GliderCENTRAL

Zephs Eye Was Removed Today :(

Posted By: SarahSuggies

Zephs Eye Was Removed Today :( - 10/09/14 08:27 PM

About three weeks ago I found a lump on Zephyr face right next to his right eye. The very next morning we visited the vet and she began to treat him with antibiotics and drops. during this time the infection reduced considerably but just when I thought we were to the end of the treatment something changed with his eye. Last week the vet examined him and determined the eye had ruptured.

Today, Zeph's eye was removed. The vet did a great job. He has been a champ through out this ordeal. He was a bit upset with the ecollar which almost put me into tears watching him struggle to get it off. After abut 1/2 hour he gave up and curled up in his pouch.

Here are the before and after pictures.

Please say a little prayer that the suggie angels watch over him.

Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Zephs Eye Was Removed Today :( - 10/09/14 09:44 PM

Poor little guy! It's great that you were observant enough to notice the issue as quickly as you did and got vet help right away. hug2
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: Zephs Eye Was Removed Today :( - 10/10/14 04:55 AM

Prayers in progress.
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Zephs Eye Was Removed Today :( - 10/10/14 11:38 AM

Poor little Zephyr frown It's amazing how quickly animals adapt and overcome disabilities like this though. They're nothing like us in that respect. I'm sure your little one is going to be just fine.

Norton33 went thru a similar issue last year around this time. You can read that story here: Leela's Eye Infection & Enucleation
Posted By: terri

Re: Zephs Eye Was Removed Today :( - 10/10/14 12:31 PM

Prayers for a quick recovery
Posted By: Kris_N_Zoe

Re: Zephs Eye Was Removed Today :( - 10/10/14 01:57 PM

Aww poor little baby. hug2 Praying for a speedy recovery! :lshower: mlove :lshower:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL