by Feather
11/15/17 05:29 PM
Skunking
by Feather
11/15/17 05:27 PM
OM Gosh!!! Christmas Trees!
by Hutch
11/15/17 02:27 PM
New to the glider world. Looking for wisdom.
by Hutch
11/15/17 01:39 PM
wow the progams changed a lot these days
by Hutch
11/15/17 01:29 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

11/09/17 06:07 PM Hi new to forum.

Hello. I'm new to the forum here but not to gliders. Had a small colony of them when I was a teen and just picked up 2 new babies tonight. I can not wait to get to know everyone!

157 Views · 6 Comments
10/19/17 03:36 PM First time glider owner looking for wisdom

Hi we’re new owners to. We’re rescuing a pair of females from Wisconsin Sugar Glider Rescue. We got a nice 21*23*31” HQ flight cage, talked to Matt for the Ec leaves. (Side note Matt’s doing good, he’s 30 miles away from the wildfires) We researched the diet and got a great recipe. We’re ordering the mineral and sups from Amazon and the Glider Wheel too. So I think we’ll be ready when we get them next week

251 Views · 4 Comments
10/09/17 08:52 PM Second Thoughts

Hi everyone! I'm going to be an official sugar glider owner of two in a week, but I'm suddenly having second thoughts about it. frown

I have done all the necessary research about caring for them and have the supplies and equipment ready for them. But now I'm just worried that I won't be able to take care of them as well as I thought I could.

The thing is, I'm a high school student who is going to graduate next year, and I am afraid I won't have the time to care for them than I had originally thought.

I am totally fine with having to constantly care for them by taking the time to make their meals, clean their cages, play with them, and have them chatter in the night (I'm a deep sleeper and I don't mind noise). I also don't do many extracurricular activities so I go home straight away.

But I worry that I cannot find the time to bond with them with days I have a busy schedule. Also, I'm at school from 8:40AM to 3:00PM and I wonder if that time period is too long to be away from them. I also know that when I go to university, I might be away for longer periods of time from them. (The universities I plan to go to all allow exotic pets)

I am mainly worried for their health and bonding them with me. So should I still get them or not? (Though I really want them and I understand the responsibility with having sugar gliders, I am okay with not getting them if it is for the best)

473 Views · 5 Comments
09/27/17 02:08 PM First time glider owner looking for wisdom

Hi! I recently retired and then bought a sweet little 14 week old male glider, Gizmo, 5 weeks ago. So far he has survived my inexperienced parenting attempts. As a new owner, I have lots of questions and concerns. There is a lot of conflicting info on the internet - so trying to use common sense while weeding through it all.

In the bonding and relations section, I just posted some of my questions and concerns on traveling while in the early bonding period and what to do about a mate since he is not neutered. Please feel free to share your wisdom and experience with me. Thanks!

907 Views · 6 Comments
09/12/17 11:53 AM New Owner!

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I just adopted a single sugar glider from friends of ours, he had a cage mate with the previous owners but they unfortunately lost him outside.
He seems to be getting used to us (biting less, letting us pick him up, etc)
but I would love to know any tips/tricks you guys have! Especially regarding cage furnishings and bonding as he only came with a food dish, water bottle and heat rock.

Thank you! <3

933 Views · 14 Comments
08/31/17 11:21 PM Help! I don't know where my babies came from!

November of last year I rescued 4 gliders that were said to have been abandoned. The girl I got them from, got them from a girl who needed a foster home for them, and she says she got them from a guy, but doesn't remember his name. Neither girl is helpful with any information about the gliders. I have so many questions about their history, their previous health status, previous diets, just millions of questions.
They're doing great now, BUT there are babies now...
I was told that these gliders were fixed. But they're not. There's 2 boys and 2 girls. I know who the Mommy and Daddy are, but not having their history is really starting to bother me! I'm sure there was record of them at birth, correct? Because you have to document them to follow the lineage to ensure there is no mating between relatives?
I've done plenty of research on Sugar Gliders, but I know nothing of the development of the joeys.

I've re-written this post a million times. It's difficult to word all of the drama that came before them, and I felt like I was rambling.
Is there any way to find out who my babies are?! Where they came from?! Then I'd know how old they were, and if they were related.
I live in Illinois. I picked them up in Bartlet maybe. They were fostered through an Elgin FB page, and previously lived in that area Elgin, Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg.

Idk where else to turn.
Thanks for reading.

872 Views · 8 Comments
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
1 registered (mechnut450), 15 Guests and 46 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
gwenhwyfar, JJThailand, Indo253, rinna, AshAlv
6418 Registered Users
Forum Stats
7 posts in the last 24hrs
6419 Members
134 Forums
8945 Topics
148306 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics
wow the progams changed a lot these days
by mechnut450
11/15/17 08:09 AM
Two neutered males mounting each other/fighting
by Bee
11/14/17 11:17 PM
TPG Diet
by kidqwik
11/14/17 11:06 AM
Skunking
by Kris
11/14/17 04:42 AM
New Cage for RV!
by Ladymagyver
11/14/17 03:28 AM
New to the glider world. Looking for wisdom.
by Indo253
11/14/17 01:35 AM
moving in with roommate who has a cat
by rinna
11/12/17 11:04 PM
To All Veterans
by KarenE
11/11/17 12:51 PM
Pouch concerns
by Ladymagyver
11/10/17 07:36 AM
My baby is missing!!!!!