GliderCENTRAL

rejected joey

Posted By: Anonymous

rejected joey - 03/11/08 05:48 AM

I just went to check on the joeys like every other night mom was out with on and the other was alone in the pouch when I picked him I knew something was wrong he's cold barely crying and his little belly is empy.. I'm currently trying to heat him up so I can feed him... any advice would be great... I've never done this before and I'm panicking a little bit
Posted By: BeckiT

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 05:50 AM

Please read Suz's page here: http://www.suzsugargliders.com/handraisingajoey.htm

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 05:51 AM

you can also call her if you need help:
For Rejected Joey OR Health Emergencies, you can contact me 24/7 at 440-953-0904 (home) OR 440-520-4799 (cell)

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 05:54 AM

I've actually already pulled it up and read it before I today luckily recieve my booster's milk from suz.. I was ordering just in case.. I'm just having a hard time even getting him warm and I don't have a cathetar just a regular medicine dropper

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 05:56 AM

also he isn't quite a week oop yet so very small still

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 06:00 AM

your best bet is going to be to call Suz - she honestly does not mind you calling her NOW to help that baby!

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 06:04 AM

he's dead... I cant believe it he just died
Posted By: ssdreamsicles

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 06:07 AM

im so sorry hun. You did all you could. Is there another joey? If so watch closly for signs of rejection.

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 06:09 AM

there is another joey... she seems to be doing fine with it... I'm just so crushed I wish I would have found him sooner.

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 06:13 AM

I'm so sorry you lost him hug2

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 06:23 AM

im sorry for your loss.. hug2
Posted By: GliderGuy93

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 11:00 AM

I am so sorry. You didn't have much reaction time, and you did all you could. hug2
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 11:44 AM

I'm so very sorry that he didn't make it cry From the condition you described him as being in when you found him, it was really already too late for him frown Please know that you did ALL that you could for him and at least he passed away knowing that he was loved heart Many hugs to you as you grieve hug2 hug2 hug2 Please don't hesitate to call me if you need me for anything with the surviving joey.

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 03:48 PM

i to know the pain you are in, my mama rejected the little girl by throwing her out of the hanging pouch, so I warmed her up, and tried putting her back in. Mama seemed to respond to her, so I figured everything is okay. But when my daughter got home she was out again. this time there was no saving her. Than mama rejected the baby boy, so needless to say, he is in my bra here at work as I fight for him.
Posted By: Feather

Re: rejected joey - 03/11/08 10:15 PM

Oh my how terrible. I am so sorry you were not able to save the little soul.

Babys are precious.

Deepest Sympathy
Posted By: kthiessen

Re: rejected joey - 03/12/08 03:54 AM

I'm so sorry! hug2

Re: rejected joey - 03/12/08 04:23 AM

Thanks so much everybody... I'm still honestly just shocked.. it happened so quick, I wish I could have done something more... my husband made alittle casket w/ his name on it and buried him tonight... my daughters were sooo sad.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL