GliderCENTRAL

My poor bear

Posted By: Anonymous

My poor bear - 10/27/08 04:31 PM

Three weeks ago I purchased a supposed "bonded pair" ... Two nights ago my male died... I have never been more devastated! I don't know what could have happened! I have taken his body to a vet and they think that it could have been malnutrition but most likely it was a preexisting condition. Now my little girl will not be a mommy and I have lost someone so precious to me! I would have gladly taken in a sick glider just to make its last days a bit better but it isn't fair to allow me to get attached and have him jerked away from me. i WISH i knew what happened, I followed everything they said to do, but the vet thinks they weren't fed enough. I am so upset because I followed the eating regiment exactly from what the supposed expert handler gave me....... I wish I has followed my gut and changed the diet but he said it wasn't safe....not fair. For now I must worry about her. I have gotten her checked out and she seems to be in great health. How can someone do this? I'm going to miss him so much.
So for now I am just trying to give her all the attention in the world and help her get over losing her buddy. I am currently searching for another addition to our family, I am allergic to dogs and cats so suggies are so perfect for me. I will probably wait a little while before getting another one, I dont know how I can replace him. I hope she will be ok ...any advice for a grieving suggie is greatly appriciated , oh not to mention a grieving owner!!!
awwwwwww i miss him.

---Alexandria
Now only mommy to one frown
But missing bear more than anything!
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: SugarGliders RUS - 10/28/08 10:39 AM

Losing a glider for any reason is very hard, but when you know the reason was because of poor information giving through negligence on the part of the breeder, that makes it so much harder cry I'm so very sorry for your loss cry Please don't blame yourself. You have now found one of the best resources for accurate, up-to-date information on gliders and we are glad to have you here hug2 hug2 hug2

To help your glider during this grieving process, you will need to keep her with you as much as possible until you are able to find her a new companion. Don't forget that when you do get a new glider, you will need to bring him/her in to the vet right away for a Wellness Exam and then will need to quarantine the new glider for 30 days in a completely different room from your little girl. After the 30 days, bring the new glider back to the vet for a follow-up exam to make sure nothing has developed that would require further quarantine before introducing them. At that point you can begin the introduction process. There are many good tips on safely introducing gliders in the Bonding & Relations forum here on GC...
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: SugarGliders RUS - 10/28/08 08:35 PM

update: Muffin is asleep right on my chest...Being cuddly!!! I am literally in tears I'm so excited! Thanks so much for everyones help!!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL