GliderCENTRAL

My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone.

Posted By: Gliderbuff

My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/14/14 03:09 AM

I have had gliders for many years. I have seen many come into my life to stay or go on to their forever homes.

This is Lida's story.

I had known her for about 6 months when Renee asked me to take in a young, violent, lunging, pit bull biter. we met up for the exchange and out of the TX heat.

From the very first minute I knew Lida, I knew she was a tough one. Renee gave her to me while she held the pouch by the string. Lida started to bite through the fabric before I'd even touched her pouch. I arranged the cages and pouches and had found a place for her to get settled in, a nice, easy cage with lots of room for her. I covered it nicely and gave her a cage set, food, and water.

The next year with her was push and pull. she has always been the one to talk when I bring someone in who's new, letting them know she's "in charge". but usually she'd be too concerned with her mealie to let it keep her too long.

She was 13 years old on April 3rd. She was with us for 8 years. She passed today. I will always feel her pacing in the back of my hair, and chittering to me if she was nervous. We were very close and I showered her with kisses when she passed.

Glide Free little warrior, I'll see you later....
Posted By: JillMarie

Re: My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/14/14 09:21 AM

hug2
Posted By: Terry

Re: My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/14/14 05:25 PM

So sorry for your loss.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/15/14 01:15 AM

hug2
Posted By: KarenE

Re: My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/15/14 03:39 AM

So very sorry.
Posted By: Dreamsuggies

Re: My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/15/14 08:32 PM

hug2
So sorry to hear that..
:rbridge:
Posted By: yiyo

Re: My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/16/14 12:32 PM

hug2 hug2
Posted By: JenK

Re: My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/17/14 08:57 PM

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you.
Posted By: Lunas_mom

Re: My fierce fighter, my Lida is gone. - 06/20/14 12:31 AM

I'm sorry for your loss.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL