GliderCENTRAL

So there I was . . .

Posted By: Anonymous

So there I was . . . - 12/22/08 08:23 PM

. . . in the middle of Barnes and Noble, when a man who had been staring for some time asks, "What is that?" "He is a yellow lab. He is a service dog and he helps me be picking stuff up for me and pulling me in my wheelchair" I replied. "No" said the man, "not the dog, what is that white thing crawling around on your backpack?" I immediately reached behind me, only to have Sally jump off of my backpack and start running down the aisle in the middle of Barnes and Noble.

After tossing the man my dog's leash, I set out after Sally. Luckily I was able to catch her pretty easily, but about had a heart attack imaging all of the possible outcomes. When I took her pouch out of my backpack, I realized that the zipper, while completely zipped, had "split" and come open. Thankfully her mate was still in the pouch, oblivious to the events happening around him.

There is no real moral to this story, but I do recommend continual checking of zippers on pouches, and keeping an extra zipper pouch with you in case of emergency. I will also never again use my SGGA grey pouch (received this summer at the Tulsa SGGA) that I used to love so much. I highly recommend "double pouching" to anyone that is inclined to continue using the SGGA pouch after reading this story.
Posted By: sugarglidersuz

Re: So there I was . . . - 01/05/09 11:18 AM

Cindy,
Sorry I didn't see this awaiting approval before now. I'm so glad your experience turned out well and that you were able to get Sally back. I had to stop using zipper bonding pouches a long time ago because my gliders figured out how to unzip them from inside the pouch blush Sometimes we just need these heads-up reminders that our gliders are true escape artists laugh
© 2021 GliderCENTRAL