GliderCENTRAL

HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do!

Posted By: sweetbabies

HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 05:59 AM

Well first my brother had a colony of three suggies and one ip joey. He also has a skunk chinchillas and hedgehogs. He woke up monday morning and found one of his chinchillas had passed on. He then left for work and called me about two hours later to check on the animals .What i found next will be forever inbedded in my memory. Three more chinchillas had died ,His skunk was dying on the floor next to me and I walked to his suggie cage to find all three suggies on the cage floor dead anad the baby joey struggling cold. I did what I could for the little one he only weighed 3.9 grams I had only had rejected joey kit and that was a spir of the moment purchase just in case my two females rejected theres for some reason it was a just in case kind of thing. I tried so hard I have been up for fifty three hours straight as of now.I lost the little one after a little over two days tonight. I cant get the picture of him or the rest of them out of my mind. I am litterally going insane and I keep checking my suggies thinking im going to find a cold struggling joey.This is my first time ever having joeys and I have only had my gliders for less then a year. I know they are healthy and happy. I have heard so many stories about abandoned or rejected joeys and thats enough to scare someone silly but with it being so close to them being oop and what justt happened Im even more scared then before. I know that what happened with my brothers animals was a freak accident and I know I did everything I could .I did save the remainding two chins and The skunk. They are doing alot better but are still not right. I could only think of one thing that could have happened in that house that morning and I thought maybe it was a carbon monoxide leak and it was. I went out and bought a detector for every floor in my home. I am so very sad and I dont want to keep visualizing these things in my mind but i cant help it. My biggest concern now are my babies and like I said I keep thinking something horrible is going to happen to them. I know its normal to grieve but I feel like im going crazy. Please if anyone has some suggestions or anything to help I need it.I have never seen a dead animal nevermind so many and I have never held such a precious tiny life thats only chance of survival was me and I failed.
Posted By: LSardou

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 06:29 AM

I'm so sorry that you had to experience this sweetie. Please find it in your heart to know that you were there as their guiding light. Without your love and presence their passing would have been empty.
It will be hard to put this aside, but please, for the sake of your babies, try and stay focused in the positive light of things.
You sound like a very compassionate person, and one of which any precious animal would be fortunate to have as their care taker.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, and for all the little ones who have moved forward.

God speed precious ones. :rbridge:
Posted By: eterrell84

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 01:23 PM

oh no! Im really sorry about that! How aweful!!! out of the ones who didnt make it, please remember that you DID save 3 of them! Without you they wouldnt have made it either! Please get some much deserved rest, and maybe youll feel better in a day or two. if you need any support we are all here for you! write me if you need to okay! once again, im really sorry!!!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 03:32 PM

I'm so sorry you had to experience such a horrifying reality. I can't imagine how you feel, but hopefully some much needed sleep will help a bit.
I know what images you have to deal with and can't get rid of. I've recently experienced a similiar situation, on a lesser scale. It was one baby glider. but, very hard to get that image out of my head none the less.
At least you found the cause and took the steps to avoid that ever happening in your home.
When you ask for suggestions or advice on how to move on or start to feel better, the only thing that has helped me is by visiting this site once or twice a day. I've been here not even a week, but really have found genuine compassion for our loss, and therefore comfort.
Hang in there.

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 03:53 PM

I am so sorry you had such a sad and horrifying experience. And like eterrell84 said, you saved 3 little lifes. Take some time to yourself. Rest, relax, cuddle your suggie babies and take comfort that the members here on GC will be here to give you support if/when you need it. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Glide free little ones :rbridge:
Posted By: tammyangel

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 04:15 PM

This is awful sorry for your brothers loss.
Posted By: Feather

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 04:15 PM

What a terrible experience. It is sad that most of the pets passed away. In a way their passing saved your brothers life. It is a blessing that the carbon monoxide didn't make him sick also.

Your caring helped the ones that survived, don't knock yourself down because you were unable to save the little joey, what matters is that you tried. God must have needed him over the Rainbow Bridge.

All of the babies that passed on are frolicing free and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge.

Play Free little ones :rbridge:
Posted By: B19

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 04:20 PM

I am SO Sorry for your loss! I can't imagine what you must be going through. After reading this, I think I'm going to go out and buy some carbon monoxide detectors to be on the safe side. If you need anything or someone to talk to don't hesitate to PM me... hug2
Posted By: Bozeman

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/06/10 05:39 PM

Really sad.

Glide free...
Posted By: ozzi

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/08/10 02:30 AM

cry cry cry
I am so very sorry...

Re: HELP I'm a mess and don't know what to do! - 01/08/10 03:00 AM

Wow...sweety...you saved those little babies...you are a hero.

Now, the one thing you need is sleep because after over 30 hours of NO sleep your brain cells start to break down...make yourself sleep, you need to stay healthy to care for yourself to be able to care for the babies you saved and your own babies.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL