More coming soon!!
Today's Birthdays
Bobbie_Jo, Flames, Lynsie, MegThor11
Featured Member
Last 10 Posts
Sum-up Your Day, with Smilies
by Feather
0 seconds ago
Hey Lynsie a little birdie told me..................

by Terry
39 minutes 49 seconds ago
Vote For Feather's Joey Name
by Hutch
Today at 12:47 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 6
by Hutch
Today at 12:40 PM
Make it Fun!
by GliderNursery
Today at 12:28 PM
Shelf life on freeze dried salad
by GliderNursery
Today at 12:24 PM
Burned fur
by KarenE
Today at 10:25 AM
Round 3 the swelling starts
by Terry
Today at 03:02 AM
Another Prolapsed cloaca
by JenK
Yesterday at 07:38 PM
Minnesota Vets
by Feather
Yesterday at 04:51 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

02/13/18 03:53 PM Hey, New Here!

Hey everyone!
Just thought I would stop in and say hi, just signed up for the forums.

So the reason I'm here is my Leucistic Sugar Glider, Eevee smile She is a little girl that I rescued from a shelter and am working on gaining her trust, we've come leaps and bounds since she first came to me and tent time is our favorite!

I do have an instagram account for her where I upload pictures and video pretty much daily so feel free to check her out at: Instagram

Thanks for having me!

206 Views · 6 Comments
02/10/18 10:30 PM Greetings from Pensacola (logged in this time)

Hi everyone!

Finally decided to create an account instead of lurking and wanted to introduce myself!

At the moment I have 6 with a seventh coming out of pouch within the next week or so! I've been a sugar glider guy for a long time and never leave the house without at least 1 or 3 and am moderately well known for it lol. I have a male Leucistic, a breeding pair of Mosaic Ringtails, 1 female standard, 1 female cremino and 1 whiteface.

I got my first sugar because I travel for business all over the country, driving from city to city sometimes 5k miles a month. After a couple years of mostly being on my own on the road I found myself pretty lonely and since I had some when I was a teenager I knew a gliderbaby would be the best little travel companion I could ask for and I picked up my female standard named Mercy. I've had at least 1 glider somewhere in my pockets or a pouch on me ever since lol.

I as most others have made mistakes but as we all know these little guys provide one of the most rewarding companionship experiences one can have and I'm happy to start contributing and chatting. If theres anyone within a few hundred miles my area that needs assistance I am happy to alter my routes and provide baby transport, as well as help out anyone else with questions about what being a road warrior with sugar gliders is like smile

TLDR: HI I LOVE MY SUGAR GLIDERS, I"M FRIENDLY AND I LIKE TO DRIVE A LOT :D

Also, disregard the anonymous post, clicked sign-in instead of verify in the email because they are in a weird order and i didnt read it lol

219 Views · 6 Comments
02/09/18 05:30 PM New Forum Opened

A new Sub Forum has been opened in Special Events for the OSGA Gathering in April.

You will find it Here.

The forum will be used solely for starting new or posting in already existing topics (by anyone) relating to this gathering. It can be about roommate needed, ride shares, transporting (NOT selling) gliders or anything else that pertains exclusively to the OSGA.

Shelly will also post updates or new information as needed.

173 Views · 1 Comments
01/21/18 08:26 PM New lady from the swamps!

Hey yall! I'm new here and figure why not introduce myself! My name is Jessica. I'm a homemaker, which is just a pretty way of saying I stay at home why the hubby runs off and works. I have a daughter who is one named Jaina. I also have a little sugar glider named Day. In my spare time I like to crochet and make things our of yarn. So I started making some sugar glider things and signed up for the site so I could talk to other sugar glider craft makers and of course, to get to know other sugar glider lovers!

We haven't had our glider for very long. Just about a month now but she's doing really well on the bonding. The only time she screams at me if when I wake her up during the day lol. I like to spoil my little glider with lots of toys and love! Right now she's the only one we have because she was a gift to us for Christmas but when we have the money, we plan to get another young girl to join her!

Anyways, I think that's all for now! Thanks for letting me join and I hope to meet you all!

394 Views · 11 Comments
12/29/17 09:14 AM Researching before I adopt

Hello all! wave
My husband and I are interested in adopting a pair of gliders. Before we do however we want to learn all there is to know so we are well prepared before diving in. I have a ton of questions and any advice is welcome!

1. I found a cage on Amazon that is wrought iron and quite a few reviewers say their gliders love it. Are wrought iron cages good to use for gliders? It's 30x18x72 (very tall).

2. I was raised around caring for and raising birds. As such there are specific toys that they cannot have. Are there any toys I should steer clear of when getting playthings for my gliders? (I plan to have everything ready beforehand)

3. When cage cleaning what is best recommend for cleaning cage, toys, and pouches? (What cleaners)

4. What fruits/vegetables/foods should I stay away from when it comes to their diet? My husband wants to do premade mixes but I would like to mix my own here and there for extra variety.

5. Concerning holes- our living room is made of plank-board walls, old house. I plan to seal any cracks but what should be my main focus size-wise to keep them from getting stuck in or behind the wall/under doors.

6. How/what should be used when bathing them? (Assuming they get some sort of bath/cleaning)

7. For the emergency medical kit what supplies should I always keep on hand to be prepared in case something happens until I get them to a vet.

8. Watering - is there a specific size/type/brand of water dispenser to use for them? Also what water is best? Would a purifier on the sink work or would it be recommended to buy purified bottled water (especially in the odd chance our water is shut off)

So far this is all I can think of. I've done tons of research but find varying answers. I know a lot is dependant on your glider and the breeder but I would like to have a good handle on basics beforehand and easily adjust afterwards.

All advice is welcome, sorry for the long post!!

968 Views · 17 Comments
12/15/17 05:12 PM Hi! I need some help

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I had a pair of sugargliders, but one of them passed away two days ago. Now, I have a single 14yr old male who is blind. He finally started eating again, before he was so depressed he wouldn't even taste his favorite treats. However, now he only sleeps, nibbles on his food, and runs. He doesn't want to leave his cage or even the pouch for the most part. The first day after Princess died he wouldn't leave me at all. What can I do for him? Would trying to find another senior glider be good for him? I don't know if he's too old to accept another, or if there is such a thing as too old in the glider world.

743 Views · 9 Comments
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
4 registered (Feather, Hutch, Terry, georgina), 16 Guests and 60 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
Thnks4allthefish, Janicewalters63, Hydrus, georgina, _Alice_
6515 Registered Users
Forum Stats
36 posts in the last 24hrs
6516 Members
135 Forums
9168 Topics
150286 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics
Hey Lynsie a little birdie told me..................

by Feather
Today at 08:02 AM
Sum-up Your Day, with Smilies
by Terry
Today at 03:26 AM
Burned fur
by kiev44
Yesterday at 07:11 PM
Minnesota Vets
by Hydrus
Yesterday at 12:59 PM
diet question for research