ANYTHING at all! My personal view right now, is that as long as it's not toxic or harmful to him, GIVE IT TO HIM lol! Anything that he will eat and will put weight back on him...I'll mention the smashed avocado and chicken breast and coconut to Brandi in case her laptop and phone aren't back to working correctly in the next day or two, thanks for those thoughts smile

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 08:14 AM

Thank you for the update and beautiful picture of Simba man!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 11:11 AM

Go Simba!! He looks fantastic considering the ordeal he's been through!

Re: Penis Problem Please Help! - Part Four - 05/09/11 11:22 AM

See PART FIVE
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL