GliderCENTRAL

Nala :(

Posted By: Sanctity

Nala :( - 05/09/15 04:38 PM

I found Nala dead in her stump this morning. I thought something was fishy because Tug and Nala wake me up every night but they didnt last night. She had what looked like bone and tissue exposed on her shoulder. I didnt look much. But Tug has no wounds himself so I think she self mutilated... What do yal think? SHould I permanently quarantine Tug? Or save up to try again since theres just no way we can afford another glider baby right now.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Nala :( - 05/09/15 08:18 PM

Tug may have been trying to clean up the area, as they get rid of the body in the wild as not to attract predators.

I am very sorry for your loss, may you find comfort and peace in your memories of her. Glide Free Little Nala :rbridge:
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Nala :( - 05/09/15 10:15 PM

So very sorry hug2

Re: Nala :( - 05/09/15 11:47 PM

I also found a pretty decent size bone in the drop pan. I'm talking to some people right now about their pair and since I know a fair amount they ate giving us a discount thankfully. We ate probably getting a mini colony of 4 for a couple hundred.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Nala :( - 05/10/15 01:16 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss. If you don't know what could have caused her death, maybe Tug should get a check up to make sure he's alright.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Nala :( - 05/10/15 01:11 PM

I agree with Terry, you may want to have Tug checked out. If you plan to add him to a colony, there should be a 30 day quarantine on the new colony, and checked out by a vet too. Especially a fecal on them.

Sorry for your loss, I hope Tug is OK, and things work out.

:rbridge:

Re: Nala :( - 05/16/15 06:56 PM

Vet said hes ok so Im not sure what happened. Im just gonna play with him solo for a while just in case.
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL