GliderCENTRAL

Penis problem

Posted By: Anonymous

Penis problem - 06/07/07 03:17 AM

Alright so my sugar glider got neutered today and he has complications refer to my post in the hygiene section if you want to know about it but he has been knocked out for the past 2 or so hours and i hes just waking up and squirming around and i noticed his penis was out so ive got some ky jelly on it but how do i know if its too dried out? its pretty dry and red (normal color i know). Some help?
Posted By: gliderdad79

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 03:36 AM

It should look moist. When the moist consistency decreases, you should apply more. Almost like what you would do for a tattoo.

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 03:39 AM

Alright luckily it went all the way in i was just hoping that it hadn't been out for too long and needed an amputation or anything because i didn't know how long it was out considering he had been knocked out for a few hours. thanks anyway.
Posted By: Ellen

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 04:35 AM

You may want to call or see your Vet agin. Leave nothing to chance.

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 04:44 AM

Keep a good eye on it, every hour if you can. My Tork had the same problem, and had to get the tips amputated.
Posted By: Xfilefan

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 06:50 AM

I would see the vet again-he should NOT be still out 2 hours later. If they overdosed him on anesthesia, it could kill him. Limit water and food...and call the vet ASAP worried

More detailed post in your health thread

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 05:16 PM

Even if the penis went back in, AFTER consulting with your vet I would keep ky jelly on the outside opening also. Just like you would when you have a baby circumcised. Good Luck I hope everything turns out alright. smile

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 06:49 PM

Sorry to have to seperate posts but is there anyway obvious ways that i would tell if his penis needed amputation? i know i should check with a vet but hes already peed on me a few times...

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 06:55 PM

If its sticking out, The noticeable thing is dry and dis colored. If its still out a vet visit is in order. Urinating on you is not any indication I think. My boy was urinating on me just before T took him home to the vet. HTH
Posted By: Xfilefan

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 07:02 PM

Amputation is ONLY necessary if the tissue turns BLACK (necrotic, or dead). And then, ONLY the dead tissue needs removed into healthy tissue-and not all of the organ. Antibiotics, broad spectrum, for at least two weeks will also be non negotiable at that point, to kill any infection, and keep any more tissue from dying, along with pain meds.

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 07:48 PM

*has to post this just saying that Furf shuttered when reading this post*
Posted By: ValkyrieMome

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 08:13 PM

Well, Furf, try to limit your flossing and everything should be fine.
Posted By: pappy1264

Re: Penis problem - 06/07/07 08:19 PM

shock TOO FUNNY!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL