GliderCENTRAL

Vetericyn

Posted By: Anonymous

Vetericyn - 03/24/11 07:50 PM

Can anyone tell me which one of these Vetericyn product is appropriate to use on gliders? I have a glider with a breeding/dominance wound and I want to try the Vetericyn.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
Vetericyn HydroGel OTC

One-step topical water-based HydroGel spray that cleans wounds, treats infections and kills bacteria including antibiotic-resistant MRSA. Use to treat topical infections and wounds, hot spots, rain rot, outer ear infections, yeast infections and rashes. This steroid-free, antibiotic-free, no-rinse solution is non-toxic and speeds healing. HydroGel is designed to slowly evaporate, there is no need to wipe away film or residue from previous applications. Vetericyn® HydroGel is based on Microcyn technology. Vetericyn HydroGel kills antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria as well as fungi, viruses and spores. An oxychlorine compound similar to that produced by the animal’s immune system, Vetericyn HydroGel will not harm healthy tissue. Being pH neutral, it will not sting. Tests free for competitive animals.
***********************************************************************************************************************************
Vetericyn Wound & Infection

One-step topical spray that cleans wounds, treats infection and kills bacteria including antibiotic-resistant MRSA. Use to treat hot spots, rain rot, outer ear infections, yeast infections and rashes. This steroid-free, antibiotic-free, no-rinse solution is non-toxic and speeds healing. Vetericyn® Wound and Infection Treatment is based on Microcyn® Technology. This revolutionary antimicrobial wound treatment kills antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria as well as fungi, viruses and spores. An oxychlorine compound similar to that produced by the animal’s own immune system, Vetericyn will not harm healthy tissue. Being pH neutral, it will not sting when applied. Tests free for competitive animals.

Re: Vetericyn - 03/24/11 08:13 PM

Karen I would try and get ahold of Teresa (Dancing) as I know she started it's use in the community. Elena (hpyhwn2003) has also used it relatively recently. T's number is in her signatue, Elena's you may need to visit her website to find.
Posted By: girlsquirrels

Re: Vetericyn - 03/24/11 11:37 PM

I use Vetericyn VF ( vet formula) wound and infection treatment. Its a hydrogel spray. IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I am using it on my glider for her dominance wound and it has healed sooo fast. It dries, doesnt make them greasy, and its safe. I have never seen or used anything that has healed something so fast! I love it. Her hair is growing over back over the scar now smile
Posted By: Dancing

Re: Vetericyn - 03/25/11 12:47 AM

What I have (and use) is the Vetericyn VF Wound & Infection.

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 01:57 AM

Thanks ladies. The only Vetericyn I could find was Vetericyn Wound & Infection. Not the VF. I went ahead and bought it anyway. The guy at teh checkout counter said it works great and it helps wounds heal really fast.
My glider removed the scab again today. I already have her separated from her family because they keep grooming her wound. If she doesn't let the wound heal up I will be taking her to the vet to see if it can be stitched up. It isn't deep, but it needs to heal up so no infections can set in.

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 02:49 AM

Spray the Vetericyn on the wound 3-4 times a day (you can't use it too often). Let it heal from the inside out.

The Vetericyn may make the wound look MUCH more red at first. That is the oxygen going to the cells to help them heal. It is normal. If it remains without a scab, the tissue inside will get a granular texture to it (will look almost like pink cottage cheese). Again, perfectly normal and what you want to see.

There shouldn't be any real oozing or bad odor to it.
Posted By: Sherri

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 02:58 AM

Thank you so much Karen for bringing this up. I would have totally forgotten to get some for my first aide kit and possibly for Ivey! smile

Thank you Teresa for explaining what normal and healthy should look like. I know I for one (if I ever have to use it) would have freaked seeing something that looked like pink cottage cheese OR it being red at first.

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 03:00 AM

Quick question, can you use it with out having the vet in an e collar? Its safe for them to digest if they licked it?

Ok, so maybe that was 2 questions. LOL

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Sherri
Quick question, can you use it with out having the vet in an e collar? Its safe for them to digest if they licked it?

Sherri why do you have your vet in an e-collar??? roflmao

Yes it is ok to use in e-collar and it's ok if they lick it. I watched it sprayed directly into a glider's eye with no ill effect, and certainly, with the spray that wide, some must have made it to the mouth. It probly tastes funny anyway but you'd have to ask a glider lol.
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 03:29 AM

I have used it without an ecollar, I'm sure my "vet" was happy I didn't put her in an ecollar. LOL Sorry Sherri I just had too. ROFL And yes they can lick it off without it harming them. As T stated when first applied the area will get pinker and this is actually a good sign. I'll also tell you the stuff is AMAZING! Wounds heal real quick like. It also has the benefit of keeping infection away. Great stuff and my e kit will never be without it again I tell you.

Thanks Dancing for bring it to the attention of the communtiy!

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 03:31 AM

I don't think I've ever seen it in the stores I frequent. Is it carried by the big name Pet stores (Petco, PetSmart, etc)?

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 03:32 AM

Originally Posted By: lovely1inred

Cause my vet works better when she is in an ecollar so she isnt as easily distracted!

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 03:34 AM

Can you tell that Ivey has me distracted?

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 03:34 AM

Thanks Teresa :-)
The granular tissue sounds sort of like proud flesh on a horse, except that proud flesh can hinder a wound from closing up.
I sprayed it on my glider once as soon as I got home this evening and I will spray it on her again before I go to bed tonight.

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 03:36 AM

If you do a google search for Vetericyn, you will be able to go to the website and search for stores that carry it in your area. I got mine at Atwoods. Petco and Petsmart don't carry it in my area.

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 04:20 AM

Karen, this is what my vet gave me when my horse got so badly cut last summer. It is amazing how quickly she healed once we started using it.

Yes, it is safe if ingested and is also safe if they get it in their eyes. (that's one of the things I like best!)

Scarlet Oil is supposed to help heal wounds but is toxic and you don't want the glider to ingest it. Actually, many things we have used in the past or currently use on our pets, we don't want them to ingest. I like that this is safe.

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 04:49 AM

Cause my vet works better when she is in an ecollar so she isnt as easily distracted!

LOL oh good LOL. hug2 I know you're distracted yourself lately but I thought you could use some levity tounge I know you are fretting until Monday, so, I hope I at least got you to smile.
Posted By: reeny

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 05:03 AM

Hi Karen

Here is my thread from when Luna got a mating wound she had surgery but then the wound didn't heal well. The vetericyn work so well. She is completely healed now and expecting two joeys.

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1021662/1
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 09:41 AM

found this for you all to read
http://www.vetericyn.com/veterinarians/

you can find it on amazon too
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vetericyn&x=0&y=0

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 09:59 AM

This gave me the laugh I needed.
hug2 Sherri.

Re: Vetericyn - 03/26/11 01:42 PM

Wow, Reeny! That's amazing!!! My glider's wound never looked as bad as yours, but it does look pretty large after her family groomed the scab off yesterday.
It lookes like the Vetericyn did a great job helping Luna's wound heal quickly!

Re: Vetericyn - 03/27/11 01:53 PM

Update:
My glider is healing up VERY nicely! I love this stuff!!!
Posted By: DCMuffin

Re: Vetericyn - 03/27/11 01:55 PM

clap Excellent news!
Posted By: hpyhwn2003

Re: Vetericyn - 03/27/11 02:06 PM

Keep a close eye Karen because once it starts working "poof" and the wound is gone! No really it starts working right away and you'll notice the edges starting to look like new skin, thin so careful with it, and that just keeps going until the whole wound has new skin, very light pink almost white, then as time goes on the new skin thickens and it begins to look like the rest of her skin. Hair will take a bit longer but not as long as without the vetricyn. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!
Posted By: Gizmogirl

Re: Vetericyn - 03/27/11 05:04 PM

This is wonderful news! jump
Posted By: angelic4296

Re: Vetericyn - 03/28/11 05:06 AM

Great news, miracle drug!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL