GliderCENTRAL

Grinch is Gone

Posted By: theresaw

Grinch is Gone - 02/24/22 11:26 PM

I lost my beautiful glider "Grinch" two weeks ago. He was only 5 years old. It began in September when he started to lose weight. We did bloodwork, xrays, and and ultrasound. Nothing remarkable except slightly elevated liver values. We started two different antibiotics and a liver supplement but he continued to lose weight. After a few weeks he developed a head tilt and lost sight and feeling in one side of his face. We stopped the initial meds and started a high dose of steroids. He remained active and was eating well but continued to lose weight. His last week he started to do some choking, gagging episodes which started to increase in frequency. His last day he wouldn't eat for me, was very restless and couldn't settle. He then started to have some labored breathing so I had to let him go. He was euthanized and his necropsy showed a tumor along his jaw which extended down his neck and behind his eye. He also had a tumor in his abdomen. The tumor in his neck was pressing on his esophagus and caused him to have aspiration pneumonia. He was such a brave little fighter and I miss him so much. Theresa

Attached picture Grinch May 2017 small.jpg
Posted By: Feather

Re: Grinch is Gone - 03/03/22 04:34 AM

I am very sorry for your loss. May you find comfort and peace in your memories of him.

Glide Free Little Grinch :rbridge:
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Grinch is Gone - 03/05/22 02:02 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Glide free Mr Grinch :rbridge:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL