11/30/16 07:46 AM
Link Label Error
by Hutch
11/30/16 12:23 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

11/30/16 01:42 PM Sorry for posting

I am sorry for posting on needing help.
I must have done something wrong.
I just wanted to know if someone could help me.
This site looked promising with caring people.
The site is hard to navigate but I will try to delete myself.

Tina

100 Views · 2 Comments
11/27/16 03:45 PM New here, sort of...

Hi, I'm Stacy, and I actually registered here almost two years ago, long before I got any gliders.

I got my first trio in early September, my fourth a few weeks later, and the second trio a few weeks after that.

My first three (the Kaos Krew) are named for Firefly characters: Mal, Inara, and Zoe. Number four came to us with the name Maverick and my kids insisted we keep that name. And the last three (Dragons) are named after dragons in Anne McCaffrey's Pern book series, so those are Mnementh, Canth, and Ruth. If you haven't read the books, to help with confusion, all three are male!

100 Views · 2 Comments
11/26/16 09:45 PM New Gliders, Difference of suggies

Hi Im new to the forums and Im pondering on the difference of care of baby gliders and adults. Ive done much research on adult gliders, I know babys needed to be more hydrated. But Im wondering if theres a difference on how to care between the two. Im expecting suggies next month, and picking them up from the airport. Thanks in advance for any replies grin

155 Views · 3 Comments
11/15/16 02:29 PM Need help

Let me start by saying if have learned a lot here already. I have wanted to be owned by gliders for 7 years. I seen gliders at a reptile show in Tennessee while on vacation and the research began. Lol. Lots and lots of research. I realized how much time needs to be spent with them and was unable to dedicate the time. But know I've been forced to retire at 52 and have 24/7 to be with them. I live in Missouri and have been unable to find a breeder here. I'm would love to adopt at least 3. Just love the standard color. I have got everything I need cage all set up but just missing gliders. I'm just looking for pets. I have no desire to breed. Just want pets. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for all the help

277 Views · 6 Comments
11/13/16 11:20 AM First time with gliders

Hi All! My name is Stef, and my two young gliders have been with me for just about a month now.

I've had cats all my life, but have been without furry companionship for a couple of years now and finally decided to try something new. I ordered my gliders from one of the infamous trade-show brokers before I understood that situation, but cut ties with that company after doing my research. But no matter their origin, I am so in love with these babies!

Yoda is a bold and brave little boy, who was eager to start bonding from the first night at home. He loves jumping onto my shoulder and running all over me (peeing as he goes). He loves coming out of the cage to explore, and has escaped a couple of times, but also returned without much hassle.

Jabberwinky is a little high strung, and does her best to convince me that she is a large and fearsome beastie. She is very vocal, no matter her mood. From ferocious crabbing to soft little squeaks, she makes herself heard day and night. She has been slower to bond, but will now come to my hand in the cage, and happily run all over me (stopping to nip and make little whisker noises in my ears).

I'm happy to find this forum and share the glider love with all of you. smile

Stef

210 Views · 5 Comments
11/08/16 12:16 PM New mommy plz helpppp!!!

Hi everyone I'm a new suggie mommy and really could use some help. So my 15-year-old daughter got our first Suggieand his name is Cannon. He was about six months old when we got him a couple months ago. We had never had one and didn't know much about them. My daughter wanted to take care of him and she did well for the 1st few weeks but then wasn't spending as much time with him so I told her she had to put his cage in the living room so I could help take care of him too. So Canon moved to the living room and I started doing lots of research to see exactly how to care for him other then what the girl explained to my daughter when she got him. So I took him to the vet, got his diet down, and started working on bonding with him. It's been about 4 weeks and I think we r doing fairly well....he climbs on me when we go in the bathroom for play time, he lets me reach in and pet him in his pouch, and tries to get on my arm to get out with me when I reach in his cage. He does seem still a little scared when he is running around and still shakes when I first get his pouch out but I figured it'll keep getting better with time. So in my research I decided that since I do have to work and my daughter isn't consistently interested in him that Cannon needed a buddy. So the a couple nites ago Charlie came home. His oop is 8-31-16 so he is still a baby. So far he won't let me even open his pouch without crabbing loudly. I have the pieces of fleece I'm sleeping with and putting in with him and I have held him in his pouch while he's sleeping but he still crabs when I move with him. I did put some apple slices thru some of the holes in his cage and he ate those last nite but he crabs when he sees me put my hand near the cage. i would greatly appreciate any help on what I can do to help him bond with me and about how long I wait to try? Also how to get Cannon and Charlie acquainted to b able to b in the same cage?

459 Views · 8 Comments
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
0 registered (), 11 Guests and 42 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
morganrae, SIO0907, TJF, IzzyMom, Martinique
5949 Registered Users
Forum Stats
11 posts in the last 24hrs
5949 Members
128 Forums
9703 Topics
151873 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics