09/20/17 11:55 AM
It is time to Party!
by Stef333
09/20/17 09:15 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
A Welcome Message

On behalf of the Owners, Administrators, and Moderators, welcome to the GliderCENTRAL Home Page. We have been serving the glider community for about nine years now with more than 275,000 posts for the purpose of sharing glider information while providing a family type of atmosphere. Both veteran and new members are welcome. Our main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care. We are a PG rated board and do not approve of flaming or bashing. This board will not be involved in name calling, gossip or drama. If you have any problems or questions, please contact one of our Moderators, Administrators or the Owner.

We would like to thank everyone for making GliderCENTRAL what it is and we are glad to have you all.
Have fun, and we will strive to give all the help we can for you.

09/12/17 11:53 AM New Owner!

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I just adopted a single sugar glider from friends of ours, he had a cage mate with the previous owners but they unfortunately lost him outside.
He seems to be getting used to us (biting less, letting us pick him up, etc)
but I would love to know any tips/tricks you guys have! Especially regarding cage furnishings and bonding as he only came with a food dish, water bottle and heat rock.

Thank you! <3

280 Views · 14 Comments
08/31/17 11:21 PM Help! I don't know where my babies came from!

November of last year I rescued 4 gliders that were said to have been abandoned. The girl I got them from, got them from a girl who needed a foster home for them, and she says she got them from a guy, but doesn't remember his name. Neither girl is helpful with any information about the gliders. I have so many questions about their history, their previous health status, previous diets, just millions of questions.
They're doing great now, BUT there are babies now...
I was told that these gliders were fixed. But they're not. There's 2 boys and 2 girls. I know who the Mommy and Daddy are, but not having their history is really starting to bother me! I'm sure there was record of them at birth, correct? Because you have to document them to follow the lineage to ensure there is no mating between relatives?
I've done plenty of research on Sugar Gliders, but I know nothing of the development of the joeys.

I've re-written this post a million times. It's difficult to word all of the drama that came before them, and I felt like I was rambling.
Is there any way to find out who my babies are?! Where they came from?! Then I'd know how old they were, and if they were related.
I live in Illinois. I picked them up in Bartlet maybe. They were fostered through an Elgin FB page, and previously lived in that area Elgin, Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg.

Idk where else to turn.
Thanks for reading.

296 Views · 5 Comments
08/16/17 09:43 AM Joey or Full grown

Ok, so me and my wife have decided that it's time to get a glider. A friend has two and I liked them my wife think they are too cute. We have been together 7 years and we feel like we are ready. I have been doing research for like 4 months in my spare time. We have an opportunity to get a pair of girls that are about 18 months. We have what we would need for them mostly. Waiting for some stuff in the mail. My only concern is bonding. My research says Joey's bond better but I have a big heart and wanna give the 2 girls a good home.

427 Views · 6 Comments
08/08/17 08:23 PM Rescue or purchase from breeder opinions

Hi, my family and I are wanting to add a pair of new family members in the next few months and would like your opinion. these will be our first gliders, so naturally, we are nervous about finding the right fit. As a family, we tend to adopt the older, goofy, hard to adopt out kind of pets. Lol. We have researched all kinds of glider rescues and breeders and would appreciate anyones opinions one way or another on what would be best for a first time owner. TIA!

472 Views · 4 Comments
07/22/17 01:04 AM Travel

New mom and grandma here! We just welcomed home our babies a week ago! All is going well and just had play time tonight in the spare bedroom with the whole family (3 of us ) It was the best ever! My question is, we will be leaving in 2 weeks for a 3 week trip in the motorhome, our two little ones will be going with us with our two little dogs. Is there anything extra I need to be thinking of to make our trip a success? I packed a big portable kennel for the dogs to put them up so we can have free time with the suggies. I Can pack frozen food in the freezer and their normal cage (until our bigger one gets here ) but any other travel advice would be great!

414 Views · 4 Comments
07/21/17 05:49 PM Hi everyone!!!

Hi everyone!! My boyfriend Zach and I recently became proud parents of a little standard gray boy Roux and a lovely little lady Aspen, who's a white faced blonde. Everyone on this forum seems so knowledgeable and nice!! I'd really appreciate any advice or info anyone would like to share. We've only had them for about 5 weeks and I feel like one of those crazy first time mom's that over researches everything, buys too much, and and... well I'm TERRIFIED my babies won't bind with me.. amongst a million other things like omg have did zach leave the toilet seat up etc

651 Views · 10 Comments
GliderCENTRAL's Features

• Forums- The forums are the heart of GliderCENTRAL (GC). Here you will find discussion on just about every thing about sugar gliders.
  • Links- The links database is comprehensive collection of links that will provide you hours of reading. The links can be added by anyone and reviews can be left and read on existing ones. Included in the Links Database, you will find the Vets List and Breeder List
  • Sounds- Hear some of sounds that gliders make. We have audio formats for both Windows Media player and Real Audio.
  • Glider Names- Almost two thousand names are here. These names were submitted by our members over the years so we have a great collection.

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
1 registered (Ladymagyver), 18 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
Luithicca, Mbm, Luly, KRaines0731, MMLang
6343 Registered Users
Forum Stats
26 posts in the last 24hrs
6344 Members
134 Forums
8879 Topics
147583 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics