02/21/17 08:14 AM
Critter LoveŽ
by Srlb
02/21/17 08:06 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

02/15/17 03:45 AM A little Concerned

I have had my suggie almost two weeks now and I have made his cage very comfortable for him to be in and now it's like he doesn't want to come out. He doesn't go into his bonding pouch anymore but we play in his cage together before and after I come home. I had to take his sleeper pouch out the cage to bind with him. He always seems so busy in his cage. I have been working on hand movements with him and he is not so jumpy only really when he wakes up and the biting has Stopped. When we have bonding time sometimes he is a little crabby for a bout 3-5seconds and then it stops but I just find it quite strange he doesn't want to come out his cage.

I am also looking for a good website to order multivitamins, calcium, treats, and toys for my him. Any recommendations?

211 Views · 3 Comments
02/11/17 03:32 AM New mommy

I just recently adopted a male suggie that's 2 months out the pouch. He seemed to be taking to at first but then he escaped his cage a few times and now all he seems like he wants to do is escape and roam around. He seems frighten by me but he does sometimes let me pet him and crawls on my hand. I have only had him a week and he is not nuetured. He also showed some strange behavior when my boyfriend came over and he started to mark territory. He likes to try n bite me sometimes and sometimes it's soft other times it's a little hard but he hasn't broke the skin. He eats just fine and is very active around the times that he likes to play. He is not so crabby as to the first day I got him. I'm still a little lost as too how to go about bonding with him because he no longer likes to get in his pouch but when he is in there he balls up and just sleeps until he is hungry.

394 Views · 15 Comments
02/07/17 08:35 AM New Glider Mommy!

Hi everyone! I'm Jennifer, I am currently living in Indiana and I am a new Glider mommy.
:yes: I got Sake on January 7th, he was 9 weeks old! I am enjoying every moment with him! I'm still bonding with him and learning all his adorable noises, habits, likes/dislikes!
I just wanted to introduce my self and say hi to everyone!

191 Views · 4 Comments
02/01/17 10:24 AM Bathroom Habits/Potty training

Hello,

I am looking into owning two female sugar gliders. I did a lot of research online and read that they can be potty trained. After reading some of the forums It says that they actually can NOT be trained. I watched a video of someone wiping their gliders behind to stimulate them going to the bathroom right as they took them out of their cage. They said that since they go to the bathroom right as they come out, they don't go to the bathroom when there are playing with them. Does anyone have any comments about this, or any suggestions at all? I really want to get them and I don't mind if they have a couple of accidents on me, I just don't want them to pee or poop all over my room, on my bed, carpet, (etc.)

272 Views · 3 Comments
01/31/17 09:15 PM Noise at Night

Hello everyone.

I am looking into owning 2 female gliders. I am a college student so I still live at home with my parents. I did all my research, but my only concern is how noisy they are/can be at night. I would keep them in my bedroom. Their noises wouldn't really bother me, but I wouldn't want them disturbing my parents or younger sister who are next door and down the hall. I read several posts online and some say they are really loud and others say they are quiet. I was just wondering how your gliders are at night?

Thank you for your help!

232 Views · 2 Comments
01/29/17 09:43 AM New mommy of 2/3 year old SG

Hi all! So our family had been looking at adding a pair of sugar gliders to our furry-loving family...doing our research, talking with owners in our area, and POURING over this site as it gives so much great info from experienced owners. I feel like I have learned as much as a person can thru only reading/talking but no actual experience, and felt like we might be ready to adopt a bonded pair into our family. And then comes a post on our local SG FB group posted by a member-she is posting for a girl looking to re-home her male non-neutered sugar glider....but must be willing to pay to adopt him and drive to her to pick up. She went to college and left him to her dad to take care of...who more than likely wasn't feeding him a proper diet (mostly apples it sounds like) AND he had just lost his mate. She thought he was 2-3 years old, and she had no lineage/breeder info. Anyway, I kept watch on the post to see how the poor guy faired, and it seemed no one was willing/or was just not able to drive to get him along with paying his re-homing fee. I messaged the poster and find out that the girl is talking about having him put to sleep! :tant2: So being the animal softie that I am, we jumped in headfirst...and drove to get him yesterday afternoon. I purchased her large cage from her and what little accessories she had and we got him home and settled in. Yesterday afternoon before I picked him up, I purchased all the stuff for BML diet and had my husband get it prepared while we took off to bring him home. Got his home set up in my room so I can monitor him/restrict access of our other fur-babies....when I put him in he set off exploring right away. I put out his food/water for him and after a bit we left him alone to acclimate and all went to bed (it was 11:30 at night). By morning EVERY bit of the food was gone and he was awake and kept coming over to the side of the cage looking at me like he was hoping I would bring him more food. So I gave him a couple of mealworms, and when he still kept coming over to me, a couple blueberries, a cherry and a bit of banana. Being new to this, I can't tell if he has been underfed and is really hungry, or if he is just a glutton, so thought I would post on here to get some advice. His temperament seems good...so far he has only crabbed at me once for just a little bit when I first got him from the girl and peeked at him in his bonding pouch. From what I learned from the girl when I picked him up, he was not really handled by her very much so I'm sure it will take a lot of time, patience and work on my part to get him bonded to that point, but as of right now he will take food from me without being startled and a couple of times has let me touch him for just a sec, only giving me this look like "what the heck are you doing?" before wandering away to explore/look for more food. I know we will need to get him a new friend sooner rather than later, and have poured over the forum that gives the details on the how's/where's/why's, but as I had originally intended to get an already bonded pair and have not owned any previously we only have the one cage so will have to get another one along with cage set/toys etc so we can keep them separate and introduce them properly. Anyway this is our story up till now...I would love any advice/experience anyone has to share and want to thank everyone in advance...this site is amazing and I'm so glad it's here to help!

258 Views · 6 Comments
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
2 registered (Philwojo, Chumleys_Mom), 25 Guests and 69 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
CassaNoir, CrazyGliderLady, SoonerSugaMomma, DeeDee63, TexasSteph
6095 Registered Users
Forum Stats
18 posts in the last 24hrs
6096 Members
128 Forums
9619 Topics
152171 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics