GliderCENTRAL

Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor?

Posted By: dapistol

Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/02/17 07:42 PM

Last night my little Zoey was definitely not acting like herself. After a visit to the emergency today, we have been told that she has a mass on top of her abdomen. They're currently doing labs, xrays, and an ultrasound. Needless to say, I'm a mess.

My question to ya'll is, have you all ever had a sugar glider with a tumor? Just a dose of other's experiences would truly help me find some peace right now.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

-Kristel
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/03/17 03:28 AM

I am sorry to say I have not experienced this with my gliders. However I did read a story of one Lord Darcy written by Donna Fritz. The name of the book was "Grey Angels". Just reading someone else's experience was hearfelt.

I am sorry your little is going through this, and I will add you and Zoey in my prayers.

Please keep us posted.
Posted By: Stef333

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/03/17 03:47 PM

I have no experience with tumors, but I'm holding good thoughts for Zoey's recovery!
Posted By: Feather

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/03/17 06:27 PM

Any update on this little one?
Posted By: dapistol

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/03/17 11:27 PM

Quick update on Zoey.

I am sad to say the she passed away last night.

Yesterday she was admitted to Blue Pearl Emergency where blood tests were ran, xrays were done, an ultrasound, and an aspiration of the mass. They called us saying to come pick her up. We brought her home and within hours she was gone; passed away in our arms. The mr said it best:

"Rest in peace to the greatest little glider that jumped from limb to limb. She sure did leave a lasting impression. She definitely had greater plans than being stuck outside all the time. Come to find out she was stuck in our hearts the entire time. Saying we will miss you is quite the understatement."

The dr who saw her called us this morning to express his condolences and verified the mass was cancer of the liver tissue.

Needless to say, we are devastated. Even the dr was shocked to hear about her passing. He said that unfortunately there was nothing that could have been done; that she apparently been suffering for quite some time and hiding her illness.

Now onto her things; I have quite a bit of glider stuff accumulated. Is there any organization I could possibly donate that to? Please let me know.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/03/17 11:30 PM

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss! May you find your little love pain free & gliding happy on the other end of the rainbow.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/04/17 12:12 AM

:sorry: :hbreak:

Glide free liitle one! :rbridge:
Posted By: Feather

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/04/17 12:15 AM

I am very sorry for your loss. May you find peace and comfort in your memories of her.

Glide Free Little Zoey :rbridge:
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/04/17 12:36 AM

So very sorry hug2
Posted By: Stef333

Re: Anyone ever have a glider with a tumor? - 02/04/17 04:00 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this! Thank you for sharing your husband's beautiful words about Zoey. My condolences. frown
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL