GliderCENTRAL

help!!!

Posted By: CassaWho

help!!! - 05/08/14 06:56 PM

So I came home from work on my lunch break and I find Casanova curled up in the corner of his cage! He has very labored breathing and I have no idea whats wrong! He was fine this morning, he greeted me at his cage where I gave him a treat then went to his pouch for bedtime! He seemed perfect then.
Posted By: yiyo

Re: help!!! - 05/08/14 07:28 PM

You need to get your little one to the vet ASAP. It's very difficult for us to be able to determine what's wrong.

Is he dehydrated? Can you get him to drink water/gatorade?

Re: help!!! - 05/08/14 07:51 PM

Not dehydrated I did the tent test. I dropped him off at the vet but I had to get back to work frown his fecal smear at the vet when I first got him was clean and he was scheduled to be neutered tomorrow. Im so devastated I can't lose him!
Posted By: Jeremy1975

Re: help!!! - 05/09/14 02:57 AM

Update??
Posted By: yiyo

Re: help!!! - 05/09/14 11:55 AM

How's your little one this morning? Did the vet find anything?

Re: help!!! - 05/09/14 01:30 PM

He passed away when I asked the vet why he said they couldn't find anything wrong woth him. Im so upset he was perfect in the morning and it just went down hill quickly. He was getting his cage mate early june and im so upset.
Posted By: Feather

Re: help!!! - 05/09/14 01:48 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.

Having a necropsy done could provide you with some answers.

Glide Free Little Casanova :rbridge:

Re: help!!! - 05/09/14 06:49 PM

I can't afford it not after the vet bills and I myself being in the hospital recently. Now im terrified his would be cage mate will get get sick once I get her.
Posted By: Sherri

Re: help!!! - 05/10/14 01:48 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that he passed. Glide free sweet baby.

Re: help!!! - 05/10/14 02:14 AM

Ive disinfected his cage extremely well. Threw out his old food and made a whole new fresh batch for my new little one. Im not sure what else I can do to prevent what happened to him to my new one.
Posted By: Sweet As Suggies

Re: help!!! - 05/10/14 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: CassaWho
Ive disinfected his cage extremely well. Threw out his old food and made a whole new fresh batch for my new little one. Im not sure what else I can do to prevent what happened to him to my new one.

I'm so sorry to hear about your little one that passed away frown In situations like this when we don't know why he passed it can be scary to think that the next glider may get what he got. Try not to be afraid though...he very well could have had internal issues that have been going on for a very long time without showing symptoms.

I wish you all the best in the future hug2

Re: help!!! - 05/11/14 02:13 AM

Thank you. I just miss him so much already frown
Posted By: Yami305

Re: help!!! - 05/13/14 09:03 PM

I am so sorry... My babies are sick now with what appears to be ICK and it is heart breaking. Not much to do when you don't know the cause. Just hang in there and your next baby will be okay
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL