by KarenE
3 minutes 46 seconds ago
Intact Male with Neutered Male -- Help!
by glider_b
11 minutes 42 seconds ago
Glider Vomiting
by Nejwig
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Seeking loving home for 2 gliders (male & female)
by Hutch
Yesterday at 12:34 PM
Sick glider- post surgery decline
by Firefly
Yesterday at 11:03 AM
Travel/side cage
by Alan
Yesterday at 10:28 AM
Name Change
by KarenE
Yesterday at 08:48 AM
the second round
by mechnut450
Yesterday at 06:54 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

07/22/17 01:04 AM Travel

New mom and grandma here! We just welcomed home our babies a week ago! All is going well and just had play time tonight in the spare bedroom with the whole family (3 of us ) It was the best ever! My question is, we will be leaving in 2 weeks for a 3 week trip in the motorhome, our two little ones will be going with us with our two little dogs. Is there anything extra I need to be thinking of to make our trip a success? I packed a big portable kennel for the dogs to put them up so we can have free time with the suggies. I Can pack frozen food in the freezer and their normal cage (until our bigger one gets here ) but any other travel advice would be great!

139 Views · 4 Comments
07/21/17 05:49 PM Hi everyone!!!

Hi everyone!! My boyfriend Zach and I recently became proud parents of a little standard gray boy Roux and a lovely little lady Aspen, who's a white faced blonde. Everyone on this forum seems so knowledgeable and nice!! I'd really appreciate any advice or info anyone would like to share. We've only had them for about 5 weeks and I feel like one of those crazy first time mom's that over researches everything, buys too much, and and... well I'm TERRIFIED my babies won't bind with me.. amongst a million other things like omg have did zach leave the toilet seat up etc

215 Views · 10 Comments
07/20/17 09:00 PM Not new, But it's great to be back

I'm not new, But it's great to be back. I have had my gliders two years now. I have prtmo, Prayer, And a bb, Fayth and their daughter a bbmo, Suri ( Aka: Bug ) And two new baby twin boys whom will be leaving me August 28, To go home with their new mommy Avery Kirby.

139 Views · 2 Comments
07/09/17 08:52 PM Considering getting a glider, any advice?

So I am considering getting a glider, it will be a fair bit of time before I am serious about getting one as I am caring for a family member, and don't want to stress him with a new pet.

At the end of the year though I am planning on getting my own place and am wanting a pet. In the past I've had all manner of animals from cats, dogs to rabbits, ferrets, rats, and hamsters. Most of the places I am looking do not allow cats/dogs but seem fine with small animals so I was at first considering a rat or hamster. Though so many small animals seem to have such short life spans, I cant stand to lose my pets so soon.

A friend suggested sugar gliders to me because they are small and long lived, plus they're nocturnal like so many of my family members say I am (my bed time tends to be 6am)

Anyways I am rambling (sorry) so the main things I want to ask are.
1) Can older homeless gliders still bond with someone new.
2) What sort of health issues should I expect.
3) What sort of exercise/play activity do they need
4) How much out of cage time is best? (most people seem to just have the gliders hanging on them)
5) Any suggestions on what sort of diet is best for them? (Lot of controversy in that area)
6) How loud is the bark, and how bad is the bite? (I've been badly bitten by big animals but bites from small animals tend to worry me most because I've never been bitten by my ferrets, rats or hamsters before. So I am unsure what to expect.)
7) If I do get a glider, where would be the best place in the Clearwater/Tampa Florida area be? I see a lot of people on craigslist, but I've never been a fan of Quick Buck Breeders.

233 Views · 3 Comments
07/07/17 09:21 PM New Sugar Glider Parents

My long-term girlfriend and I just picked up our female sugar glider a few hours ago. She will mainly belong to my significant other so she will be doing the majority of the bonding. So far so good, but just thought I'd share some of my experience so far to get a gauge on if we're doing things right based on the community census.

We purchased the joey from a local, reputable breeder that is associated with a veterinarian. She seems to be very healthy and full of life. We have both done tons of research (books, legitimate websites and videos, previous/current owners) and are continually doing so, but actually having the creature is somewhat terrifying (I imagine it's similar to parents reading baby books the actually having the monster)

First of all, the breeder has some interesting methods that differ from most of what I've read. The lady seems genuinely knowledgeable, has a great reputation, and seems very passionate about what she does. However, in most of my research I've found that it's best to leave the glider pretty much alone in the cage to acclimate to its new environment for a few days. The breeder, on the other hand, insists we don't even set up the cage yet, and instead keep the joey in her pouch for two days and feed her by hand. She claims this will help jumpstart the bonding process.

My issue is that when we have attempted to feed her, she is very reluctant to do so. The one time we have tried she was crabbing like a demon and only took one swallow of the formula. We figured she was getting too stressed so we stopped, planning to try again in an hour or so. I have read that light eating the first few days is normal, but I can't help but to be concerned about this seemingly radical method.

Our sweet little joey has also been crabbing randomly while in the pouch (which has been on my girlfriends neck constantly) Sometimes it seems like it may be due to a sound or movement she doesn't like, but other times completely random. Again, I've read that excessive crabbing is normal initially, but I am what you call a "worrier"

Any input would be greatly appreciated, even if it's simply "stop worrying" or "you're totally screwing up." Otherwise, I look forward to helping my girlfriend with this experience and am glad I have found a competent community to voice my questions and concerns. Thank you for your time.

2239 Views · 79 Comments
07/06/17 05:22 AM New mommy need help!!!

Hello to all of you!!! So I have decided to purchase a sugar glider and will be getting it today at 1 Pm, I have done my research on them and have decided that I will feed him gliders complete and will provide Exotic Nutrition's Instant-HPW, and then after he's done eating that I'd give it a slice of a fruit with rep-cal sprinkled on top, he will also have yogurt drops as a treat for training , but I'm afraid that I wont be giving it enough calcium or vitamins or proteins, so if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Also since I had to order the HPW and the gliders control and yogurt drop, I will for the first few days feed him vita smart with a bit more fruits and of course the calcium sprinkled on top, but I needed to know I'd feeding him that for the first few days is good, and I also read somewhere that changing up what he's eating could be very stressful for the glider so I was wondering if feed him the vita smart for a few days and then changing it would cause any stress to him or make him feel bad in any ways
Any help Is gladly appreciated!!!

428 Views · 13 Comments
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
5 registered (KarenE, Ittermat, sugarfluff, glider_b, Ladymagyver), 21 Guests and 64 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
PomMom, Smleddy, Firefly, stupidapples, MommyMack
6286 Registered Users
Forum Stats
22 posts in the last 24hrs
6286 Members
134 Forums
8774 Topics
146679 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics
Glider breaks zipper on bonding pouch-
by Ittermat
Yesterday at 09:36 PM
Curious Harness question-
by Ittermat
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Stunning Little Black Beauty Male Joey!
by JanetGlider
07/24/17 09:01 PM
Gorgeous Twin Males Looking for Their Forever Home!
by JanetGlider
07/24/17 08:48 PM
Seeking loving home for 2 gliders (male & female)
by lilniffa
07/24/17 01:44 PM
Embarking on a return Voyage to Pirate's Cove
by Terry
07/23/17 06:54 PM
Photobucket Fiasco?
by Terry
07/23/17 06:33 PM
Sick glider- post surgery decline
by Firefly
07/23/17 11:29 AM
Help!! Plastic digestiom