GliderCENTRAL

Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die

Posted By: Terry

Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/26/18 09:09 PM

Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die. I did all I could do, she just couldn't be saved, I tried. She will be with Lulu now, and they will watch over you together.

R.I.P. Skadoosh, glide free with Lulu, in my life 2-28-2012 to 3-26-2018
Posted By: Hydrus

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/26/18 10:44 PM

I'm so sorry frown
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/26/18 11:14 PM

Terry, no one doubts for a second you did all you possibly for Skadoosh. I am so very sorry hug2

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/27/18 12:04 AM

Thank you guys. It's been a rough couple of days.

I reduced down to one feeding station for f/v, didn't see the need to use two dishes. It's kind of ironic that Ollie was the reason why there were two f/v stations, now he gets one all to himself. I'm sure it's very lonely for him.

We had some pouch time earlier today, I cleaned the cage and have been checking in on him periodically. I'm thinking ill try Moore pouch time this evening, between his meals.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/27/18 12:35 AM

Terry,

I am so very sorry for your loss. May you find comfort and peace in your memories of Skadoosh.

Glide Free Little Skadoosh :rbridge:

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/27/18 02:27 AM

Thank you.
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/27/18 11:56 AM

Terry, I'm so sorry for your loss.
I waited till this morning hoping for words of inspiration to share. My mind and heart are full of greif for you and Ollie. All I have is a hug2

TCMF, I'm here for you.

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/27/18 03:29 PM

Thank you Dawn, everyone's words of support mean the world to me in this time of deep sorrow. Believe me, I am gathering thoughts, sorting through options, but most importantly giving Ollie and myself some time. During this time I am watching out for him as best that I can. I'm observing his eating, sleeping, and potty habits closely.

Last evening, actually kind of later in the evening, after 9, Ollie was on the plank at the top door. He wanted to come out. He hasn't, neither of them had asked since Skadoosh's illness. He did hop onto my arm, climbed up to my shoulder. He sat there a few seconds and then looked above the cage. I moved my elbow up to the top and he scampered right onto the playground. He sniffed and moved all around the playground and it appeared to me he was tracking Skadoosh. I did manage to get the cage very clean yesterday, but didn't get to the playground. I figured I could do it this weekend.

Ollie slept tucked in his pouch with the stinky hedgehog (fleece hedgehog that has all of the trio's scent on it) and a fleece blankie with my scent on it. I am planning on some pouch time each evening when I'm home from work, but today I'll have a little extra time since I'm home sick, although I need to get some rest.
Posted By: Hutch

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/27/18 06:53 PM

I'm so, so very sorry to hear that Skadoosh has moved to join Lulu. My heart hurts for you & Ollie. As much as I'll miss the stories of her, I am certain it pales you how much you'll miss living those stories with her. May you find comfort in your memories.

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/27/18 07:53 PM

Thank you Hutch. I still haven't stopped missing my Lulu, and now it's Skadoosh gone.
Posted By: Claralice

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/27/18 10:21 PM

So very sad! Things seemed to be going better, things seemed hopeful-poor Ollie. Poor you. I am sad for you both.

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/28/18 02:42 AM

Thank you Claralice. I was surprised and heartbroken when I saw my Skadoosh back in that state again, perhaps worse even.

I've been feeling like I've been stretching myself thin with them while taking care of my mother, a duty that I hold practically sacred. My moms health is improving, she is more mobile and needs less assistance, but still cannot be left alone for more the short periods of time day and night. She can still be weak and shaky, have blood sugar drops and memory lapses along with confusion. Not to mention always a risk of falling. Anyways, I'm trying to adapt to routine that would allow more time spent in the evening with my Ollie now, I feel that had I been more attentive, I maybe could have seen Skadoosh backsliding sooner. Friday night she was fine, Saturday night I was in my room, but had started with this upper respiratory bug, so went to bed early and spent Sunday for the most part in bed. I wish I had checked sooner.

I've learned that it's critical to spend quality & quantity, daily time with suggies, I mean more than basic care and quick check-ins. I used to feel that it was okay when daily schedule and routine became chaotic, that basic needs and short visits would be enough. I don't feel that way anymore. We got to be involved with them better than that. So that we can see things wrong, before it's too late.

I have a little more time available in the evenings, but not much, I have to make every day time for my lil guy.
Posted By: kidqwik

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/29/18 10:49 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. frown

Re: Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die - 03/31/18 08:53 AM

Thank you.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL