GliderCENTRAL

slightly dark nose and wheezing

Posted By: Anonymous

slightly dark nose and wheezing - 01/08/07 12:42 AM

I got my girls out today, adn noticed that my momma has a slightly darker nsoe then the others, but only towards the bottom.. Also she seems to be wheezing a little on occasion. Could she have a cold or a respiratory infection?
Posted By: FURBYnGIZMO

Re: slightly dark nose and wheezing - 01/08/07 12:46 AM

Sounds like it may be one or both

A vet should have a look to see if it's either worried

Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: slightly dark nose and wheezing - 01/08/07 12:47 AM

Does her nose stay darker, or does it lighten back up after a few minutes of being out? If it stays dark, then a vet check is in order to make sure she doesn't have a respiratory infection of some sort. However, some gliders do wake up with a darker nose and as they start breathing normally again, it lightens up. Since she is also wheezing some, it would probably be a good idea to get her checked out.
Posted By: the gliders angel

Re: slightly dark nose and wheezing - 01/08/07 03:43 AM

it sounds like respiratory ask the vet to give her a shot of baytril this way it goes directly in the system. have them ck her for hydration. and if it dont improve in 3 days change meds. keep her very warm and an oxygen cage at the vets may be necessary if it gets worse. dont wait to go to the vet. this needs treatment asap.
Posted By: the gliders angel

Re: slightly dark nose and wheezing - 01/08/07 03:44 AM

it sounds like respiratory ask the vet to give her a shot of baytril this way it goes directly in the system. have them ck her for hydration. and if it dont improve in 3 days change meds. keep her very warm and an oxygen cage at the vets may be necessary if it gets worse. dont wait to go to the vet. this needs treatment asap.
Posted By: Xfilefan

Re: slightly dark nose and wheezing - 01/08/07 08:15 AM

I agree that the combination of the two would warrant a vet check-since these can be extremely difficult to pinpoint short of pneumonia or major infection in the head/sinus that will show up on Xray. A shotgun course of a broad spectrum antibiotic for 10 days wouldn't hurt if it can't be ruled out, either.
Posted By: SarahW

Re: slightly dark nose and wheezing - 01/09/07 07:40 AM

I would definitely get her to the vet ASAP just in case. I got my Meeko to the vet the day after I noticed symptoms, and it still wasn't fast enough. Hopefully your glider is doing better than mine was, and she will be ok.
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL