Sugar Glider Community Calendar

Please click here to see larger view
Articles
More coming soon!!
Today's Birthdays
Xfilefan
Featured Member
Last 10 Posts
Three weeks in, first timer, questions .
by KarenE
11:37 AM
Hi! I need some help
by KarenE
11:34 AM
2018 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw
12/15/17 07:04 PM
Self Mutilating
by Ladymagyver
12/15/17 05:53 PM
BML Help
by Ladymagyver
12/15/17 10:21 AM
Injured Tail W/No Vet Instru/Help!
by Terry
12/14/17 09:31 PM
Another Prolapsed cloaca
by Terry
12/14/17 09:03 PM
Grieving sugar glider
by Firefly
12/14/17 08:36 PM
Recipe for glider yogi's please!
by Ladymagyver
12/14/17 01:58 PM
Hi new to forum.
by durga
12/14/17 10:36 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

12/15/17 05:12 PM Hi! I need some help

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I had a pair of sugargliders, but one of them passed away two days ago. Now, I have a single 14yr old male who is blind. He finally started eating again, before he was so depressed he wouldn't even taste his favorite treats. However, now he only sleeps, nibbles on his food, and runs. He doesn't want to leave his cage or even the pouch for the most part. The first day after Princess died he wouldn't leave me at all. What can I do for him? Would trying to find another senior glider be good for him? I don't know if he's too old to accept another, or if there is such a thing as too old in the glider world.

66 Views · 6 Comments
12/03/17 07:17 PM Third set of Gliders but here to stay!

I thought I had completed enough research to handle gliders. The first one I bought was a standard color and 12 weeks OOP. I knew he needed a buddy so I searched for a second one and found a tiny 6 week OOP. I nervously took the little baby but worried it would not make it as it was so much more fragile than the one I had. I nurtured her and she thrived! I soon had two hand tamed wonderful babies.
Then, I got sick and they were something I had to let go-I cried when the lady picked them up and I explained that she would need to neuter the boy-or learn to raise gliders which is not a good idea for a first time owner. She left, and with her went my little buddies! I was heart broken!
I located a pair by accident in a small town near here. The person had never worked with the girls. They were grippy and finally I was able to tame down one but not both. I decided I couldn't do it and so I rehomed these two. At the time I was having another health issue that required a hip replacement.
I dreamt of my first two glidders and finally decided, I had to have a tame pair. I drove to White Settlement in Texas and a wonderful breeder sold me my two males. They are precious.
I work full time, I have a couple of aquariums, 3 small dogs and two large lumbering outside (mostly) dogs and Fred and Barnie-my little hand tamed gliders!
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the forum! And I look forward to continuing to learn about gliders and others experiences!

216 Views · 6 Comments
12/02/17 06:05 PM Is a glider right for me?

So my fiancé and I were shopping today and came across Pocket Pets in a mall. After talking with the guy we walked away to give it some thought. After looking up the company we decided against getting one from that seller. However, we're still interested in getting one but have some questions.

1. How loud are they during the night? Sleeps pretty important with the work I'm in.

2. My work schedule is pretty different. I work 10-12 24 hour shifts a month (not in a row). I know they require a good amount of attention so I want to make sure that's okay.

3. I have a 24x24x48 metal screened cage. Would that be okay for them?

Thanks for the help!

631 Views · 28 Comments
11/28/17 10:03 PM Hi!

Hi there!

I'm a new member here, but not new to having gliders (though I haven't had any in awhile)! I've got three babies coming to me next week and couldn't be more excited.

I tend to be more of a lurker in forums since life keeps me busy (I'm a veterinary student), but I look forward to trying to keep up and being a part of the forums here!

154 Views · 3 Comments
11/09/17 06:07 PM Hi new to forum.

Hello. I'm new to the forum here but not to gliders. Had a small colony of them when I was a teen and just picked up 2 new babies tonight. I can not wait to get to know everyone!

327 Views · 7 Comments
10/19/17 03:36 PM First time glider owner looking for wisdom

Hi we’re new owners to. We’re rescuing a pair of females from Wisconsin Sugar Glider Rescue. We got a nice 21*23*31” HQ flight cage, talked to Matt for the Ec leaves. (Side note Matt’s doing good, he’s 30 miles away from the wildfires) We researched the diet and got a great recipe. We’re ordering the mineral and sups from Amazon and the Glider Wheel too. So I think we’ll be ready when we get them next week

363 Views · 4 Comments
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
2 registered (nancy1202, Hutch), 12 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
RAWRnivore, Tara24, Sal305, Cherylr1995, SarasotaSugs
6452 Registered Users
Forum Stats
7 posts in the last 24hrs
6453 Members
134 Forums
8999 Topics
148779 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics
Hi! I need some help
by RAWRnivore
12/15/17 05:12 PM
BML Help
by Alan
12/14/17 04:59 PM
Grieving sugar glider
by Firefly
12/14/17 01:04 PM
Self Mutilating
by Anonymous
12/14/17 11:26 AM
Injured Tail W/No Vet Instru/Help!
by
12/13/17 03:57 AM
Recipe for glider yogi's please!
by Claralice
12/12/17 10:03 PM
My Caramel Gliders anything I need to know about neutering?
by Claralice
12/12/17 04:14 PM
Three weeks in, first timer, questions .
by Lisa11
12/12/17 04:42 AM
RIP Spencer
by Cora
12/11/17 04:58 PM
New odor issue??
by AlyCatz
12/08/17 05:37 PM
(Views)Popular Topics
I just found a lump on Timmy's chest--HELP! 20205086
Spencer needs your prayers/good thoughts 12468506
TEXAS 659026